UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What are you watching?

minimadman

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We recently watched the first season of the Bridge, which I liked very much, though I can see the frequent criticism that the show meandered a bit. I hear the second season is really good, so I look forward to watching it when it makes it to one of my streaming services.

Tonight I'll be taking home Orphan Black season 2, which I can't wait to watch. Other then that, I think we might go back and rewatch Parks and Rec from the beginning in anticipation of the last season (sniff!). We really haven't picked up any new shows this year; we sampled Gotham and the Flash, and both were okay but we fell behind and they weren't really compelling enough to make me want to catch up. We have been watching Marry Me, since we were big Happy Endings fans... but it's pretty dreadful. It's basically on a week to week probation with me.

We have been watching Marry Me, since we were big Happy Endings fans... but it's pretty dreadful. It's basically on a week to week probation with me.

Oh man. It starts here next week and I had high hopes for that, like you because of Happy Endings which was taken long before it's time.

We have been watching Marry Me, since we were big Happy Endings fans... but it's pretty dreadful. It's basically on a week to week probation with me.

Oh man. It starts here next week and I had high hopes for that, like you because of Happy Endings which was taken long before it's time.

It's hugely disappointing. It's clearly trying to be Happy Endings, but without that cast it's flopping around like a dead fish. Everybody talks about Gil, the fat bearded guy, and he's pretty bad, but at least he's memorable. I've seen every episode of this show and I still can't remember the names of the two female supporting characters.

We recently watched the first season of the Bridge, which I liked very much, though I can see the frequent criticism that the show meandered a bit. I hear the second season is really good, so I look forward to watching it when it makes it to one of my streaming services.

Tonight I'll be taking home Orphan Black season 2, which I can't wait to watch. Other then that, I think we might go back and rewatch Parks and Rec from the beginning in anticipation of the last season (sniff!). We really haven't picked up any new shows this year; we sampled Gotham and the Flash, and both were okay but we fell behind and they weren't really compelling enough to make me want to catch up. We have been watching Marry Me, since we were big Happy Endings fans... but it's pretty dreadful. It's basically on a week to week probation with me.

The Bridge . US version ? I tried watching it but it seemed lacklustre compared to the Danish/Swedish version which was superb . My love of many US shows is well-known but some of the stuff coming out from Scandinavia is so so different from much of the run of the mill UK/US stuff . I'm not attempting to be hoity-toity about 'my love' for European shows ...it's just the truth .

I feel the same about Gotham,Flash & Arrow ....good but not gripping .

I watched 'Fargo' over the space of a few days over Christmas ....awesome & yet again so bloody different .

Just bought the Breaking Bad 'complete' ...can't wait to find some time 'cause I'm going to love it .....right??

Edited by buttheadsmate

The Bridge . US version ? I tried watching it but it seemed lacklustre compared to the Danish/Swedish version which was superb . My love of many US shows is well-known but some of the stuff coming out from Scandinavia is so so different from much of the run of the mill UK/US stuff . I'm not attempting to be hoity-toity about 'my love' for European shows ...it's just the truth .

I feel the same about Gotham,Flash & Arrow ....good but not gripping .

I watched 'Fargo' over the space of a few days over Christmas ....awesome & yet again so bloody different .

Just bought the Breaking Bad 'complete' ...can't wait to find some time 'cause I'm going to love it .....right??

Yep, the US version. We are starting to get a lot more continental European shows over here; we've had British shows for ages, but it's only recently that anyone realized even more countries make good shows-- well, except for the TV executives that have been ripping them off all this time. I've wanted to check some out but have been slow to do so. The Bridge might be a good place to start.

Bob's Burgers has been renewed for Season Six!

Minimates, please!

I'd be totally down with those. I'd really like a Sterling Archer/Bob Belcher 2-pack though.

Try 'Wallander' ....... the UK version is OK but there was a long running Swedish TV series starring a guy called Krister Henriksson . These sub-titled shows commit you to actually 'watching' the story rather than just staring at the TV yes.gif

Another goody is the Italian 'Inspector Montelbano'.

Best thing on UK TV.....Sherlock.

• 1 month later...

Seems like Netflix had several seasons of that show. I watched the first episode and wasn't blown away, but might try it again one of these days.

I just bought and watched Game of Thrones season 4 within the span of about 4 days. So great. "The Mountain and the Viper" floored me, and the last episode was really bittersweet. Too bad I'll have to wait another year before getting to season 5, that everyone will be talking about soon.

Edited by karamazov80

Netflix has the whole of the show, save for the current season, which is available on Hulu.

The first season (which was 6 episodes) wasn't particularly good. I always tell people to either skip right to S2E1 or just bear with it. But that first episode of the second season is a quantum leap forward. The writers really figured out what they wanted the show, and Leslie Knope, to be during their break. The second season is often overlooked, IMHO, because Adam Scott and Rob Lowe hadn't joined the show yet, but it's very funny.

My wife and I have been rewatching the show from the beginning for the last few weeks, and it has been a ton of fun. Knowing where these characters are going, and how their relationships will evolve, adds a real level of joy for me. Anyway, it's just a great show.

Seems like Netflix had several seasons of that show. I watched the first episode and wasn't blown away, but might try it again one of these days.

Season 1 isn't indicative of the rest of the series. Leslie Knope started as pretty much just a female Michael Scott. The guy who played her love interest in Season 1 & 2 was really boring too.

Season 3 really changed the dynamic, the show really finds its identity when Rob Lowe and Adam Scott join And it's all gold from there to the end.

Too bad I'll have to wait another year before getting to season 5, that everyone will be talking about soon.

I might be able to help you with that... ;)

Just finished up Parks and Rec, Agent Carter, and Sleepy Hollow

1) hellpop gets it. The finale was a beautiful sendoff; maybe one of the BEST finales ever. Taking the time to wrap every character's journey, individually, was exactly what the show deserved.

2) Agent Carter's ONLY real selling points were the recurring "Oh, snap! That's...." fill in the blank moments. Fun, but if there's another season, they REALLY need a better plot.

3) Sleepy Hollow is one of my favorite shows. Season 1 started with a solid premise, seemed like it was devolving into freak of the week territory, then turned that trope on its ear by revealing that pretty much everything was relevant to the bigger picture. They finished strong with one HELL of a cliffhanger season finale. Season 2's penultimate episode could have been a finale in it's own right, setting up a major twist for the following season, but the actual finale brought us a different but still fresh status quo to take into next season.

And Nicole Beharie is a fox!

Edited by Mnemosis

Woooooo, that's a loaded question....

Let's see.

I also just finished Parks. I also agree it is one of the best series finales ever (and one of the greatest shows, seasons 3-7).

Um, I still need to finish Carter, but I'm only one episode behind (I don't have live TV, and have to watch shows online).

Supernatural.

Castle.

Face Off (this season is my first time watching it, because one of my friends is a contestant - Stephanie, if anyone else watches it).

Helix, but I am not liking this season so far.

Finished Constantine. It better come back.

Archer.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

King of the Nerds (one of these years I'm gonna try to send in an audition tape).

Modern Family.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

Walking Dead.

American Horror Story.

Game of Thrones.

I want to start Better Call Saul.

I really wanna watch True Detective.

I need to start the last season of 24.

I just started Friends on Netflix. I'd seen a lot of the later episodes, and random ones here & there, but I've never seen the entire show.

I just finished Last Airbender a month or so ago & Legend of Korra a few weeks ago. PHENOMENAL shows.

Just finished Sherlock with my mom a month or so ago. Also a PHENOMENAL show.

Super far behind on Fairy Tail (anime) and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (current Nickelodeon series).

Almost done with 90's animated X-Men on DVD (oh, the nostalgia is strong with this show).

Started Attack on Titan, but subtitled is tough for me to get through, and I just haven't made the effort to restart it now that dubbed is out.

I watch South Park when it's new.

Oh, crap, I think Tosh.0 came back. I need to get back into that. Thankfully the previous season ended before I lost live TV.

I used to watch The Soup when I had live TV.

I can't wait for Daredevil.

I have a TON of shows on my Netflix queue. Need to pick back up with Hemlock Grove. Wanna give The Killing & Orange is the New Black a try. Was gonna give Doctor Who a go, since I only own/have seen Eccleston's (and about 6 or 7 random Tennant episodes), but I heard Netflix was gonna get rid of it. I should've watched Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood when Netflix had it, because now that's gone. *sigh*

This is why when someone tells me to give a new show (or even just new to me) a try, they get a cold stare of contempt, lol. I probably even forgot some.

Think there are any jobs where I can just get paid to watch TV (and movies - huge cinephile here) for 40 hours a week?

EDIT:

Goddamnit. Hannibal. See?

Edited by TENIME_art

• 2 weeks later...

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt was released Friday on Netflix. It was created/written/produced by Tina Fey so if you liked 30 Rock, you should check this out as it really feels like a spiritual successor!

Basic premise is that a cult leader was holding 4 women in a bunker in Indiana (must be near Whitestown???) for 15 years, and they are rescued. Kimmy Schmidt (Ellie Kemper from The Office) moves to New York city to figure out what she wants to do in life.

The intro of the show: smile.png

http://youtu.be/WYNbp0u8WjA

Also, The Last Man on Earth has been a nice surprise. I went into it with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised.

Don't forget that Community Season 6 premieres next week on Yahoo! Screen, you can watch for free, no subscriptions needed.

http://youtu.be/WtbBqJez33k

Edited by youbastards