UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Secret Santa 2011 is now live!

I got my gift in the mail today! :biggrin:

SecretSanta1.jpg

It comes all the way from Oz which indeed is on the opposite side of our lovely planet!

SecretSanta2.jpg

It contains a lot of white worms...

SecretSanta3.jpg

Oh, Caramel Koalas and rainbow colored Candy Canes! Never saw those Koalas before, but I do love me some Candy! Cool!

SecretSanta4.jpg

I like that Wrap a lot! Wild guess: not Minimates. :tongue:

SecretSanta5.jpg

Yeah!!! I always wanted to read that story arc and never ever got it. Thanks a lot! Exactly what I was looking for! :biggrin:

So, Secret Santa. Let's see who you are. It comes from Oz, so that narrows it down. To be more specific, it comes from Canberra. And to be even more specific, it comes from the National Libraray of Oz and I only know one person working there.

Thanks a lot Nessex! I really, really like what you got me and I'm looking forward to read it when I'm over at my parents' over the holidays! :yes:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, Secret Santa. Let's see who you are. It comes from Oz, so that narrows it down. To be more specific, it comes from Canberra. And to be even more specific, it comes from the National Libraray of Oz and I only know one person working there.

Thanks a lot Nessex! I really, really like what you got me and I'm looking forward to read it when I'm over at my parents' over the holidays! :yes:

Oh WOW! I am amazed that you remembered i work at the NLA. I thought sending it from work would be safer than sending it from me home. LOL.

Glad you like it. We don't have many places here that sell minimates, so i was glad i was able to find something for you still.

Merry Christmas Mate. :thumbsup:

Nessex always sends the best gifts. :)

Awwww, shucks :P

Edited by Nessex

Oh WOW! I am amazed that you remembered i work at the NLA. I thought sending it from work would be safer than sending it from me home. LOL.

Glad you like it. We don't have many places here that sell minimates, so i was glad i was able to find something for you still.

Merry Christmas Mate. :thumbsup:

Yes, I did remember that from your thoughts on changing the job. And since I'm in the international pool and I do know that getting Minimates outside North America can be really hard, I put some other stuff on my list. And I'm really glad you picked that one. Thanks a lot. :thumbsup:

Merry Christmas!

I got mine today! It was a very cool package with a BD Classic and Modern Cylons, 4 TF Minimate promos, and a very very awesome Black Cat sketch card. Given the participation in this thread, the interest in the Transformers thread, and comparing the artwork (that was fun) and given that the address was from San Jose, and I have no idea if he's still there or not, my only conclusion 9and probably wrong) is that this was Jcastick!

post-51-0-80251800-1324331885_thumb.jpg

My present arrived in the mail today! My generous Santa sent me 2 blind bagged Doctor Who Character Builder figures (both Cybermen, which I needed!), a Gorilla Grodd minimate (who I needed to make another one of Red Ghost's Super Apes), this Doctor Who sticker, and best of all, a custom Age of Apocalypse Gambit!!

gambit-1.jpg

I love this custom. :D I will post a pic of him with my other AoA figures soon.

I am fairly certain that my Santa is none other than Bob Harris. Thank you so much!!

What can I say, you are right Luke. Was it that obvious? The package coming from Germany and all? :tongue:

When I first read your list I was shocked, since I thought I couldn't get anything you wanted. Then I realized I did have a Gorilla Grodd. And then I realized my Comic Shop did have those Dr. Who packs. But I wanted to include a custom and for heaven's sake, I had no idea how AoA Gambit looked like - don't even mention those other AoA characters. And after googeling him I figured out he was even displayed with different styles. I liked the one wearing the brown jacket better than him wearing the cape. (My guess is he was first wearing the cape and later on went with the brown jacket, this scarf thingy being the rest of his cape? Never read AoA.) So I based him off of that little pic and that Marvel Legends custom. Glad you like him. :biggrin:

Happy Holidays!

I got my gift in the mail today!

The two MAX sets I wanted the most: the Mountain Climbers and the Divers!

Those pale in comparison to the CUSTOM FALCON that seriously looks like it's factory made! It's good old Sam Wilson in his red-and-white costume, complete with Redbird and comes in a custom single-box with bio on the back! It's the most amazing thing I've ever seen!

Seriously, when I opened it from the tissue paper I thought somehow he'd gotten ahold of one that Diamond was releasing early and had surprised me with it. It's THAT flawlessly executed!

I know who my Secret Santa is, as he was mine too and I recognize the address. It's LOBSTERMAN!

What's even cooler is that I'm re-reading the Kirby '70's Captain America stories which star Falcon!

Pics soon.

So I got my gift today, and I am blown away!

My Secret Santa got me two Hand Ninja packs which I have been clamoring for, (Now I have an urge to get more than two!) 5 sketch cards of redesigned Batman villains and of course, Batman, AND a custom of said Batman redesign that includes a ton of sleek looking gadgets!

Thanks a ton UNDEADPOOL!!!!

Pics!

2011-12-20_15-59-54_731.jpg

FxCam_1324415743674.jpg

FxCam_1324416005012.jpg

I got my GIFT today, and again I am reminded how many amazing customizers there are on these boards. I got what is now my favorite holiday mate. Christmas Cap!

6546611837_3c82924a3c_z.jpg

Incase you can't tell from my crappy photography he has the holly symbol on his chest and back(which isn't photographed obviously).

Included with this amazing piece were 2 Universal Monster series 2 TRU packs, the TRU Stealth MAX jet, and 2 of the blind packed LEGO figures.

6546608753_3c83b3d230_z.jpg

Boyd you are awesome!!! Thank you so much!! I still haven't stopped smiling about the Christmas Cap.

Boyd you are awesome!!! Thank you so much!! I still haven't stopped smiling about the Christmas Cap.

Ah, shucks. I'm glad you like him.

I love seeing what everyone else gets, because there's some fantastic customs this year. Lobsterman's Falcon is incredible, Bob's AoA Gambit is great, Jcastick's Transformer logo blanks are swell, and I love Mattallica's Batmobile. And whomever made Minijeff's plethora of customs is pretty creative as well - that snowman is a great combination of parts.

As promised, here's a picture of the amazing Falcon that Lobsterman made for me! Below is a link to an album with more!

Dude totally made my Christmas an amazing one, after a really lousy Fall (relationship woes).

Falc1.jpg

http://photobucket.com/falcon_custom

I now know the meaning of 'jealousy'. Absolutely wondeful custom .

Bravo to everybody here who got involved with Secret Santa ...what a great bunch of people :thumbsup: