UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thor movie minimates

minijeff

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Asgardian is a troop builder: there were two of them walking down a hallway together and a bunch standing in a line later in the trailer

Good eye - thanks for the answer. Guess I'd better start thinking of Asgardian names for each of the army builders...

These look not bad at all. I can pass on the army builders but I like Odin, Thor and Loki. as Moviemates go these are just below IM but miles ahead of Hulk and Spidey.

(I'm now going for a lie down. Had Gallbladder removed yesterday and I'm a bit tender)

Good eye - thanks for the answer. Guess I'd better start thinking of Asgardian names for each of the army builders...

http://www.babynames.org.uk/norwegian-baby-names.htm

:D

Knut is my firm favourite . In fact I'm going to call them all Knut .....a bunch of Knuts .

IM2 had six different characters ,2 of which were 1:12 ,Justin Hammer & the BD Drone .....the other four were 2:12 or 3:12 although there was some confusion about which drone was actually which drone if you get my drift.

I love Minimate dump sets & this will be no exception.

(I'm now going for a lie down. Had Gallbladder removed yesterday and I'm a bit tender)

Bloody Hell that sounds serious 'fiend yet you mention it like you've just had a tooth out :ermm:

To be honest its alot better then I thought it would be. It was keyhole surgery and they can do it in a day I was at the hospital at 9:30am and in surgery by 11am they could have sent me home last night but I asked to stay overnight to make sure everythings cool.

I'm just very tender as it is all my stomach there is a few staples so it hurts to move around, bend etc but if I stay still or in a chair its not that bad.

Saying this is an underwhelming wave just sounds nuts to me; the ratio of visually interesting characters and civilians is mercifully less awful and I can easily see myself getting this whole wave. I just pray to Asgard that Jane Foster gets packed with Thor though, I can't imagine her selling many sets.

Dangit, my mind's drawing a blank on her hairpiece. It doesn't look like Wasp's or Gamora's. Might be a new sculpt but I'm not 100% positive. (Heh heh, take off the hair and you've got an instant V For Vendetta Evie Hammond minimate. :P)

Also, is Agent Coulson wearing the Spirit's sculpted tie? I hope they don't scrimp on that accessory when this wave actually hits stores.

I'm quite happy with it considering :ohmy: I will however mention that Thor's don't really sell well. I liked the Thor/Lady Loki set but you can't give them away although that is probably because of 'her' rather than 'him' . The originals (wave 14) sell well now but when they were released.. during a very dark age for Minimates in general... they just sat. I like the look of this Wave & I especially like the Frostie & Loki but I just don't know about these Minimate movie waves ?

Isn't TRU mostly to blame for the Thor/Lady Loki sets not selling? I actually really liked that set too but I guess them oversaturating the Minimate aisles was what worked against their favor.

Also, is Agent Coulson wearing the Spirit's sculpted tie? I hope they don't scrimp on that accessory when this wave actually hits stores.

Yeah, they used it for IM2 Senate Hearing Tony as well, must be how they 'do' real people wearing ties I s'pose.

I like the look of the Asgardian, and I have to say I am looking forward to part-swapping the frost giants for a little more diversity.

I love Minimate dump sets & this will be no exception.

I don't think Vindaloo is an army builder in this set...

Agent Colson has an amazing likeness, and he's easily the best of the bunch.

There's nothing wrong with Jane Foster and whoever that is in the Army Builder line, besides being really generic, and the Frost Giants look kinda cool.

But something's really off about all the Asgardians, though I think the generic is the best of the bunch.

The sculpted pieces, especially the helmets, look way too thick, and it may just be the photos, but the colors on them seem really dull. If they're not as metallic as the Iron Man figures, which easily pick up natural highlights and shadows, then they need a wash or something to bring out the detail.

And while I'm on the sculpted pieces, I think they should have decided on sculpted chest armor, or no sculpted chest armor. Odin and the Generic look fine together, and Thor and Loki match as well, but mix them up and they look like they're from separate lines. Or maybe give them all sculpted pieces with printed beneath them, somehow making the capes work with both as well, so you could choose which you prefer.

And Destroyer needed unique sculpted pieces. Several.

/rant

Edited by Shamrock

Your gallbladder arrived 'minty fresh' this morning :thumbsup: I'm now happy to confirm your order for the wave 39 variant set . You won't regret it :D

If its a wave with wolverine in great. I could do with the healing factor :)