UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Images for wave #26

TBT!

As for the claws, I'm looking at them, and I'm thinking they're the X3 claws. i just can't get that out of my head.

They are not the X3 claws, remember the conversation way back when (yesterday) where I said they weren't a reuse... well I had the X3 wolverine mini in front of me and anyone but an idiot could see they are different... why couldn't you... oh never mind I think just answered my own question.

T.

Seriously, was that comment needed? You seem to be getting ruder as the days go on man LOL :ermm: Not trying to start anything but if a post bugs you, just ignore it. No need to be insulting.

Yeah, I thought that too.

And you also seem to be acting like it's a personal insult if people aren't happy that these are coming out. No big deal, man. Some people will enjoy 'em and some won't. That's the nature of everything.

You know, between this wave being announced early, which he got upset over, the pics that he posted and no one liked, the showing of the wave 25 pics, and his gung-ho-ness to proclaim BSG dead, It's like TBT has a personal stake in all this. Almost like he's working for DST. But that's ridiculous ...isn't it?

Seriously, Tim. Why have you been so... fanboyish lately? Bad week at work? :( (you were right on my sig BTW. changed it for you)

Okay. I've had a chance to go back, look at these objectively, examine them and re-evaluate them.

I still don't like them.

Though I am wondering however about something. This took the place of the Gambit/Psylocke, right? what if that was the only 2 pack that got bumped? I'm just thinking about the appeared in 1977 clue from the contest. And if that's Vietnam era Sabretooth, maybe they're pulling a whole new line up for wave 27? Except for Vietnam was 1950-1975. Okay, that doesn't work. But it was an idea.

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though I am wondering however about something. This took the place of the Gambit/Psylocke, right? what if that was the only 2 pack that got bumped? I'm just thinking about the appeared in 1977 clue from the contest. And if that's Vietnam era Sabretooth, maybe they're pulling a whole new line up for wave 27? Except for Vietnam was 1950-1975. Okay, that doesn't work. But it was an idea.

You do know that the comic Deadpool/Gambit/Psylocke wave is still coming out, right? That wave (formerly Wave 26) is now Wave 27 (not unless, as you say, DST comes out of nowhere with a whole new completely-unnanounced wave), and the Wolverine movie wave is the new Wave 26. This means that Waves "27" will be released much later in the year, while Wave 26 will be released at the same time as Wave 25 (the Red Skull/AIM agent wave, which will still be released right on schedule).

The possible silver lining in all of this is that there's a chance Wave 27 might be released with a completely NEW Marvel wave... one with Black Bolt and Kang in it, perhaps? :rolleyes:

well despite the rash of negativeness towards these I think they look great...despite my misgivings about how they handle Sabertooth in the first flick and how I am not too keen on his look in this one I still think these look fantastic....and I dont mind that they moved the comic wave back one wave too get these out closer to the movies release

Jeff of the Miniacs

I hope the next wave features the Jim Lee versions of Psylocke and Gambit.

DST confirmed through comic images that Gambit and Psylocke will be the 90's Jim Lee era costumes.

Thanks for clearing that up, The 90's costumes are my favourite. I hope the final products have new hair, especially Psylocke. It annoys me when they keep recyling that long hairstyle.

Kind of off topic but does anyone know what set this Magneto and Wolverine come from, as they were pictured in the latest DST Newsletter:

Wolvo_Magneto.jpg

Kind of off topic but does anyone know what set this Magneto and Wolverine come from, as they were pictured in the latest DST Newsletter:

Wolvo_Magneto.jpg

Those are from the new mass-market Heroes & Villains sets. We had a thread about them here

The possible silver lining in all of this is that there's a chance Wave 27 might be released with a completely NEW Marvel wave... one with Black Bolt and Kang in it, perhaps? :rolleyes:

That was what I was (badly) trying to suggest.

No worries... it just seemed horrifying how it looked like you were suggesting the Deadpool/Gambit/Psylocke wave was outright phased out. After all (you) guys went through during Minimate Week, DST must think we're real gluttons for punishment or something :lol:

Edited by NorthRaider

Thanks for the link NorthRaider, I tried searching but couldn't find that thread :thumbsup:

Back on topic, I'm surprised they didn't make a movie Gambit, considering they've never released a Gambit it would've been interesting to see the movie version aswell as Jim Lee's 90's look.

TBT! already said that according to his super cool insider info Wave 27 (the old 26) and 28 will be shown in ToyFare sometime soon.

TBT! already said that according to his super cool insider info Wave 27 (the old 26) and 28 will be shown in ToyFare sometime soon.

I think TBT meant that they would be revealed at Toyfair in feb...man after NYCC its the next big toy even on the calendar....and literally it is on my calender much to my wife's displeasure lol

Jeff of the Miniacs

so according to his minimate, deadpool doesn't get a mask in the movies?

Pretty sure he doesn't. In fact, he and Emma wear the same thing, and she looked to be in some kind of prison. If they don't put muscle definition on Movie Deadpool, i might just have to get a few. Either way, it's a neat take on him.

I gotta say, i think i'm the only one actually excited for these. I love the moviemates, especially for all of the "realistic" pieces such as hair and whatnot, and if it weren't for the Wolvies i'd be all over them. and Blobbie looks awsome. ;)

Looks like it(God I need a movie Gambit)...

f2n3og.jpg

No mask in the preview, no mask in the posters, no mask in a few online pics. Hell, not even a scar?

Looks like it(God I need a movie Gambit)...

f2n3og.jpg

No mask in the preview, no mask in the posters, no mask in a few online pics. Hell, not even a scar?

Basically what i said. ;)

So do we know who the hell that black-haired chick is yet? and i guess because Emma's only been in one preview and no posters that she won't be that prominent of a character??

I think that Deadpool will become scarred by the end of the movie. I'm gutted that they didn't put a Gambit in place of a Wolvie, heck even a Sabretooth. I'd even settle for him being the variant!

So do we know who the hell that black-haired chick is yet? and i guess because Emma's only been in one preview and no posters that she won't be that prominent of a character??

Silver Fox. It's been stated many times over if I am not mistaken. (which I probably am. Seems to be a habit with me lately)

Silver Fox. It's been stated many times over if I am not mistaken. (which I probably am. Seems to be a habit with me lately)

Oh! Actually, i think i read that somewhere once. Makes sense, actually. But i'll be pissed if she gets more screentime than Emma. ;)

Oh! Actually, i think i read that somewhere once. Makes sense, actually. But i'll be pissed if she gets more screentime than Emma. ;)

I wouldn't. Emma has nothing to do with wolverine's origins at all.

Back to the 'mates. Nice set, but i am probably the on;y one who doesn't like the blob figure...

Although it would be fair to say that so far I'm not passionate about this wave (things change when I see them) I really like the Blob. He isn't like the Blob I remember but ,then again, I doubt if he remembers...... me ;) Despite what I've said previously the trailer for the movie bodes well & I hope these sell well to the 'casuals'.

I'm pretty sure Emma will be a cameo like Cyclops and Storm. She isn't receiving top billing, and her character isn't a part of Wolverine's backstory. Silver Fox is vital in Wolverine's backstory. However, I have been waiting to see Emma Frost on screen since X-Men 1, and would love for her to become a villain in future installments.

You wouldn't tease a boy, now would you?