UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

A2 :Avengers the age of Ultron movie

Mattallica

No worries mate. We all do it sometimes.

I don't know what standard protocol / etiquette is, but i tend to use them for as long as the film is at the cinema.

Edited by Nessex

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they'll do two waves? They haven't done it since Spider-Man 3 (?) but if any movie called for it it'd be this

Actually XMOW got two TRU waves.

And iron man 2

To be fair, the second TRU waves for Origins and Iron Man 2 were basically just a bunch of sets re-released, with two new exclusives. They weren't really "New" waves...

Spider-Man 3 had two completely unique waves, which I don't think has been duplicated for a movie yet. Even if one takes the specialty and TRU waves into account, there's usually a lot of overlap.

Edited by Gillbob316

Gillbob316, on 15 Apr 2014 - 05:45, said:

To be fair, the second TRU waves for Origins and Iron Man 2 were basically just a bunch of sets re-released, with two new exclusives. They weren't really "New" waves...

Spider-Man 3 had two completely unique waves, which I don't think has been duplicated for a movie yet. Even if one takes the specialty and TRU waves into account, there's usually a lot of overlap.

If we ignore the over lap it breaks down like this (note that I’m counting each variation as its own mate, so even if these movies spawned let’s say 4 unique characters, it still counts as 15 different mates because Spider-man wore a different pair of slacks each time):

-Spider-man 2: 14 different mates

-XM:O:W: 15 different mates

-Iron Man 2: TWENTY EIGHT (spread over a box set, an army dump, a boarders 2 pack, a previews exclusive 2 pack, a specialty wave, two TRU packs with 2 new characters, two TRU packs with 1 new character)

so there’s plenty of ways to get Avengers 2 minimates out there, the question is: Do any of the usual channels want them (will TRU want 2 exclusive sets this time or will they stick with the new norm of one? will AFX and/or Disney Store want a box set? Will they only have the standard 4 two packs at LCS? will another about to go under store chain pick up an exclusive set, go bankrupt, and make sure we NEVER see minimates of those characters?!) and if they do how many will be unique characters and not Tony Stark in different slacks? (if those movies are any example every new wave or exclusive pack will have some version of at least Tony in it as an anchor, no one wants to take on a set of four no bodies while another store gets the sweet, sweet Iron man cash.)

• 3 months later...

This movie is definitely going to require more than an LCS wave and TRU exclusives. I'm not sure about an army dump but another wave or at least a boxset certainly seems to be in order. I'd hope retailers wouldn't need to be sold too hard on the idea.

Also, Ultron looks cool, the Mark 42 armor is much better with a little more red, and Cap's costume is awesome.

Edited by stack32

There have been occasions where we've had film casts rounded out by Con box sets.

AFX have been able to get us IM3 Pepper Potts, IM2 Nick Fury, Race Track Tony & Raza. I know we havent seen anything from them in the way of minimates this year, but i'd be surprised if they didn't come to the party for an event like A2.

LCS + TRU is traditionally (although not always) 11 figures: 4 shared, 4 TRU excl, 3 LCS excl.

And - IM2 actually got 2 TRU waves, an LCS wave and an AFX 4-pack. I wouldn't bet the farm on it, but i suspect DST will find a way to get most of the major players made for a film this big.

So far, it seems that the BIG hitters for the film will be:

Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Nick Fury, Ultron, Ultron Drone army builder, Vision, War Machine, Maria Hill, von Strucker.

That's 15 right there. Plus - there's bound to be multiple looks for some of those characters, and possible surprise characters thrown in too.... It's a damn big cast, but with the exception af the SHIELD agents, and maybe one other, i'd be surprised if we don't see them all get minimates.

ALSO - MODS: should the A2 film and minimates discussion be in it's own thread? This one actually started as talk for the comic book event and eventual 4-pack based on it.

Of the characters mentioned, if I was going to guess who might not make it into a wave or box set, I would go with Nick Fury and Black Widow. Both of them have had multiple movie versions in the past, and I think their looks would be more or less indistinguishable from what we already have.

I was actually thinking that Maria Hill & Nick Fury might both get left behind, as they probably wont get as much screen time as the 'heroes'.

Also - i'm not sure how big a role War Machine, von Strucker & Vision will actually play in this film. They are listed pretty low down in the IMDB credits. Still - i would happily take all of them - esp. the two that haven't had movie-verse mates yet.

Edited by Nessex

ALSO - MODS: should the A2 film and minimates discussion be in it's own thread? This one actually started as talk for the comic book event and eventual 4-pack based on it.

fixed

This film should be a perfect chance to release a variation of this beauty:

HU19.jpg

hail Lurch

I was actually thinking that Maria Hill & Nick Fury might both get left behind, as they probably wont get as much screen time as the 'heroes'.

Also - i'm not sure how big a role War Machine, von Strucker & Vision will actually play in this film. They are listed pretty low down in the IMDB credits. Still - i would happily take all of them - esp. the two that haven't had movie-verse mates yet.

I really don't think that War Machine will get his own A2 minimate. I think his role will be more like what Pepper's role was in the Avengers movie.

Edited by ABC123

I wouldn't bet on him appearing for more than a quick scene but I wouldn't be disappointed if War Machine of Iron Patriot showed up for some action.

I'm interested to see how DST tackles Thor and Iron Man. Neither costume would require new parts based on what they already have available and Thor's paint would hardly be different. You pretty much have to make those 'mates but I wonder if the similarities to other versions changes the strategy at all.

I wouldn't bet on him appearing for more than a quick scene but I wouldn't be disappointed if War Machine of Iron Patriot showed up for some action.

I'm interested to see how DST tackles Thor and Iron Man. Neither costume would require new parts based on what they already have available and Thor's paint would hardly be different. You pretty much have to make those 'mates but I wonder if the similarities to other versions changes the strategy at all.

This is where a "Best of" 4-pack set of movie 'mates is starting to look like an attractive alternative. Any popular characters who must be made but are largely repeats (Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, Black Widow) could be offered outside of the standard series. Characters with significant costume changes (Cap, Hawkeye) and new characters (Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Ultron) can anchor the 2-packs.

My concern is that this is going to turn into another Iron Man 3 or Days of Future Past where there are a dozen opportunities for new Minimates but we get mostly repeats.

I see it going something like this:

Shared
  • Hulk & Hulkbuster *if this is in the movie they would be crazy not to pair these two together, this set would easily sell out even if the Hulk is the exact same one from the first movie
  • Captain America & Ultron *you got to have the bad guy available to both LCS & TRU
LCS
  • Ultron Drone & Black Widow *Widow/Hawkeye were paired in the TRU exclusive last time so they get pushed to LCS this go around
  • Ultron Drone & Hawkeye
TRU
  • Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch
*not sure for the last slot, I could see Thor getting left out in favor of an Ultron Drone or another Iron Man and also guess either

Vision or Baron Strucker or both

make it in the release somewhere

That seems reasonable, there would be holes from the get go without even knowing much about the movie but that's going to be a given with this huge lineup if they just go with the standard 1 wave dealio.