UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Secret Santa '08

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....ol' Snorkasaurus is erudite enough to navigate Wiki & is always willing to learn :biggrin:

:whistling:

:captainbritain:

Dear Mr. :captainbritain:,

the google language tool says, that Mr. Harris said:

"You can talk of happiness that you are not my "cuckoo child" are, rather Buttheadsmate, namely else would you get nothing, because cheeky children go empty at the end or even get the rod to feel! (Or art thou but it, I should be in the mail again to see ...)".

:lol:

Dear Mr. :captainbritain:,

the google language tool says, that Mr. Harris said:

"You can talk of happiness that you are not my "cuckoo child" are, rather Buttheadsmate, namely else would you get nothing, because cheeky children go empty at the end or even get the rod to feel! (Or art thou but it, I should be in the mail again to see ...)".

:lol:

Oh it was in German ......I thought it was an anagram.....my bad :lol:

There is no way I want to feel your rod either :unsure:

Just got my email as well, thanks for taking the time to throw all of this together! Not a very large list of what this person is looking for, but this is why eBay was invented. :D

I still haven't got mine... anyone else still waiting?

I had one email bounce back to me. I was on my way to work this morning when I looked, so I didn't have a chance to see who's it was. When I get home tonight I'll double check it and remail to whomever it was.

I still haven't got mine... anyone else still waiting?

I had one email bounce back to me. I was on my way to work this morning when I looked, so I didn't have a chance to see who's it was. When I get home tonight I'll double check it and remail to whomever it was.

Got it, thanks!

It is probably the time for most people doing the Secret Santa '08 to update their Want/Haves being a bit more specific perhaps ;)

yeah sorry to whoever got me i was a bit vague gonna update my list ,oh and i just posted my parcel so my secret child will be getting a parcel soon hope it makes them smile :P

I finally found a lump of coal, but it didn't seem like enough somehow. So I will also be enclosing a pair of dirty socks and a handful of dead bugs I found in a light fixture. Also one surprise item that I found between my toes. Someone is going to have the best Christmas ever!

I'm having a very difficult time trying to find anything that my 'child' wants, especially as they are a completionist and owns practically everything ever made. I'm trying to find something unique and original.

I finally found a lump of coal, but it didn't seem like enough somehow. So I will also be enclosing a pair of dirty socks and a handful of dead bugs I found in a light fixture. Also one surprise item that I found between my toes. Someone is going to have the best Christmas ever!

please let Luke be my secret santa... :ermm:

BS

I'm having a very difficult time trying to find anything that my 'child' wants, especially as they are a completionist and owns practically everything ever made. I'm trying to find something unique and original.

How about a custom? If you don't feel your skills are up to par there are always quick customs.

It is probably the time for most people doing the Secret Santa '08 to update their Want/Haves being a bit more specific perhaps ;)

I completely agree with you. Out of the few things on my persons list, I can only find one in stores, and that one item is under the $10 range. And my sister doesn't like me using her eBay/paypal, so it's kind of hard for me to find anything. :confused:

Edit'd for this thought. My sister and I just now thought of this, but since there is also a price minimum, shouldn't there also be a requirement to how many items the person has to list? Like at least putting 5 or 6 items on their list, 2 of which are available in stores(and not mission impossible to find). Just a thought, I figured it might make things easier for people like me who can't really get online and shop.

Edited by McDurg

I completely agree with you. Out of the few things on my persons list, I can only find one in stores, and that one item is under the $10 range. And my sister doesn't like me using her eBay/paypal, so it's kind of hard for me to find anything. :confused:

Edit'd for this thought. My sister and I just now thought of this, but since there is also a price minimum, shouldn't there also be a requirement to how many items the person has to list? Like at least putting 5 or 6 items on their list, 2 of which are available in stores(and not mission impossible to find). Just a thought, I figured it might make things easier for people like me who can't really get online and shop.

Good suggestion. I'll add that to next year's rules.

My interpretation of this has been that the list you get is an idea for what that someone wants, but it is only a very rough guideline, and that "Santas" should not necessarily feel obligated to send anything that is on that list at all. This is a game of "giving." We should give what we feel is appropriate.

For instance, on my list, I put the main Minimate wants of mine at the moment, but some of them aren't dirt cheap or extremely easy to find. But, I would not at all be offended or upset if I didn't get any of them. In my opinion, it is the idea of a fellow board member being thoughtful and friendly that makes this a fun kind of "game," not whether they give you the stuff you ask for. It would be nice, I'm sure, for someone to send you something that you truly "want," but if you don't, so what? This is just a fun little thing to do.

Is this perspective wrong Reideen?

Edited by karamazov80

As Jesus once pointed out to the lads when equating what the poor widow had put in the collection box at the temple .She contributed two coins ,no longer in circulation ,whilst many other more fortunate people were puttings in wads of cash & gold.

Jesus wanted the lads to realise that whilst some gave of their surplus the poor widow gave everything she had . ;)

My interpretation of this has been that the list you get is an idea for what that someone wants, but it is only a very rough guideline, and that "Santas" should not necessarily feel obligated to send anything that is on that list at all. This is a game of "giving." We should give what we feel is appropriate.

For instance, on my list, I put the main Minimate wants of mine at the moment, but some of them aren't dirt cheap or extremely easy to find. But, I would not at all be offended or upset if I didn't get any of them. In my opinion, it is the idea of a fellow board member being thoughtful and friendly that makes this a fun kind of "game," not whether they give you the stuff you ask for. It would be nice, I'm sure, for someone to send you something that you truly "want," but if you don't, so what? This is just a fun little thing to do.

Is this perspective wrong Reideen?

No, I think it is entirely up to the person. My list for example is extremely broad. (Sorry to whomever got me. :)) I listed many of my likes but nothing really specific because I'm more interested in what the sender will come up with than looking for a particular item.

Others are very specific on what they're looking for. IMO, if you can/want to fill those specific needs, great. If not and you want to go out and find something else - something this person has talked about liking in their posts or whatever - then that's up to you.

Since I have about as little a talent in customizing as is humanly possible, I tend to pour over the person's posts looking for hints at what they want, in addition to their want/have list and whatever they've sent in their wish list. It's worked ok for me in the past but may not be everyone's cuppa.

Does that help?