UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Miles Morales (Ultimate Spider-Man) concept art revealed!

youbastards

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love it!! miles looks awesome! im already in love with all the new ultimate comics so i hope to see more :D

also interesting that he will be coming with a classic spidey villain instead of an ultimate one...unless they just mean the character is classic, if so it would be cool to have an updated ultimate green goblin or prowler since he appears in the first issue of ultimate spiderman

That's the one, Mini_Myte. Thanks for the pic.

Don't get me wrong, this is a perfectly valid Spidey variant, certainly more welcome than others I've purchased. (can't decide what's more puzzling: that DST made a half Spider-Man, half Peter Parker minimate, or that I paid money for it willingly) And it's a neat costume design. I just don't give enough of a fig about the Ultimate universe to be excited about getting him.

And BHM, HI-Larious!!!

blue face-place on the white hood, purple collar piece/belt combo over the robe, sleeves tucked into the gauntlets. Yeah I can totally see it.

You are a bad influence on youth of America... youth being a relative term here.:rolleyes:

I think it's pretty smart of DST to announce this now while the character's new and drawing interest. Heck, they probably should have made a bigger deal and touted it as the new Spidey's first figure. It draws some attention to Minimates, so yay. Costume's meh, but whatever. At this point, I'm not even sure if there's any Spidey villains that I'm particularly desiring (I bulked up my Rhino on my own, with some Ultimate Hulk parts). Who's even left? Hammerhead? Lightmaster? Will-O-The-Wisp? White Rabbit? The mind reels....

I like this figure.

I like logical variants, I like the look of this suit, I like the comedy stylings of Donald Glover (of whom this new Spider-man is supposed to look like), I’m not one of the people who will hate everything that’s not Kang... seems like I’m the target audience of this one and I’m happy for it.

I'm surprised at the reaction to this, if we're going to get more Spider-Men (spoiler: we are) this is probably one of the most unique variations we could get as it represents a whole new character. And since this will also get us a new Spider-Man villain, this is an example to me of a good mix on DST's part. If we have to have major character retreads, make them unique and interesting and package them with a cool supporting character or villain.

I'm happy with this, which is a nice feeling after all the movie waves and disappointing Q+A answers. (Winter Soldier)

Hey if you go to dst's fb page at the miles morales comments will see something that will make your day. I told them(my fb name is Χρηστος σιδερένιος. It's not my real name, I rarely give my true name) them that the new villain could be kingpin cause they said he could benefit from an update. Then I told them that a good box set would be: dock oak,volture,mysterio,electro and a tru 2pack sandman and kraven so we could form the sinister six.(most are very hard to find so noone can buy them now). Then q good idea for a wave would be: morbius,modern lizard bulked up rhino,army builder shocker,tombstone variant ultimate bulked up rhino.(I'm a new collector I started this year and have only 60 something mates, most new releases so I don't have too many figures of the past and I guess many people who start now don't have them too.I also live in Greece and buy everything through eBay or Luke. I have only two spiderman! Armored and six armed) anyway they said my guess. For the classic villain was good but wrong BUT they said the wave was good and they are gonna make some of these guys. NOW AIN'T THAT AWESOME? MORBIUS,BULKED UP RHINO?

Edited by beta ray bill

So your real name isn't beta ray bill :ohmy:

A bulked Rhino would certainly be welcome as would Morbius & a modern Lizard. I'm not sure that the existing Kraven Minimate could be bettered ,it is a superb Minimate with a fantastic paintjob that showed what DST can actually achieve ....unfortunately their version of the Vulture is at the other end of the scale so another version would be a great idea .

Wasn't there a rejected Spider-Man costume from the first movie designed by Alex Ross that was very similar to this one?

No real surprise here, knew it was coming soon. More interested to hear who he's going to packed with.

And I don't think this will be reversed too quickly. Quesada has wanted a major Marvel character to have a black alter-ego since he first came onboard. (apparently no one told him about the year and a half Rhodey spent as Iron Man) Joe lobbied hard for Ultimate Cap to be black. And he was one of the loudest critics when Sony said that the kid from community was in-elligible to audition four SM4 because he was black. (Then you shouldn't have signed all your rights away should you have Marvel?) I think they are sticking to their guns on this one, right or wrong.

This is the one you're thinking of...

alex-ross-spider-man-movie-art.jpg

Close, very close.

They used that costume/something very similar in a what if comic a few years ago.

697655-spider_man_super.jpg

Anyway, personally I like Spidey variants. There are a number of great costumes that I feel have still to be made as minimates (including the one above) or re-made. As long as it's not another bloody variant of the classic red and blue I'm happy.

I'm also a fan of slip on masks. I like being able to pose Spider-Man unmasked if I want. Granted it does make the head bulky but I tend to have mine un-masked and holding the mask. However, I'm surprised DST haven't re-used the mask from Unmasked Black-Suited Spider-Man. That mask was very thin and didn't add the bulk the others have.

Though I'm surprised we have to wait until next summer to get this minimate. When I initially read it, I was under the impression this was going to be part of TRU Wave 13 (presuming that one comes out before the end of this year/early next year).

Carnage,....... Nuff said

I challenge DST to make another version bearing in mind that it was again one of their finest moments . On the face of it a simple Minimate cast in red & painted black with the trademark white eyes & grin. In reality it is a superb Minimate painted on virtually every part of the Minimate....top of head ,inside legs blah blah.....it's easier to say where it's not painted,the soles of his feet,underside of crotch piece & underneath his head .He has hands with fingers/claws & an axe hand,unique as far as I know. He appeared in Wave 2 & a TRU box-set 8 years ago yet still remains on many people's wish-list.

I challenge them to make a better version although I would imagine that if they did they would concentrate more on the (-bhm struggles for correct term-) wispy/webby menacing bits surrounding him which wouldn't have been possible at the time.

they couldn't come close to doing something better than wave 2 Carnage. Same figure with C3 feet?

Miles is a nice looking mate, but he isn't Spider-Man. No real interest, but I'm sure I'll be buying him for the villain he comes with.