UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

Those are not straight up re-releases. IMO both figures are different enough. The oringinal spidey is much more cleaner and simple. Like the costume should be.

I was not going to say anything, but frankly, I agree with Webhead. They are based on the same character, but very different in design. One would never pass for the other.

Really I was just giving yall a hard time. :)

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are not straight up re-releases. IMO both figures are different enough. The oringinal spidey is much more cleaner and simple. Like the costume should be.

I was not going to say anything, but frankly, I agree with Webhead. They are based on the same character, but very different in design. One would never pass for the other.

Really I was just giving yall a hard time. :)

my bad lol. Not to continue minimates in this thread but the eyes are way different too. If they had put the back in black figure's eyes on the wave 2 variant that would have been perfect. Dating back to my days of reading web of spider-man I have always associated the black costume with a grittier darker spider-man.

Looks cool, but I would put serious money down on HT releasing a Battle Damaged T-800 from T2 with the Gatling Gun.

--edit: Minivenom, hurry! Free shipping! http://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-Toys-Predator-12-f...=item2eb1804be1 --

Edited by karamazov80

Finally a license I'm not interested in. I've never seen the original, and I don't really have any desire to see the new one. I think I can safely say I'm out on this one, even though I said the same about the Platoon figures before caving and preordering Barnes. hahaha!!

Looks like a skinny Will Ferrel. Put him in a Spartan cheerleader uniform and done.

Classic Tron was epic. I loved it and saw it multiple times. Its a DVD I watch often. Not so sure about the new movie, but it looks interesting.

I hope it works out for you, Venom!

Apparently, that Tron guy won't be a traditional figure, but a relatively inarticulate statue with 2 different, interchangeable leg styles to fit on the bike in different ways.

Regards the leg styles ....that coincides with what I noticed about the location of what looks to be the foot-brake & gear-shift...... inside or barely outside the rear 'wheel'. All that technology & the bike still relies on a gearbox & a foot-pedal .......I don't think so :)

It's still pretty impressive though.

I gots a new toy today:

SDC12826-1.jpg

Firefly was probably my 3rd favorite GI Joe toy after Flint and Zartan. Though Sideshow choosing this "modernized" interpretation was a bit disappointing to me, I still put this off this purchase far too long, and of course, right after I ordered CSC had a free shipping deal.

But anyway, cool looking figure. I think he is more like the original version with the shirt tucked in, so that's how I'll display him. With the flash, it almost looks like he's setting off an explosion behind the camera which is causing the shadow :buttrock:

Edited by karamazov80

Nice figure, K80. I was planning to buy Firefly, but too many other cool opportunities came up. Should have a couple new additions by the end of this week. Also paid for my War Machine Preorder yesterday, so I guess that one is coming soon as well. It's been an expensive week. :)

I used to collect 12 inchers back in the day when dragon toys was just starting out, and Ulitmate Soldier was the king. Everything now seems expensive as heck. Is there a cheap way to get back into the fold? this thread is a once a week look for me, so I'd like to jump on the bandwagon. Got some tips? pm me please

I don't know of anything all that cheap unless you are looking at unlicensed military figures. Or the more unpopular stuff from companies like Sideshow/Hot Toys.

You can still get Dragon figures pretty cheap on eBay.