UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Infinity War

Gmonkey2k

Im sure there's probably a way to kitbash Thor's new look, Stormbreaker definitely was needed though. But I think they did a great job covering most of the roster.  

After seeing the movie, that Iron Man's lack of accessories makes it look really lackluster given what that suit could do, still nicely made however.

Edited by RedTiger95

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I understand someone has to get cut, I really wish the Outriders had found a spot, I feel like the new tooling would pay off due to the army building, as is I’ll just be giving the Chitauri to Thanos instead. I’m very glad the whole Black Order will be released. 

2 hours ago, Valo487 said:

While I understand someone has to get cut, I really wish the Outriders had found a spot, I feel like the new tooling would pay off due to the army building, as is I’ll just be giving the Chitauri to Thanos instead. I’m very glad the whole Black Order will be released. 

Agreed. I definitively needed an Ebony Maw because that guy was just so over the top super evil that I thought he was hilarious. 

After seeing the movie I can say I think DST did a good job with character choices. I might sub out Drax for someone else, maybe Wanda, but I don't think it's a big deal. We desperately need another Thor though. I hoped the movie would provide answers for some of the odd design decisions like Black Widow's likeness and Rocket's ridiculously large gun but if there were any I missed them. The lack of any extras for Iron Man really stands out now, it's not my favorite armor but it could have been the coolest Iron Man minimate ever. I probably would have went with a different expression for Thanos.

Yeah, I know Thor didn't have the eyepatch for long, but it would've been a nice extra head for either this or Ragnarok.

I don't blame DST, though, I blame Marvel. They have to be the final decision makers for lack of accessories/other characters here. It's not like it made any money these last two days. ?

Just saw the movie, and it was really good.  DST did a pretty good job with selection.  Iron Man could really use some accessories, and Thor not coming with an extra head, arms, cape, and hammer is a major missed opportunity.  Like, major.  Hulk, imo, is a complete waste of a slot.  I would have preferred an Armored Thanos in that slot.  

Now that I've seen the movie, while I totally agree Hulk is a waste of a slot (when considered within the movie's context)... it's hard to argue he doesn't bring more selling power than any of the alternatives.

Don't exactly see Pepper, Wong, Wanda or Vision bringing more shelf appeal to the table than Hulk. Nebula? M'Baku? Okoye? Mantis? Anyone? No. I'm hard pressed here to find an unmade character on Hulk's starpower level.

And many of these characters don't even have looks that are new/unique enough to warrant it (Granted, Hulk is one of said characters, but again, Hulk is Hulk).

Shuri, I'll give a slight extra nod to, as she's the hot new wizkid on the block, so everyone seems to enjoy seeing more of her, and unlike Okoye, she actually had a different look in this movie BUUUUT... again. She's no Hulk. And her screentime was just as minimal.

EVEN Armored Thanos... while highly appropriate to the movie... would have been a re-tread of a character, in a wave already over-stuffed with characters, and he honestly had ABOUT as much screentime as Hulk, to be fair. I admit, he'd have been an awesome get... but... I still think Hulk outweighs him sales-wise. Especially since they're both in Wave 1 (not that things couldn't have been shuffled around a bit)

Spoiler

Red Skull, I admit, would make a pretty unique new minimate for the character, but it's not like his role was huge, and the toy would spoil his cameo. And again, he's not outselling Hulk. Frankly given how tight-lipped they allegedly were about spoilers for this movie, it wouldn't surprise me if toy companies never even heard about his Cameo.

So anyway yeah... while Hulk definitely didn't NEED a minimate... at all. Given his screen time. It still makes sense to me that he got one.

Would I have preferred a new Wanda? Absolutely. Do I think a new Wanda (or pretty much anyone else we didn't get) would have sold half as well? No I do not.

Edited by Gillbob316

On 4/28/2018 at 8:40 AM, stack32 said:

After seeing the movie I can say I think DST did a good job with character choices. I might sub out Drax for someone else, maybe Wanda, but I don't think it's a big deal. We desperately need another Thor though. I hoped the movie would provide answers for some of the odd design decisions like Black Widow's likeness and Rocket's ridiculously large gun but if there were any I missed them. The lack of any extras for Iron Man really stands out now, it's not my favorite armor but it could have been the coolest Iron Man minimate ever. I probably would have went with a different expression for Thanos.

While I agree Drax was probably the least essential of the five to the plot, I think there's something to be said for the fact they got out all five of the core/original MCU Guardians, so I'm inclined to be okay with it. Say a kid buying these for the first time, who has no access to the initial Guardian waves, wants the whole team - well he can get them (I mean... arguably. Lets ignore the whole TRU situation w/ Rocket & Groot)

Star-lord, Gamora & Rocket all had a lot of plot meat. Drax and Mantis were just kind of there (though they brought welcome comic relief, and some of the funniest moments of the movie). Groot was also kinda just there... but Groot is a toy selling machine.

I think the two biggest omissions were Wanda & Vision, and since Vision's look hardly changes movie to movie, I can forgive him easily. Since Wanda is the character most TIED to Vision... I frankly think he probably dragged her odds down a bit. Easier to cut those two as a pair, than a fraction of the core Guardians.

Spoiler

I questioned Gamora as much as anyone before I saw the movie. She seemed as unessential as Drax. Having now seen the movie, she makes all the sense in the world, as she was one of the most integral characters to the plot, not to mention the character w/ the strongest ties to Thanos. Furthermore since this MIGHT be her last movie... yeah, she deserved a spot.

5 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Besides powered-up Thor and Wanda I can't think of anything major.

I understand why DST didn't make another Vision, but seeing as he has a bigger role than even Captain America his absence is conspicuous.

I want a vinimate of

Peter Dinklage whose name in the movie I can pronounce but not spell

And a calm Thanos head dammit. That really was the wrong expression.

The TRU debacle is really messing with my LCS.

The owner generally orders every assortment of Marvel Minimates he sees. Problem is that the TRU waves weren't offered in Previews since they were an unexpected addition. As of today he's ordering both assortments for me but, dang, it would have been nice for him to have at least the first assortment on hand for Free Comic Book Day this weekend. He'd have been able to move them with all the extra traffic he gets with little difficulty.

Oh well. My wallet gets a break, just in time for Mother's Day.

I just got my Infinity War boxset in the mail.  My son and I excitedly sat down to open it up and finish off wave 1.  We were both disappointed when Winter Soldier's leg stayed in the packaging when the rest came out.  Thanos was missing the upper right-hand slip cover.  Basic QC issues can be a real bummer.

You know... I've seen a lot of people say Thor needs Stormbreaker and an Eyepatch... but technically having Stormbreaker AND an eyepatch would make him LESS accurate... because... he had 2 eyes by the time he got Stormbreaker. And he only had one eye before he got Stormbreaker. The two are mutually exclusive.

That said... an alt head cures all that, I'm just nitpicking for the sake of nitpicking, lol.