New TRU Marvel Wave Due Out Soon?

fwoosheyman

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I just nuts? :wacko:

Probably. ;)

And you may also be correct, as your the second or third person to remember such a statement being made.

I was just at my local TRU yesterday and they were in the middle of re-arranging some of the isles and they had LOTS of empty pegs ready to be filled with mates. In the Marvel toy isle there were 5 pegs: 3 for Marvel Mates, 1 for the SW Box Set and 1 for Marvel Movie Mates. In the Movie toy isle, there were 12 pegs total: 4 for Marvel Mates, 2 for Terminator, 2 for BSG wave 1 and two more for wave 2, and 1 peg each for GB waves 1 & 2. Unless I missed some space elsewhere in the store this is a total of 17 pegs for mates, not including the BSG mini flyers... WOW.

BS

I can only speak from my memory of the SDCC panels, but I'm pretty sure Chuck did not say there wouldn't be any more 1-per-casers. Not to stir up anything (again), but I recall him saying that he would try not create such ratios but it still could happen depending on all the forces at play (TRU market, character popularity, etc.). And that he would be prepared for the collector backlash. :)

And that he would be prepared for the collector backlash.

Translation: he's wearing a cup to the next con.

Is it just me who remembers someone giving a run-down of a convention meeting where it was said that there would be no more 1-per-case packs?

Maybe we're Cylons :O

If there is going to be a one per case pack, then at least another set will at least have two per case. In wave 3 the only packs that had the TRU exclusive stickers were Captain America/AIM Agent(two per case) and Bullseye/Moonstone(one per case), and in wave 4 it's Molecule Man/Spider-Woman and X-Factor Angel/Warpath. If it's true that there's going to be a one per case pack, anyone want to take any bets as to which pack it will be? =/

How come the exclusive packs are not sold on TRU.com? I tried digging through this thread a little for that answer but its pretty long.

Because TRU is lame. I had a representative from the TRU hotline call local TRU stores and they all thought SHE was crazy, so at least someone up there knows how it's like to be us. It's been a couple months and wave 3 still isn't online. It's as if it never existed and no one is willing to acknowledge that the stores carry it. The representative I talked to has more powers than the average customer service rep on the hotline, and she knows that wave 3 is out there thanks to minimatedatabase.com

Edited by Dio

How come the exclusive packs are not sold on TRU.com? I tried digging through this thread a little for that answer but its pretty long.

Because TRU hates us all. If this is going to be another 1 per case thing I will be pissed I don't really care about the Angel but I want the Warpath.

I think the real answer is that they won't order more of the same type of product if the still have alot of it still to sell. The last few times the didn't carry a wave there lots of the previous wave on their site. I think the next Marvel wave might show up there since their stock seems to be lowering, but the Wolverine Origins probably won't since they're not selling too well. It's all speculation on my part, but I'd like to think there's some pattern to their craziness.

If there is gonna be a one per case set, either one of those Toys R Us exclusives would be a pretty hard hit to those of us who are completists or just plain fans of those particular mates. As of right now, I've been pretty fortunate to be able to buy minimates here in the Laredo area. The Toys R Us seems to receive them, albeit a little later than one would like, and to this date all of the minis that were supposed to come, came whether it be one case or many of that particular series. Everyone keep their fingers crossed on this one. :blush:

A quick scan of ebay completed listings will confirm that Moonstone sets are continually dropping in price http://completed.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw...g=50&_rdc=1 ....... an average price of about $15.

Moonstone sets are without doubt the most prolific Minimate variant set on ebay , I'll go as far as saying that I've never seen a Minimate variant set as widely available on ebay ever before . Either the scalpers got them all or there were loads produced ...... I tend to feel that there is 'middle ground' where my 2 theories blend.

I'm not sure whether history will repeat itself in the next TRU Marvel Wave but I just thought I'd mention those points.

Is it just me who remembers someone giving a run-down of a convention meeting where it was said that there would be no more 1-per-case packs?

From Storm 1:08's discussion summary at SDCC:

"For the most part, TRU packs from now on will at least be 2 per case. (I think they may have noticed the quiet reaction to the 1 per case of Bullseye/Moonstone.)"

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...6643&st=280

So, you're not nuts...as far as this recollection goes.

A quick scan of ebay completed listings will confirm that Moonstone sets are continually dropping in price http://completed.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw...g=50&_rdc=1 ....... an average price of about $15.

Moonstone sets are without doubt the most prolific Minimate variant set on ebay , I'll go as far as saying that I've never seen a Minimate variant set as widely available on ebay ever before . Either the scalpers got them all or there were loads produced ...... I tend to feel that there is 'middle ground' where my 2 theories blend.

I'm not sure whether history will repeat itself in the next TRU Marvel Wave but I just thought I'd mention those points.

i've been watching closely, and had sort of noticed this. managed to get the 2-pack with a Thunderbolts box set the other day for the price some BE/MSs

were going for. i am v.proud, though

Don't know if I've said this, but I'll be super disappointed when finding Molecule Man/Spider-Woman is just as hard as finding the Bullseye/Moonstone that's still missing in my collection. Not just because it's a new mate set, but because I love the Molecule Man. He's, like, the 5th cousin of Kang or something.

From Storm 1:08's discussion summary at SDCC:

"For the most part, TRU packs from now on will at least be 2 per case. (I think they may have noticed the quiet reaction to the 1 per case of Bullseye/Moonstone.)"

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...6643&st=280

So, you're not nuts...as far as this recollection goes.

Thank you! And welcome to the boards!

Don't know if I've said this, but I'll be super disappointed when finding Molecule Man/Spider-Woman is just as hard as finding the Bullseye/Moonstone that's still missing in my collection. Not just because it's a new mate set, but because I love the Molecule Man. He's, like, the 5th cousin of Kang or something.

AGIAN WITH KANG! WILL IT EVER STOP!!

AGIAN WITH KANG! WILL IT EVER STOP!!

Sure... when they make one. ;)

Quite frankly, i could care less about Kang...he isn't high on my Villains list and i've never read anything with him in it. I'd buy him anyway since i'm a completionist now, but if i wasn't he'd be one i'd skip.

I'll just wait for my other TRU exclusives, which i'd love to have as "Team Finisher" packs. Preferablly, NOT as 1-per-casers:

Songbird/Swordsman

Ult. Hawkeye/Ult. Carol Danvers

Ult. Giant Man/Ult. Wasp

Hoverchair Prof. X/Jubilee

Back on the OLD topic: I'm very excited for the Secret Wars compliment set. I voted Molecule Man in the DST poll and Julia in the TRU poll (MY Spider-woman...or Arachne for that matter), so this is one set i'm making sure to find. And i won't buy X-factor if i don't have Angel, so there you go....well, i probably would for the Jean, but whatever. Not the point i'm trying to make. The Wolvie sets aren't musts, but Baraka looks cool for a figure (yes, Baraka. YOU ARE NOT DEADPOOL!!!). Bascially, NONE of the TRU Exclusive packs can be 1-per-case. It's bad for business, bad for collectors, and only benefits scalpers. No one needs the Ultimate pack that much; if you need to do a 1-per, DST, make that one it.

Of course, TWO exclusive packs in one wave is bad enough as it is.

i've been watching closely, and had sort of noticed this. managed to get the 2-pack with a Thunderbolts box set the other day for the price some BE/MSs

Bah! So it was YOU who outbid me!

'My Name is Nathaniel Essex, you took my Moonstone. Prepare to Die!'

(Well done mate - that was a nice set & a very decent price)

Bah! So it was YOU who outbid me!

'My Name is Nathaniel Essex, you took my Moonstone. Prepare to Die!'

(Well done mate - that was a nice set & a very decent price)

haha, oh... sorry Ness. I was determined. I'll look after them, treat 'em real good i will, promise