UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU 20

MiniMage

I would still prefer Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H....

Red Hulk/She-Hulk

A-Bomb/Skaar

Hulk/Leader

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is a good idea. TMNT sold really well here. I can see there's a kid market that Minimates don't usually attract. Tap that market. These may not appeal to some long time collectors, but it's probably worth it. In going any animated mates are in a recognizable animated style, like TMNT.

Either way I'm excited. The avengers looks in the show are unique yet classic to their looks I wouldn't mind them, but the options from Web Warriors could bring in some of the demand people have for Spider-Verse characters. Either way I'll be picking some of these up.

Well, Web Warrios could give a 2099 mate so I'm all for it. Most of the designs in "Assemble" are pretty weak, but I'd take a Red Skull and Attuma. S.MA.S.H. could give us some Hulk villains so I wouldn't mind that as well. Honestly, I'm not excited for these but they will let my wallet breathe a bit, so there's that. But 21 and 64 better be NOW! themed and have Moon Knight in there, or else....(I'm going to whine on the internet because I'm nothing more than a guy behind a monitor).

I guess they line-ups of the waves and the branding may be a little different.

The line-ups will be whatever the TV series uses, and they may have the cartoons logo, rather than the usually image of minimate avengers in the top corner of the packaging.

I'd be expecting simplified tamps as well to match the the animated look.

While i'd love to see Agents of SMASH minimates, i think they're pretty low on the list of possibilities. Plus, i'd rather get more detailed, comic-accurate versions of those characters.

Still - this is ALL just hypothetical at the moment, right? We still don't have confirmation either way - do we?

This is a TRU wave so, if it is animation, why would it have to be limited to a single show.

Since I haven't actually seen any of the shows my list is going off from the adds.

Red Hulk & She Hulk

Exclusive Spider-Woman & Spider-Man 2099

Exclusive Star Lord & Drax (I want a child size Rocket but he doesn't fit the clues)

This is a TRU wave so, if it is animation, why would it have to be limited to a single show.

Since I haven't actually seen any of the shows my list is going off from the adds.

Red Hulk & She Hulk

Exclusive Spider-Woman & Spider-Man 2099

Exclusive Star Lord & Drax (I want a child size Rocket but he doesn't fit the clues)

Sadly, I feel you contradicted yourself. If it is a TRU wave, we are not getting anyone other than the 'mains'

Hulk/Red Hulk

Spidey/Iron Spidey

Maybe Star Lord/Drax

More likely Captain America/ Iron Man

Sadly, I feel you contradicted yourself. If it is a TRU wave, we are not getting anyone other than the 'mains'

Hulk/Red Hulk

Spidey/Iron Spidey

Maybe Star Lord/Drax

More likely Captain America/ Iron Man

What I meant by a TRU wave is that they rarely follow any sort of theme and that the character selection comes from multiple titles in the waves.

Yeah, I have to agree that Hulk is much more likely than She-Hulk. Since there are only three packs I dropped the Avengers Cap & Iron Man since 20 is between or just after the two AoU waves. As for the Spider-Man pack the reason I picked Spider-Woman was because it is the traditional Spidey suit but on a new character similar to Lady Thor. As for Spider-Man 2099 just about any of the other Spidey variations would work except, Noir since that costume hasn't been done before and may be seen as a completely new character.

All three sets are from the same property.

Two versions of the main hero, one supporting hero, one supporting civilian and two villains.

All are characters we've gotten before, but the two villain looks and the alt hero look are all unique to the property.

Please let it be Web Warriors so that I can get a new 2099 mate...

I'm guessing:

Main Hero versions: Iron Spider and normal Spider-Man

Supporting: 2099

Civillian: MJ

Villains: Green Goblin and Ock

i'd say it's pretty obviously gonna be a Spiderman cartoon wave and i would bet that your line-up is probably dead on. i could see the possibility of Spider-Man 2099 being Luke Cage or Agent Venom instead, but everything else seems like a safe bet.

i guess it'll depend on who the supporting hero is if i bother getting any of these.

Edited by suicidewatch

Please let it be Web Warriors so that I can get a new 2099 mate...

I'm guessing:

Main Hero versions: Iron Spider and normal Spider-Man

Supporting: 2099

Civillian: MJ

Villains: Green Goblin and Ock

i'd say it's pretty obviously gonna be a Spiderman cartoon wave and i would bet that your line-up is probably dead on. i could see the possibility of Spider-Man 2099 being Luke Cage or Agent Venom instead, but everything else seems like a safe bet.

i guess it'll depend on who the supporting hero is if i bother getting any of these.

2099 is the only I'd buy from such a wave (maybe MJ and Iron Spider if they aren't too cartoony), so if he's not there (and USM is indeed the wave) then I can easily pass this (neither assemble nor USM feature anything else that would interest me).

Edited by Kostisfire

All are characters we've gotten before, but the two villain looks and the alt hero look are all unique to the property.

And that is what I was afraid of. :/

And that is why I have been saying from the beginning that some fans may not like it!

I still think plenty of people here will enjoy the assortment, especially as we expand this format through other retailers, providing more characters, but time will tell. It is definitely going to bring in new fans. For the old fans who want new characters, there will be Series 64 and 65.

And that is what I was afraid of. :/

And that is why I have been saying from the beginning that some fans may not like it!

I still think plenty of people here will enjoy the assortment, especially as we expand this format through other retailers, providing more characters, but time will tell. It is definitely going to bring in new fans. For the old fans who want new characters, there will be Series 64 and 65.

Well that's good news! When can you start dropping hints for 64 and 65?

I actually think using the bigger chains to market animated series minimates is genius and I'm honestly excited to see the style of them

Zach what can you tell us about the extent of new tooling? /alternate parts/ accessories?

I'm having trouble understanding the disappointment. As far as Spidey 2099 and Iron Spider are concerned, the costumes are the same as they are in comics as far as I can tell. I know the style of line art can sometimes be different from an animated figure to a comic-based one but sometimes the difference is negligible. Hopefully that's the case here.

I'm missing Iron Spider from my collection so if this is a second chance, I'm all for it, especially if it comes with the three appendages and an extra repulsor hand.