UA-100768763-1 Jump to content
bruticus

New Licenses, What would YOU like to see Minimated ?

The Lego minifigures for The Incredibles are pretty sad. The characters have such different body styles that the Lego body just doesn't lend itself well to that kind of variety.

Minimates would be better.

Incredibles is definitely my #1 most wanted Minimate line. I made a Mr. Incredible custom at one point, but haven't made the rest of the family. I should. Not to mention converting a Blizzard figure to Frozone is pretty easy....

Yeah minimates would be better. Their uniforms would really pop on a minimate body. I can see Mr. Incredible with the bulked up chest, arms and regular legs. Elastigirl could reuse some of Mr. Fantastic's parts.

Each two pack could come with a different Jack-Jack microfigure. 

I mentioned Incredibles in the "Minimate Compatibility" thread.  The 1:24 diecast Incredibile from Incredibles 2 can squeeze a couple standard Minimates in it. Tight squeeze. They look really good standing next to it though. May still be able to find it at TRU.

DST wouldn't even necessarily need to get the license... couldn't the Disney Store say, hey make us Minimates for Incredibles like they did previously for Peter Pan?

19 hours ago, JeffBohn said:

DST wouldn't even necessarily need to get the license... couldn't the Disney Store say, hey make us Minimates for Incredibles like they did previously for Peter Pan?

That could happen, yes.

After seeing some behind-the-scenes images of the upcoming Doom Patrol series, I'm wishing DST could find a way to offer Minimates based on the other DCU shows as well like Titans, Stargirl, and Swamp Thing.

Maybe if they were sold exclusively through the DCU shop.

Hasbro and Lego revealed some their Overwatch figures and man, I wanted Minimates to have a piece of that pie. So many possibilities.

On 2/24/2017 at 12:31 PM, MisterPL said:

Alien

Austin Powers

Beetlejuice

Big Trouble in Little China

Blade Runner

Breaking Bad

DC Comics

• Arkham Asylum
  • Arrow
  • Batman v Superman
  • Constantine
  • The Flash
  • Gotham
  • iZombie
  • Legends of Tomorrow
  • Man of Steel
  • Supergirl
  • Watchmen

Firefly

Flash Gordon (comic strip)

Game of Thrones

The Goon

Hannibal

Hellboy

Heroes

Indiana Jones

Judge Dredd/Dredd

Men in Black

Micronauts

Mystery Men

Planet of the Apes

Pirates of the Caribbean

Prometheus

The Six Million Dollar Man

Star Trek

Star Wars

The Thing

The Tick

Underworld

Voltron: Legendary Defender

The X-Files

After seeing how DST is treating — rather ignoring Pacific Rim Minimates, I’m taking Voltron off my list as a vote of no confidence. I’ve really been enjoying the cartoon but not because of the giant robots that combine into an even bigger robot practically every episode. No, I’m enjoying the characters, and a Voltron line without paladins isn’t one I’d be interested in collecting. 

Asterix & Doctor Who would be huge .  

A Clockwork Orange box-set ?  The movie is so ever so dated now but there are still plenty of us fans out there hoovering up any action figure that is being released .....& there are several .

Edited by buttheadsmate

Have we discussed Hanna-Barbera before? Let's face it, there's something for everyone here. I can see a blind bag assortment of Scooby-Doo gang members and famous foes (including a variant or two of Scooby himself), a few box sets featuring Bedrock's Best and our Futurist Family, heck even an All-Stars wave including Yogi and BooBoo, Huckleberry Hound and Mr. Jinks, the list goes on and on. Space Ghost, Cap'n Caveman and the Teen Angels, Hong Kong Phooey, Top Cat, Droopy Dog, Magilla Gorilla, Snagglepuss! What a fantastic opportunity this could be. 

DST would have already had experience doing some of the more outlandish character designs with lines such as Muppets allowing for them to go all out and make sure these characters reach their full potential. 

However, nothing would beat the absolute creme de la creme of this license: Jonny Quest. Think of how many amazing characters and designs we could get out of this! All the crazy and fantastical characters the Quest Team went up against and who knows maybe even some deluxe sets featuring one of the many hover-car variants or Turu the Terrible! Jonny Quest has never had much merchandise at all and for such an action oriented cartoon, it deserves one. What better treatment to give it than the Minimate one?

I think this could be an absolute gem of a license and one that would stand out to collectors. 

On 1/20/2019 at 12:14 PM, NerdyTrev said:

Have we discussed Hanna-Barbera before? Let's face it, there's something for everyone here. I can see a blind bag assortment--

And that's where you lost me.

58 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

And that's where you lost me.

Aw gee I really hope not. Shucks its only for one series... I'm sure an army dump would work just as well. 

Now you have me back. 😎

I'm most interested in Jonny Quest but I'd take some Herculoids and Space Ghost, too!

Glad to hear it, PL. Truth be told, I wouldn't be much into blind bags either. However, with the specific Scooby-Doo license being more child-oriented (I know more than a few of us enjoy it, myself included, but let's be real here) blind bags would most certainly be the way to go with it.

I can see floods of those toy unboxing videos for kids taking a stab at these minimal bags piling up on my YouTube suggested screen right now...