UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Battle Beasts Minimates

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

Just thought I'd throw this out there: one of the TRUs I frequent never got a case of these when all of the other stores and the website did. I was there last week, and, lo and behold, there was a fresh case of them out, and in an area I can't imagine anyone would find them other than by random chance. I stashed one of the Moose/Bat sets; if anyone is still looking for that (or any of the other TRU sets), PM me and I'd be happy to go back and pick it up.

---

The Moose and Bat have been claimed. Dang, you guys are fast! sweat.gif

Edited by Lobsterman

I just got the LCS Merk&Spider and my spider's extra set of arms that come unattached are both the exact same arm so it looks weird with one pointing up and the other pointing down.

Has this been posted and I missed it?

I know this seems out of the blue, but I just wanted to say somewhere just how much I can't wait until series 2 comes out (I know it's a long wait though). These easily became my favorite Minimate line and I'm just glad they're continuing. They always reminded me of Minimate versions of Seventh Kingdom toys. Just wanted to get that out there (and my wife doesn't really care when I tell her stuff like this).

I know this seems out of the blue, but I just wanted to say somewhere just how much I can't wait until series 2 comes out (I know it's a long wait though). These easily became my favorite Minimate line and I'm just glad they're continuing. They always reminded me of Minimate versions of Seventh Kingdom toys. Just wanted to get that out there (and my wife doesn't really care when I tell her stuff like this).

How bizarre ? Your wife sounds so strange .....I mean it's not like you build vast armies of yellow bee-keepers ,worship furry-tailed B-listers & waffle on about squirrel poop on a daily basis is it ??

..................yecch trade that wifey in & get yourself someone normal who's going to listen to you huh.png

I cherish my Beasts.....hurrah for more .

-nuttheadsmate

They always reminded me of Minimate versions of Seventh Kingdom toys.

That's a perfect way to summarize them. I love the Seventh Kingdom, but have no room for figures that size, so MM Battlebeasts are a dream realized.

Edited by Cappy

I was so excited to hear that they are fully moving forward with Series 2 of Battle Beasts, including a new comic book. While we got to see some control art with new designs at the C2E2 panel, it still didn't feel like a definite confirmation of series 2. Glad to hear more concrete news.

Over the past couple days, I have been taking around the beasts and posing them for some photos. Didn't have much time to post them until now. Really just messing around and having a bit of fun with them. Really wanted to set up a bunch of the snakes and spiders before I start taking some of them apart and converting them into custom characters. Here are a few of them, and then I'll have more to post in a little while.

Snake ambush in the grass:

SnakeAmbushinGrass_zpsea956ef4.jpg

SnakeAmbushinGrass2_zps4ea263b8.jpg

Duel up in the trees:

MerkandBatDuel_zpscea5e033.jpg

Like a fly caught in a spider's web:

SpiderAmbushOverhead_zps8bb614b5.jpg

SpiderAmbushLowGlow_zps104f866e.jpg

Some pics of Merk flying around:

MerkFlying_zps729b2d5c.jpg

MerkFlyingSunset_zps205d70a5.jpg

Where my spiders like to have their weekly meetings:

SpidersinFlowers_zpsf3d19013.jpg

MerkinSunset_zps2ec143c6.jpg

Cheetah, hammerhead shark, giraffe, cow (with pitchfork)

Professor and Anubis

There are also plans for a few repaints. I think Zach mentioned a Cobra. He also mentioned a (possible LCS or other exclusive) 2-pack of repaints that I think is extremely clever; however, I don't think I am at liberty to share. It may not be a sure thing. Zach, any help? Edited by Onyx_6