555 replies to this topic

#401 MINI_MYTE

MINI_MYTE

Cast your vote for Best Minimates of 2013

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:52 AM

Looks great, but one suggestion Bob, use the clunkier boots fro deadpool. After that, it'll be perfect. Don't hate me for my criticism. :(

Edited by MINI_MYTE, 03 October 2011 - 01:22 PM.

The Minibar mixes it up with the new Star Trek Legacy minimates. Beam on over to Shots From The Minibar to check it out
See where all the comic craziness began at Tales From The Minibar.

#402 dj87

dj87

not bilbofett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:23 PM

pretttaaayyyy prettttaaayyyy good.

though if we do get an official version, I'd love him to have a slip over, so I could have a civilian Flash mate

#403 boyd

boyd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,558 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:36 PM

Very nice, Bob. Like you said, the costume has been portrayed wildly inconsistently, and it doesn't help when Flash keeps losing control of the symboite and it keeps morphing into classic Venom, either. So really, any interpretation would work. :)

Boyd's Minimate Customs - The custom Minimate site that's collecting dust.

#404 groundhog7s

groundhog7s

nuttier than squirrel poop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,704 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:42 PM

Nice work, but now he needs a Lee Burns Minimate to go with him.

And I can't believe you let Lee talk you into thinking Flash Venom is a good read.

Posted Image

#405 Nessex

Nessex

Aaaaand Kang beat Toad. Crushed :(

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,651 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:10 PM

That is VERY nice looking.
I think i would have gone with the boots with the grip along the bottom (as suggested by MINI_MYTE) too! But aside from that, he's pretty darn perfect!

Can you PLEASE post it on DST's facebook? I'm dying to see Lee Burns go mad!

Current Top 10 Wish List: Spiral; GSXM Sunfire; GSXM Banshee; Pyro; 616 Blob; Stryfe; Toad; Forge; Destiny; & Deathbird . . . & GIDEON!!!
MMMV-CW-Gideon.jpg
Haves/Wants UPDATED July 19th, 2013 (REALLY want a Green & a White Funko Pop Phoenix)

#406 Bob Harris

Bob Harris

What do you think?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:58 PM

Thanks a lot guys!

Looks great, but one suggestion Bob, use the clunkier boots fro deadpool. After that, it'll be perfect. Don't hate me for my criticism. :(

Now I hate you for your criticism! Kidding, that's a pretty good idea I haven't thought about! I don't want to recolor Deadpool's boots for Venom, but I'M think I have another pair of those boots in my parts bin.

Nice work, but now he needs a Lee Burns Minimate to go with him.

And I can't believe you let Lee talk you into thinking Flash Venom is a good read.

Best suggestion for a minimate ever. ;) (I feel like Lee Burns is becoming a somewhat dull (duller?) version of Leroy Jenkins.

Can you PLEASE post it on DST's facebook? I'm dying to see Lee Burns go mad!

Done. ;)

#407 dj87

dj87

not bilbofett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 05:42 AM

X-Force Wolverine had those track boot things as well, if you army built the Hydra guys, your bound to have spares of him.

they're black as well

#408 Mattallica

Mattallica

Pastor of Muppets

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 06:54 PM

Hey Bob just checked out your Bamf page and noticed my Cyber there, glad you think " Mattallica did a pretty good job on this Cyber Minimate" but FYI those arms are not 2.5s they are standard 2" mate arms that i sculpted over with apoxie sculpt.

#409 Bob Harris

Bob Harris

What do you think?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 02:07 AM

Hey Bob just checked out your Bamf page and noticed my Cyber there, glad you think " Mattallica did a pretty good job on this Cyber Minimate" but FYI those arms are not 2.5s they are standard 2" mate arms that i sculpted over with apoxie sculpt.

Thanks for checking out bamf and letting me know I did a bad job there. :tongue: Kidding. I'm going to correct the info. Thanks for letting me know.

#410 Bob Harris

Bob Harris

What do you think?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 05:53 AM

Doing a custom of this guy was a very quick desission I made and I really like his simple but very iconic look. Here is

Isaiah Bradley - The Black Captain America

Back when I was living in New York I picked up a used TPB of "Truth - Red, White & Black" basicly because I liked the cover a lot and I liked the idea of the story. Together with a lot of other books and comics I did send it to my German address and it was very cool to get all that stuff to look through later on. Somehow, I totally forgot about Truth and it was this summer when I read it for the first time and I liked it a lot, both its story and the look! For those of you who aren't familiar with it: it takes place in 1942 and deals with a group of African American soldiers on which Dr. Reinstein's Super Soldier Serum is tested and it tells their story up to the present day - becoming more or less a part of Marvel continuity (see Young Avengers for instance or ask Miry).
Spoiler
I especially liked that ending of the story. Some great pictures there. Truth has a critical perspective on those days and a bittersweet tone. Don't get me wrong, this is Marvel, but still.

So I did this custom of Bradley as Black Cap the way he's pictured in Young Avengers falshbacks. It's a rather easy custom, but I really like that look. I especially like his shield on which he drew the "Double V for Victory" sign. To get that look, I drew that double V crest with a graphic tablet by hand and made a clear decal out of it. I then gave one of those WW2 Cap shields a wheathered metallic look and applied the decal. And I'm very satisfied with how it looks.

The recipe: Iron Fist's bandana with the hair cut off, painted blue, David Palmer's head, WW2 Cap's shoulder piece, gloves, belt and repainted shield with a decal, a repainted torso and some pants and boots from my parts bin. You can view more pics on my flickr page.

Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image
"That was the first of the worst days of my life" (Isaiah Bradley)

Edited by Bob Harris, 22 October 2011 - 05:54 AM.

#411 MINI_MYTE

MINI_MYTE

Cast your vote for Best Minimates of 2013

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 06:35 AM

Awesome IB custom Bob. Makes me wish DST would make the real thing. Your photo skills are also quite extraordinary. Well done sir.

The Minibar mixes it up with the new Star Trek Legacy minimates. Beam on over to Shots From The Minibar to check it out
See where all the comic craziness began at Tales From The Minibar.

#412 buttheadsmate

buttheadsmate

No longer a TRU.com customer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,617 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 06:43 AM

That is awesome for so many reasons & on so many levels .

Bravo Bob.

"..........I've got BHM beat when it comes to Hammers" -  youbastards

#413 murderofcrows

murderofcrows

Kid at heart

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,316 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 06:45 AM

nice!!!!!
Only the Black Knight remains.

#414 Bob Harris

Bob Harris

What do you think?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 06:51 AM

Thanks a lot guys!

That is awesome for so many reasons & on so many levels .

Bravo Bob.

Thanks. I think this guy is a great charatcer and Marvel did a pretty sensitive job creating him and that story arch. I think stuff like this doesn't happen very often in mainstream comics. And while I guess no toy company picked him up yet, I'm glad you find a lot of really nice customs of him.

#415 jboogie

jboogie

Mini-Fiend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 07:49 AM

Awesome custom Bob...nice work on the shield!

#416 boyd

boyd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,558 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 07:50 AM

Now that is a good custom! Isaiah has been on my "should-do" list for a while, but you actually made him, and made him much better than my original plans. Well done!

I"m also impressed that you drew the "Double V" sign. I could never find a clear picture of them to make a decal from.

Boyd's Minimate Customs - The custom Minimate site that's collecting dust.

#417 Psyguy

Psyguy

Mini-Fiend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:37 AM

Really love that shield!

#418 moo2172

moo2172

Mini-Addicted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:01 AM

The shield looks great! As does the entire custom!
Michael O'Shields

Geek Burning

#419 Nessex

Nessex

Aaaaand Kang beat Toad. Crushed :(

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,651 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 06:45 PM

wow - really nice work.

Current Top 10 Wish List: Spiral; GSXM Sunfire; GSXM Banshee; Pyro; 616 Blob; Stryfe; Toad; Forge; Destiny; & Deathbird . . . & GIDEON!!!
MMMV-CW-Gideon.jpg
Haves/Wants UPDATED July 19th, 2013 (REALLY want a Green & a White Funko Pop Phoenix)

#420 Squall

Squall

SeeD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:28 PM

interesting custom there bro. :D

banner_zps6d1444ce.jpg

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users