UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Femmes Fatales Minimates

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it will be a real shame if these die on the vine, but aside from hardcore Minimates collectors, I'm having trouble imagining a huge preorder audience.

im scared your right, not that i like the designs, but theres a HUGE array of new peices and sculpts that all look amazing and that i really want to add to my collection, is the girl with the wings coming in the first set? because those wings are wicked

2 four packs people. Medusa, Little Red, Alice, Pirate chick. Second (licensed) pack is the Indimates pack. Tarot, Dawn, Darkchyld, Lady Death. I actually forsee both of these making it. But like I said, I'm confused why we get a second Dawn (I loved her first hairpiece better) and not the most popular and recognizable character, a proper Witchblade.

Anyways, I'm buying both.

You know... Medusa looks a lot like that Titania custom I did a while back...

Yeah, I'll support Tarot in a Indie set, whereas I wouldn't support an entire tarot box set.

I was just talking to MoC about this yesterday. I find it funny that a lot of forum members were really put off by the original announcement of the Tarot boxed set last year, yet hardly anybody has voiced any disgust / adult themed concerns with her in a new boxed set (packaged along with other buxom, scantily clad femmes fatales). Just out of curiosity, have you Tarot "nay sayers" had a change of heart or are you guys just not acknowledeging the existance this set?

Edited by MINI_MYTE

I still say nay to it. I do think that just having Tarot in it is better than having a whole set based around her and her comic, but I'm still not a fan. I just hadn't voiced anything about it because, well, I just didn't feel like complaining. If anything, she looks more clothed than one of the other chicks in the Tarot set and I suppose that does help. But I'm really doubting I'll have a Tarot on my Minimate display shelf any time soon. And while we're at it, I'm not too fond of Medusa either.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel similarly to Groundhog. I'm embarrassed by these, as a Minimates fan, just as I'm embarrassed by Tarot and Lady Death as a comics fan... but whatever. Honestly, I'm more annoyed that DST is repeating their previous mistake by making another T&A Indiemates sets rather then proper Indiemates. These aren't going to sell, because NONE of these characters have enough of a fan base to drive orders. At least Witchblade, in the first set, had a large audience. Do they even publish Lady Death anymore?

I'll be really annoyed if Chuck uses this set as an excuse to not pursue 'mates for Hellboy, Grendel, Invincible, and the like, just as he's used the first set all these years.

I'm looking forward to these, I think they look kinda cool. Plus I'll be picking up a couple extra sets for custom fodder, there are some really unique parts in these sets!

For sure - i'd really like to get that Medusa hair piece for a Dark Phoenix (if the MVC3 one doesn't already have it)

I'm just glad we may be getting some minimates that aren't the norm. As far as them being sexual or embarassing, c'mon these are just 2 inch block figures. Marvel legends looked sluttier (sp?) than these. More non marvel minis the merrier..... I just recently found my indymates from a few years back and thought they were pretty cool for the quality of the marvel ones back then. I have even grown fond of the witchblade now. lol Plus, like stated before there are custom capabilities.

Are they available for preorder anywhere?

I'm just glad we may be getting some minimates that aren't the norm. As far as them being sexual or embarassing, c'mon these are just 2 inch block figures. Marvel legends looked sluttier (sp?) than these. More non marvel minis the merrier..... I just recently found my indymates from a few years back and thought they were pretty cool for the quality of the marvel ones back then. I have even grown fond of the witchblade now. lol Plus, like stated before there are custom capabilities.

Are they available for preorder anywhere?

Like we went around and around in the Tarot thread. it's the principle of the thing.

I agree, second Dawn and not Witchblade confuses the snot outta me.

I wouldn't want a second Witchblade, either. Unless it was Danielle or another bearer (like Medieval). Don't need another Sara.

They coulda put Vampirella in that spot. :unsure:

And, I hope these do well. Darkchylde's wings would make for a nice Purgatori. Then we could get Vampirella. And a redo Sara Pezzini (or new Danielle Baptiste).

C'mon, wave 3!! :lol:

[i collect original comic

art and never understood why guys get the nudie art. Very strange.

This coming from a guy who's handle is referencing some guy's business :blink:

Thoughts on how/whether these will actually get made?

DST has floated a lot of stuff over the past couple years, and a disappointing amount of it has gotten spiked because of low preorders. Based on the facts that:

1) none of these characters are a major license like Marvel, Halo, or Ghostbusters

2) there are still Indiemates sets floating around out there for close to retail price

3) at least the comic-based box set looks to be a standard solicit rather than a TRU exclusive

...I'm not holding my breath. I'm wondering if there's a plan to roll out the non-comic branded ones (pirate lass, Red Riding Hood, etc) as a TRU Max wave. They seem a bit racy for that audience, but I've seen some wild stuff in the "collectors" section I didn't think would fly at TRU.