UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

Do you mean Batman in his "Begins" suit (from the parking lot scene), or in his new suit with the ability to move his head? If the former, jump on it. If the latter. . .it is a good deal, no doubt, but we are getting the DX version in the not-too-distant-future. He will have all kinds of nifty stuff like changeable chins and moving eyes, but will probably cost $70-100 more than what you could get this guy for. Anyway, something to consider.

http://www.hottoys.com.hk/index.php?target...;product_id=464

It's the one with the ability to move. I prefer that one over the new one because I want the Bruce Wayne head as well.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see. I actually sold my Bruce Wayne head in a moment of financial distress, and now kind of regret it. These are all great figures, so you can't go wrong with one < $100. It seems like a lot, but when you get a Hot Toys figure in hand, you will understand that it is well worth the price.

Edited by karamazov80

I haven't heard anything about a Scarecrow, though I could direct you to a very excellent custom mask a guy was selling, if interested (you could just stick it on a body with generic black suit or something). I did read that we don't have a Gordon figure because Oldman didn't allow them to use his likeness. Maybe there is a similar issue with Cilian Murphy. You can bet on getting some more figures when the next film is released, though.

No, they appear just to be getting started. Duke is available for pre-order. They have stated that Firefly, Beachhead, and most recently "Zartan and the Dreadnoks" are being produced. They also said that women will come, but that the first will not be Baroness (probably Scarlett), and that they are developing a new, "bigger" body for one of the Joes, probably Roadblock. Based on their little preview video posted awhile back, Flint and Rock 'n Roll seem very likely, as well. I would also bet on seeing Destro soon, and Baroness/helmeted Cobra Commander before all is said and done. This line has been fairly successful so far, so I expect (read: hope) that it keeps going for a while.

Today I got Cobra Commander from McDurg (thanks!), and he is really great. He will look nice posed next to Duke, I think. But he is slightly smaller than the ridiculously big Darth Vader. Apparently the guys at Sideshow thought that Darth Vader was played by Andre the Giant.

DSCN1707.jpg

Today I got Cobra Commander from McDurg (thanks!), and he is really great. He will look nice posed next to Duke, I think. But he is slightly smaller than the ridiculously big Darth Vader. Apparently the guys at Sideshow thought that Darth Vader was played by Andre the Giant.

DSCN1707.jpg

That just makes him look too small.

Easy enough to remedy that problem.

DSCN1709-1.jpg

Wish I didn't need to use the damn flash inside :(

Funny, I posed him that way thinking it looked coolest, and when I went to put the old school CC in front of him, noticed I had him in the exact same pose. I honestly didn't even realize it.

• 2 weeks later...
Easy enough to remedy that problem.

DSCN1709-1.jpg

Wish I didn't need to use the damn flash inside :(

Funny, I posed him that way thinking it looked coolest, and when I went to put the old school CC in front of him, noticed I had him in the exact same pose. I honestly didn't even realize it.

Dust that little guy!

Got a fine custom painted Hot Toys Superman today. Ordered near a month ago, but it was worth the wait. Definitely a gem in my collection.

DSCN1782.jpg

DSCN1770.jpg

DSCN1773.jpg

Also got my GoHastings Iron Man yesterday, that I posted about in the Iron Man thread. He's really growing on me. Not a bad figure at all.

DSCN1742-1.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Don't know if anyone else is interested, but Thriller Michael Jackson is up for pre-order from Sideshow (you can find it by clicking the useful Sideshow banner here :) ). I even get a cool dancing MJ as my mouse cursor on their site :buttrock:

Don't know if anyone else is interested, but Thriller Michael Jackson is up for pre-order from Sideshow (you can find it by clicking the useful Sideshow banner here :) ). I even get a cool dancing MJ as my mouse cursor on their site :buttrock:

If you do get that figure, in about 6 months time you'll probably be able to sell it for a friggin mint.

Finances allowing it, I plan on getting 2 :)

I saw on CNN yesterday, several thousand people simultaneously doing the Thriller dance in order to break some world record.

I honestly expect that this will be amongst the most popular Hot Toys figures produced, if not the most popular. Yeah, Ledger Joker was big, but this is Thriller!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't own any of these "premium" figures (yet), but that Darth Talon Premium Format figure is a frickin' thing of beauty. $279 for one figure just seems outrageous. I was looking at the site and it states that it's made of polystone. Is that like a ceramic or something? I was just wondering how fragile that figure would be. Seems like it should be indestructable for nearly $300...

The only one of those I have (made of "Polystone") is Captain America. He is pretty solid and heavy, though small parts like his wings can supposedly be broken off during shipping if someone is not careful. So, it feels sturdy enough, but I wouldn't be dropping them on the ground to test it out.

Also, you probably know this, but the "premium format" figures are not 1/6 scale articulated figures, but rather 1/4 scale static statues, meaning they are pretty dang big and they stay in one pose. Here is my 1/4 Cap (about 19 inches tall) next to my 1/6 Dutch (12 inches tall) for reference:

DSCN1928-1.jpg

As for the price. It does seem pricey. . .until you start comparing it to other "high end" collectibles. A year and a half ago, I would never have considered paying $200-300+ for a single collectible, but if you consider that Sideshow 12 inch figures now average about $90-100, Hot Toys figures go for $130-180 or so (or more, depending on the seller), and Medicom RAH figures can go for upwards of $220 (even though they are the crappiest quality of the three I've listed. . .), $300 for huge, fantastic-looking statues with cloth pieces on them doesn't seem so bad. Are one of these worth the same as 2 Hot Toys figures or 3 Sideshow 1/6 scale figures? I think so.

Mind you, the kind of rationalization made in my last couple of sentences has gotten me into a heap of trouble.

Edited by karamazov80

I believe polystone is stone powder mixed with resin, but I could be wrong. It will chip if the statue falls over. My PF Cap's arm got knocked off, and it fell about 3 feet and chipped the edge of the shield. I was able to repair it so it looks almost new, but it will never be perfect.

Luke, was your Cap the Exclusive version? I don't know how the pieces are connected, but the arm of mine seems sculpted to the body (mine is the non-exclusive). I guess the glove is glued to the arm, so maybe that could fall off? Or maybe the part with the bicep is glued to the "core" body?

Edited by karamazov80