UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

I'm excited but really wanted a 4-pack of the Ghostbusters themselves. I would hate for them to do just the one boxset due to "poor sales" because it didn't have all the Ghostbusters in.

It's a circular, bitter argument, I know.

i'd better get a couple box set to be on the safe side.......

Edited by winkerbean

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm excited but really wanted a 4-pack of the Ghostbusters themselves. I would hate for them to do just the one boxset due to "poor sales" because it didn't have all the Ghostbusters in.

I hear ya. I have a feeling, though, that this license can support two boxsets, much like BTTF. Three might be pushing it, but I think we'll get all four 'Busters.

Very worst case scenario, Ray and Winston are fairly easy quick customs.

Man, I'm still all tingly from this announcement. This actually gives me hope for a Princess Bride set... :)

That is why I don't think these will be box sets. I can't imagine getting just 2 of the Ghostbusters to start with, and holding off on the others until sales figures came out. Since they announced 4 figures, only 2 of which are GBs themselves, I think we will be getting at least 6 characters in the first "run" of Minimates.

On the other hand, DST may well be anticipating that this will be their biggest Minimate seller to date (which, if they are half-way decent, I would put money on). As such, if subsequent box sets are essentially "locks," then it would make a lot of business sense to release $15-20 sets with only a couple essential characters in each, to drain our pocketbooks. I know I will be buying at least 2 of whatever they give us, possibly more.

Sad to say I'm really underwhelmed by this announcement but also surprised at the positive response it's getting. I never knew there was so much love for Ghostbusters.

For many kids of the 80s like myself, this, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Star Wars, and BTTF are amongst the most essential movies of our upbringing, and for me personally, this is the biggest of them all. Ghostbusters has a huge cult following because, in part, it works on one level for you when you are a kid, and on an entirely different level when you are an adult--like the Muppets :D

The other thing about the Ghostbusters license which has people excited is that it is a very "toyetic" license/concept with lots of play opportunities. Much more so than some of the other movies/TV Minimates, I think.

I can see this being 2 boxsets planned for, like Lobsterman said. Get a second box announced with Ray, Winston, Janine and Slimer in and you are covered for main cast.

I can see this being 2 boxsets planned for, like Lobsterman said. Get a second box announced with Ray, Winston, Janine and Slimer in and you are covered for main cast.

Yeah, but we would still be missing library ghost, evil EPA man, mini-Mr. Stay Puft,

, Gozer in woman form, other, lesser ghosts, Ghostbusters in "professor" suits, non-possessed Dana. Maybe they will only initially plan for two sets, but I hope that we will eventually get all kinds of wacky characters and variants like we did with the BTTF 'Mates. This is one license where that could be a really good thing. Hopefully though, they will stay away from GB part 2 :sick: . Edited by karamazov80

I wonder if the license allows them to do characters from the upcoming video game (or has it already been released?)? I wouldn't mind seeing some figures of the ghosts from the game, and even from (sigh) the second movie. My proton packs are gonna need some undead fodder.

I'm probably gonna be the only one who says this, but I wish maybe we'd get Minimates of the Extreme Ghostbusters too. For some reason I really liked watching that show as a kid. Eduardo, Garrett, Roland and Kylie FTW!

I wouldn't want Extreme Ghostbusters 'mates (well, maybe Kylie since she was the only original new character, the others always seemed to be 'Latino Pete', 'New Winston', and 'Handicapped Ray' in look and persona) but speaking of animated Ghost Busters I hope they're able to make minimates based on "The Real Ghostbusters"

I know it's a VERY big deal Mattel and Art Asylum have gotten rights to use Bill Murry's likeness (probably why he's in the first set, so they can get the figure out before he changes his mind again), but I like the Real Ghostbuster designs better and they were a bigger part of my childhood. So since Mattel is doing figures of the Real Ghostbusters in their line I hope after the movie box sets we see some animated 'mates too.

was it really that bad

Yes. Though in fairness, it is damn hard to evaluate this movie on its own merits, because it will always be compared to the first Ghostbusters. Still, as a kid I hated it and thought it sucked, and as an adult, I feel the same way.

As for the goo shooters, I wouldn't care anything about them, but since we already have the sculpt that was used for Chef Duff, it seems like a no-brainer that we get them.

http://img.sharedmp3.net/files/pics/307/306102/img_1_pr.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

Yea Ghostbusters!

Agreeing with everyone else that has posted, I'd say that there will be at least two box sets (and the second better include Slimer), just to get the full set of Ghostbusters. But I'd love to see a set with nothing but ghost Minimates, or a Stay-Puff Man.

But I'd love to see a set with nothing but ghost Minimates, or a Stay-Puff Man.

My dream figure would be an articulated Maximate-size Stay-Puff Man that we could customize into other characters. :wub:

Whilst I definitely share your enthusiasm (& your's Boyd) for Mr. Staypuft I am somewhat bemused as to his customising potential . Michelin Man perhaps &........?

I feel I should explain myself for fear of being outed as a Skrull! :D

I love the first movie. Saw it the day it was released and have watched it a fair few times since. But I can honestly say I've never really wanted figures of any of the characters. When I said I was amazed by the positive response I wasn't trying to belittle anyone, I was just genuinely shocked at the level of positivity the announcement has caused.

Hell, I'm always glad to see new 'mates, but this, the Back To The Future is one line I'm going to skip. Having said all that I reallly hope they do a Mr Staypuft Maximate! :D

I'm not a Skrull though, honest!

But I'd love to see a set with nothing but ghost Minimates, or a Stay-Puff Man.

My dream figure would be an articulated Maximate-size Stay-Puff Man that we could customize into other characters. :wub:

Whilst I definitely share your enthusiasm (& your's Boyd) for Mr. Staypuft I am somewhat bemused as to his customising potential . Michelin Man perhaps &........?

Well (if he was made) he would likely be in the minimate shape with some accessories that are either removable (Yes! Blank White Maximate!) or sculpted on (bring out the sanding belt!) Either way the important thing would be the articulation, which I was unable to cut into the resin maximate statues.

could this be the line where there is going to be a minimate mold that is unique to minimates, and unlike any other? ala slimer? just a thought

I've been thinking about this. You could start with a standard Minimate chest and arms. Then a sleeve over the chest to provide the head / spud-like body shape (kinda like they did with Clayface). Then maybe a unique hips piece to provide a rounded bottom shape. In an ideal world, he'd come with a clear stand so it would look like he's floating.

Of course sculpting a unique piece for the head/body may be easier...

Edited by boyd