UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toy R US Wave 10 revealed

lastweaponmaster

Can anybody tell me if Apocalypse and his Horsemen ever appeared at length in the 90s X-Men cartoon? I'm pretty sure the Death version of Archangel must have showed up at some point, but who played the other three Horsemen then? At least I remembered how X-Men Evolution turned Magneto, Professor X, Storm and (I think?) Mystique into Horsemen shortly before the series finale.

They do, indeed. In several episodes. Generally, whenever 'Poccy has significant screen time, the 4 Horseman can be seen somewhere in the episode.

In the series, War, Famine & Pestilence are played by what i assume are characters made up for the TV series. If they are main characters in the X-Men comic universe, i've not come across them. Perhaps they are modeled after the horsmen from the original run of X-Factor?

War was a chap with a bowl-haircut who would produce a destructive energy beam when he clapped his hands together. Famine seemed to drain the health of anyone she came enar, causing them to wither & feel as if they were starving & Pestilence cxaused sores and plague-like symptoms in anyone she touched.

The TV series shows mutants gathering in a bar in Scotland who want to find Dr Adler who they believe will cure them of their mutation. Adler is in fact a persona assumed by Mystique in attempt to lure and trap mutants for Apocalypse to transform into Horsemen.

3 of the mutants in the bar go on to become Horseman, with Angel becoming Death. Angel & the others appear in several of the episodes as Horsemen:

The Cure

Come the Apocalypse

Obsession

Beyond Good and Evil

Fifth Horseman - Features a new roster of Horsemen. The first is Caliban, the others i don't recognise. One throws boomerangs charged with a green energy; another has a whip charged with the same green energy; the last is a large brutish looking character. For some reason, all 3 horsemen wear the same costume Rachel Summers wore as The Hound: a Red body-suit with silver studs running down the chest & arms.

I'm not sure if they ever appeared in the comics or if they were made up for the series. Fabian Cortez refers to these mutants as 'The Hounds' in the episode. . . so perhaps they are not actual Horsemen yet and are just a nod to Rachels role in the comics?

Anyway - back on topic . . . has abyone seen the AoA mates in store yet? I'm soooooo freaking excited for these!

Edited by Nessex

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jason!

Can I just point out that when you say 'my TRU' that you say that not as someone who just goes in one on occassion (and might have missed somethings), but as someone who is employed there? I've been in your store on several occassions and felt like there was never anything ever there, but thanks for confirming it. The store used to be pretty good about stuff, but I've given up on it since the end of last year. :(

Hey GH! Yeah... that stuff literally never came in. It's INFURIATING to have no control over that at a store level.

So you guys can't even just order stuff, even if you know you need it and have people looking for it? That is infuriating, and a poor way to run a business.

Hey Jason!

Can I just point out that when you say 'my TRU' that you say that not as someone who just goes in one on occassion (and might have missed somethings), but as someone who is employed there? I've been in your store on several occassions and felt like there was never anything ever there, but thanks for confirming it. The store used to be pretty good about stuff, but I've given up on it since the end of last year. :(

Hey GH! Yeah... that stuff literally never came in. It's INFURIATING to have no control over that at a store level.

So you guys can't even just order stuff, even if you know you need it and have people looking for it? That is infuriating, and a poor way to run a business.

Of course not. I used to work at KB Toys (in the worst performing store in the company, wooo!) and we were at the whim of whatever the truck brought us. It didn't matter if everyone who called was looking for the same thing, we had no say over what we got. It was just a little frustrating, sure, but it did make looking at the manifest every week kind of exciting. You never knew if you what was coming in week to week.

Also, special orders or opening boxes up in the back for chase figures (for a customer or for yourself) when there was no room on the shelf for them were strictly forbidden.

they'll hit soon enough. a big part of me hates that someone was able to buy these from toys r us dot com only to turn around resell them (as far as I'm aware they haven't hit physical stores), and the other part of me hates that someone is dumb enough to pay that much. Personally, I like going into the store and finding them. I love them being on the shelf waiting for me and the sensation of awesome by being the person to discover them on the shelf (and yes, I curse the unknown person that may have gotten to them first).

they'll hit soon enough. a big part of me hates that someone was able to buy these from toys r us dot com only to turn around resell them (as far as I'm aware they haven't hit physical stores), and the other part of me hates that someone is dumb enough to pay that much. Personally, I like going into the store and finding them. I love them being on the shelf waiting for me and the sensation of awesome by being the person to discover them on the shelf (and yes, I curse the unknown person that may have gotten to them first).

I don't think I could have phrased it better myself.

My nearest TRU is a half hour drive away, but I love making the trip whenever I'm able because it's so much more rewarding to find them in a brick-and-mortar...

Well, according to Chuck on Twitter, wave 9 has just left the warehouse. I'm hoping that he meant 10, but if he really meant 9 that'd explain a lot.

I wonder... My local TRU just restocked with full compliments of wave 9 actually. Picked up a second set of both the exclusives actually at first to make a Douglock seperate from Warlock...but decided against it just recently so I have second sets of Magik, Warlock, Shatterstar, and Cannonball loose here...

I also noticed interestingly enough, there were some changes from the first wave 9 sets I have and the ones I picked up. One version of Cannonball for example has black legs with white paint while the newer one I got has white legs with black paint on them. The new Warlock's details are much brighter yellow then the older one. Otherwise, I see no changes with Magik and Shatterstar.

*Ahem* Er..back on wave 10... I recall on ebay someone had the 2-pack with Holo--Nemesis for sale for the low, low price of $30.

Well, according to Chuck on Twitter, wave 9 has just left the warehouse. I'm hoping that he meant 10, but if he really meant 9 that'd explain a lot.

I wonder... My local TRU just restocked with full compliments of wave 9 actually. Picked up a second set of both the exclusives actually at first to make a Douglock seperate from Warlock...but decided against it just recently so I have second sets of Magik, Warlock, Shatterstar, and Cannonball loose here...

I also noticed interestingly enough, there were some changes from the first wave 9 sets I have and the ones I picked up. One version of Cannonball for example has black legs with white paint while the newer one I got has white legs with black paint on them. The new Warlock's details are much brighter yellow then the older one. Otherwise, I see no changes with Magik and Shatterstar.

*Ahem* Er..back on wave 10... I recall on ebay someone had the 2-pack with Holo--Nemesis for sale for the low, low price of $30.

Crappity crap crap crap!

One version of Cannonball for example has black legs with white paint while the newer one I got has white legs with black paint on them.

So is the one on Ivan's database the "black legs with white paint"?

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=1126&n=X-Force+Cannonball

Or are there 3 different versions of Cannonball. Sorry, I'm still trying to understand the difference.

So...has anyone seen these recently? They usually hit Philly first, and I've been checking 2 daily with no results.

What parts? I check the TRUs in Montgomery County

I hope he just mis-tweeted and meant wave 10 instead of 9, someone on eBay has the Nemesis/Holocaust and Morph set I'd get it if it wasn't extremely overpriced.

One version of Cannonball for example has black legs with white paint while the newer one I got has white legs with black paint on them.

So is the one on Ivan's database the "black legs with white paint"?

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=1126&n=X-Force+Cannonball

Or are there 3 different versions of Cannonball. Sorry, I'm still trying to understand the difference.

My bad. I meant to say Shatterstar and not Cannonball. Shatterstar has two leg variants. One using black legs with white paint, the other white legs with black paint. Cannonball has the same legs on both minimates.

My bad. I meant to say Shatterstar and not Cannonball. Shatterstar has two leg variants. One using black legs with white paint, the other white legs with black paint. Cannonball has the same legs on both minimates.

Ah, that makes more sense. Thanks for the update!

My completist addiction is still on the fence about this...