UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hello there!

Just wanted to stop in and say hello before the live chat tonight at 9 PM EST. I'm Zach Oat, Marketing Supervisor for Diamond Select Toys, which means I run our Facebook, Twitter, Minimates.com and the ArtAsylum.com blog, and I also write a lot of the packaging and Previews text now. I've only been with the company for a couple of months, but I covered DST products for years as an editor (later THE editor) at ToyFare magazine (1999-2008).

I used to write and shoot Minimates strips in my TF days, so it's been a real treat to do shoots with the early painted samples and to write scripts for our stop-motion animations. I just gave the animator our Pirate Raiders script, and the storyboards look amazing.

Again, DSTChuck and I will be doing a live chat tonight, so tune in.

post-6200-0-76370400-1312469932_thumb.jp

Welcome to the MMMV, Zach. . .HOPE YOU SURVIVE THE EXPERIENCE!

Also, thanks for the nifty First Class Minimates I won from your Facebook contest :highfive2:

Now, are you the guy we have to hassle about changing Hulk's name back to "MEGA RAGE!!"?

Edited by karamazov80

Now, are you the guy we have to hassle about changing Hulk's name back to "MEGA RAGE!!"?

I came up with Mega Rage! He seemed like he needed a special name. But they'd just been calling him "Hulk," so I guess they went off an earlier list of names when creating the packaging.

post-6200-0-71505000-1312483613_thumb.jp

Welcome. Nice to meet yu all that. Honestly I don't say much but I find that might be changing soon. But this is a great place to be and a community that shares a great love of minimates.

Also, I think it's personally just very cool of you to actually come on here and say anything to us at all. Don't know a lot of other people in your position that would do that.

Bran new member Mr.Oat ,you'll barley have thyme for the cereal rye comments ,they'll a maize you. Wheat un till you read the corny crop I've written & spelt. Hoe,hoe ,hoe . :biggrin:

-buckwheatsmate

Seriously Zach...welcome aboard & thanks for taking the time to say hello.

Cheerios.

Edited by buttheadsmate

Welcome Zach! I thought I might have scared you off at SDCC from visiting the Multiverse. But if you thought I was bad, just stick around...

And I love you so much more now that I know you came up with Mega Rage! Slap the person who changed it, even if it's your boss.

Please let us know what your favorite snacking food is so we can give it to you whenever one of us sees you at a convention. :biggrin:

Glad to meet ya, Zach.

But don't just pop on for the chat, feel free to stick around for the kvetching afterward.

Maybe later on we'll see another pack of the two as 'Mega Rage Hulk' and 'Complete Douche Bag Iron Man'...

Does that apply to every Iron Man they've already made though?

Considering I have the both packaged versions of the two-pack here, and they both say "Hulk," I don't think Mega Rage is coming back. But maybe I'll get to use it again someday, on another giant, very angry Hulk figure.

And Facebook is all well and good, but anything that doesn't get answered here, Ask DST at the artasylum.com page. Chuck has all the answers.

Hey Zach, maybe you could very politely and delicately ask Pat at AFX if you could give us a hint as to what we discussed last night in the chat room? (maybe while wearing a cup)