UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toy R US Wave 10 revealed

lastweaponmaster

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"When the 10th series of Marvel Minimates for TRU hits stores it will feature this Nemesis figure with clear torso."

Anyone else think that statement means only the torso will be clear plastic and not the whole figure?

Edited by MsMarvel fan

"When the 10th series of Marvel Minimates for TRU hits stores it will feature this Nemesis figure with clear torso."

Anyone else think that statement means only the torso will be clear plastic and not the whole figure?

Yeah, that's kind of what i thought they meant too. . . hopfuly it'll all be clear, but it sounds like the basic mate underneath will be a solcid colour.

Aesthetic choice or cost cutting measure?

I'm surprised that no one brought up wanting AOA Colossus. C'mon that was one of the best redsigns from the story line. That is my number 1 request for a mini. More AOA Minimates!

Wow look who finally decided to post! The Junk is right. more AOA minimates!!!

I'm surprised that no one brought up wanting AOA Colossus. C'mon that was one of the best redsigns from the story line. That is my number 1 request for a mini. More AOA Minimates!

I would LOVE an angry, bug-eyed Colossus and b!tch Shadowcat with claws 2-pack, but i didn't think it was something we were likely to see as they were in Generation Next, rather than either of the core X-titles for the AoA. Still, they would be MOST welcome in my collection is they were made.

EDIT: Typo

Edited by Nessex

• 2 weeks later...
It looks like 3 TRU 2 packs and 1 two packs figures from the LCS

Am I the only one who would rather them replace the direct LCS pack with a different mix from the LCS wave? I would have preferred seeing Iron Fist with DD or the Hand Ninja. Or Spidey with the Hand Ninja or even Elektra for that matter. At least mixing them up would give buyers an incentive to support their LCSs.

Of course the best option would have been to see Iron Fist with an updated Luke Cage. :thumbsup:

AoA Colossus with 90s Colossus variant please. ^_^

i can walk into TRU and ask if they have an item in stock using that number. Like today I walked in and did not see Warlock so I used the number for wave 9 and they brought out the case they had in stock for me to get what I wanted.

Here's the Marvel Wave 10 Minimate TRU SKU number: 646982
What exactly do people do with that sku number?

SKU is a TRU item number so we ask a TRU worker either in-person or on the phone to check their computer system if they have it in stock (either on the floor or on the back). It's easier than asking "do you have minimates?" and then getting a blank stare. Having the item number gets to the point quicker and them coming back with "ah, minimates, yeah we have some". You can do it with the UPC number but it's longer. Also, they can't check to see if a specific figure is available since it is part of an assortment regardless if you have the UPC or SKU. If they are nice, they may try to look for you but don't always count on them finding it and don't always believe the numbers in the computer.

SKU is a TRU item number so we ask a TRU worker either in-person or on the phone to check their computer system if they have it in stock (either on the floor or on the back). It's easier than asking "do you have minimates?" and then getting a blank stare. Having the item number gets to the point quicker and them coming back with "ah, minimates, yeah we have some". You can do it with the UPC number but it's longer. Also, they can't check to see if a specific figure is available since it is part of an assortment regardless if you have the UPC or SKU. If they are nice, they may try to look for you but don't always count on them finding it and don't always believe the numbers in the computer.

Or, if you're smart, get to know someone at your local TRU. There'll usually be at least one person at any given store who will know EXACTLY what you're talking about.

Mind you, they might also be the one snapping it up before you get there, but this is the trade off for good info.

If you're around the Indianapolis area, I recommend the Castleton store. Ask for Jason. If it's articulated, he probably knows more than he should about it, even if he doesn't collect it himself. All he ever asks in return is that you fill out the little survey online and tell them he did a good job.

I completely skipped the AOA boxed sets and now that this wave is on its way I'm gonna have to retract and get those boxed sets. I love Blink and AOA Sabretooth!

Both sets are on sale over at Lukes right now:

http://lukestoystore.com/ageofapmibox.html & http://lukestoystore.com/ageofapmibox1.html

I'm debating picking up some extras so i can do some customs of more AoA characters.