UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Miles Morales (Ultimate Spider-Man) concept art revealed!

youbastards

Ive had this 616 v Ult conversation tons of times with my friends. I confine my argument to The Ultimates because its the only book I really kept up with. Basically the people that complained the most read the least. Ultimates 1 and 2 were great. There are good and bad in both universes. There is also room for both. That being said an Ultimate two pack here and there is fine by me.

im not saying that id have ultimate characters over 616 (well except hawkeye and xorn)

Ultimate Hawkeye is one of the coolest characters ever. A much bigger bad ass than pretty much anyone else in the Ult Universe or 616.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean another all-Ultimates wave, don't you, Zach? :biggrin:

For the record, it's a neat design, and I personally don't begrudge it the spot. (unless you or Chuck let slip you bumped Kang out of the schedule for it)

And Rheul, I read the Ultimates through Volume 2, until it jumped onto the shark and was devoured in Vol. 3 so I quit that book. I quit Ult. Spidey around the time they made Liz Allen into Firestar... mostly for monetary reasons. Still a well developed What If to me.

Ultimate Hawkeye is indeed a badass. "You shouldn't have dropped me in the kitchen, you @$#%s!"

And I forgot we did that all-Ultimate wave (to be honest, I was entirely removed from the industry for a year or two there). Now I need to track those down. The first two Ultimates volumes were great, but the art and writing on volume 3 made me drop it after the first issue like a hot frying pan.

And Miles Morales's spot was going to be a Spidey spot no matter what. Hopefully nobody's favorite Spidey got bumped. I'm sure it'll turn up soon enough.

And Miles Morales's spot was going to be a Spidey spot no matter what. Hopefully nobody's favorite Spidey got bumped. I'm sure it'll turn up soon enough.

Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

That was my favorite Spidey you bumped! Now I'll never see bumped Spidey!

I'm going to be buying multiple Miles Morales minimates in protest!

Raaawwwrrrr! :angry:

So... what was the bumped Spidey? :tongue:

Ultimate Hawkeye is indeed a badass. "You shouldn't have dropped me in the kitchen, you @$#%s!"

And I forgot we did that all-Ultimate wave (to be honest, I was entirely removed from the industry for a year or two there). Now I need to track those down. The first two Ultimates volumes were great, but the art and writing on volume 3 made me drop it after the first issue like a hot frying pan.

Favorite Spidey? I *think* we're passed that point, unless there's anybody who's dying for a Spider-Hulk from that run on "Web of Spider-Man". Which'd be neat, don't get me wrong.

It's the Spidey villains that I'm dyin' for. Molten Man and the Beetle, Jackal, Carrion, Crime Master! Hammerhead and Silvermane! Toooooombstone!

Blast you Miles Morales!! Now I'll have to wait even longer for my coveted Amazing Bag-Man!!!! Blast Youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!

Zach... Zaaaaaaaaacccchhhh

were you hinting when you mentioned Jackal, I am officially suspicious.

or does Miles come with, as I've suspected all along, a beefed up classic Rhino?

...its ok, you can tell us, we're trustworthy like that... honest.

I really disliked the Ultimate Universe for a long time... just the entire idea of it. But I finally broke down and read Millar's Ultimates, and, credit where it's due, that's a well-crafted comic book. Still, I always felt like the Ultimate books were all sizzle, no steak. The way that Marvel's felt justified in treating these characters without any respect whatsoever (I mean, the Wasp was EATEN BY THE BLOB) has kind of reinforced that notion for me. I know a lot of people feel differently about Ultimate Spidey (I've only ever read the first volume of that book, which I thought was terrible, but I generally don't like Bendis), but this whole "killing Spidey and replacing him with a minority" is such a desperate stunt to draw interest back to a flagging line that I think it's really just another nail in the coffin of what was, once upon a time, a cutting-edge line of comics. Hey, here's an old post from my blog about the Death of Spider-Man (which was linked to by Robot 6!)

Anyway, I think it's perfectly fine for DST to make a Minimate of the guy. I like to see DST take advantage of the publicity surrounding the new Spider-Man by getting the Minimate name out there. Hopefully, by next summer, he won't have suffered some terrible, Jeph Loeb-penned mutilation to drive up sales.

Favorite Spidey? I *think* we're passed that point, unless there's anybody who's dying for a Spider-Hulk from that run on "Web of Spider-Man". Which'd be neat, don't get me wrong.

It's the Spidey villains that I'm dyin' for. Molten Man and the Beetle, Jackal, Carrion, Crime Master! Hammerhead and Silvermane! Toooooombstone!

I know I'm still waiting for a Spider-Man Unlimited or Negative Zone Spidey costume. I would also love to see a Joe Wade Scarlet Spider and the new Scarlet Spider costume, so my opinion may be on the fringe.

Edited by jjwspider

All this Spidey, Scarlet Spidey & Kaine talk has got me thinking there's gotta be Clone Saga wave at some point down the line, more so now than ever before.

Classic Scarlet Spiderman update with removable mask

Ben Reilly Spiderman update with removable mask

Jackal

Spidercide

New Scarlet Spiderman (removable mask ideally)

Half degenerated Peter Parker clone (army builder)

*Variant original costume Kaine

A whole Spiderman wave and yet... not one single Spiderman! :)

Zach... please tell Chuck.