UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

For what it's worth, I've already given up on ordering from TRU.com. I NEVER had a good experience with them (either wrong product or severe damage). If I don't find it in store, I don't buy it. I refuse to pay extra on eBay for something that should be easily attainable at retail price. There are gaping holes in my collection because of this, but hey, occasionally I get lucky and hit the jackpot in store.

I don't collect the full Turtles line (just pick and choose certain 'Mates from it), but I feel for all of you that have had trouble with this wave. Let's just hope we have better luck with Walgreens...

Edited by CBMM1

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's nothing new with TRU. If they didn't have exclusive MM I wouldn't even go. Unfortunately I rarely find them at my TRU and reluctantly have to order online. 50% of the time it goes through though it may be something else due to the fact there are no pictures or that the descriptions are switched, otherwise the order just gets cancelled. It doesn't seem hard to look at an item, take a picture, list it with an accurate description, and then sell. Maybe this is a Chuck issue not a Zach problem. I wouldn't want my costumers to have issues obtaining my product. Although he may not have any pull with TRU executives to stop messing up his product. Does he even know?

It's neither a Chuck or a Zach issue, it's a David Brandon issue. You know, David Brandon, the former Domino's Pizza exec that TRU hired as CEO just this month.

So a toy company that doesn't really know HOW to sell toys hired a pizza guy who never knew how to make PIZZA. Sounds like a great fit.

Seriously though, TRU pays DST for product, DST delivers product, TRU can't sell product for shit and pissed off non-targeted consumers of said product. The problem lies squarely on TRU's shoulders. Chuck may be a powerful guy when it comes to Minimates, but he has zero control or influence on what his customer does with the product they purchase from him*.

* see 2014 SDCC Bluntman & Chronic set for further proof

I'm gonna request pics, because otherwise, as usual, I have NO idea what you're trying to say. The language barrier is made thicker by the assumption that everyone will eventually know what you're getting at.

I just assume BHM isn't sober when he posts here. tongue.png

I'm gonna request pics, because otherwise, as usual, I have NO idea what you're trying to say. The language barrier is made thicker by the assumption that everyone will eventually know what you're getting at.

I just assume BHM isn't sober when he posts here. tongue.png

Thanks MisterPL that comment will help a lot glare.gif

Sadly BHM is right--TRU is a mess, and has been for several years. But I'm sure it's such a small fish in TRU's pond that they're never going to give these figures any dedicated attention to resolving these kinds of problems. I guess I'm fortunate that I don't care all that much about anything that has been genuinely TRU exclusive in a long time (last 2-pack may have been the Bullseye/Moonstone pack!). I'm all for more packaging variants like the Aliens line.

Edited by karamazov80

I see what the issue is here -- I thought BHM was presenting new information. It is in fact all old information. Never mind.

Yes, The regular Don has a sticker on it. The two-pack is exclusive, even if the figures are not, and we probably had to sticker that set along with the exclusive variant. We weren't going to sticker ALL of the sets, but sorry if this makes army-builders harder to get. (There are three in the specialty assortment, BTW.)

If you're worried about Anton Zeck selling too slowly because he doesn't have a sticker, I would not worry about that one.

If you're worried that no one can get Mikey, it sounds like everyone is getting Mikey, even if they do not want him. So there should at least be some to trade.

I'll see if they have made any corrections based on your complaints.

And I was quoting Idle because it worked on several levels -- I was pretty sure it was an older expression, but it turns out he modified it.

Edited by DSTZach

An additional problem with the tru.com wrong orders is that the returns that go back to the store (like mine) mean the store has extras of sets that people can't order online(Mikey/Casey), so online won't have it available, but stores will not have either Don set because of the sticker screw up. Zeck is lingering still. I'm sure that will probably affect inventory and re-stocks from individual stores.

UPC for Mutagen Donatello pack is 699788180310

Here's the strange part - I ordered a set of each of the four available from TRU.com right after it was posted that they were available on Saturday morning and I actually received the Mutagen Donnie pack.

EDIT: Thanks to fwoosheyman for posting that they were up!

PK13, did you get all four as ordered, or did you get Mutagen in place of regular Don, with a Mikey to boot?

UPC for Mutagen Donatello pack is 699788180310

Here's the strange part - I ordered a set of each of the four available from TRU.com right after it was posted that they were available on Saturday morning and I actually received the Mutagen Donnie pack.

EDIT: Thanks to fwoosheyman for posting that they were up!

PK13, did you get all four as ordered, or did you get Mutagen in place of regular Don, with a Mikey to boot?

I received four different packs, (Leo/Splinter; Raph/Zeck; Donnie/Norman; Mutagen Donnie/Norman). The UPC on my invoice showed the Mikey/CJ two pack UPC next to the Mutagen Donnie/Norman item description, even though I didn't receive a Mikey pack.

So what's the solution to this incessant clusterfuck known as ToysRUs.com? Obviously the problem is internal. Should TRU exclusives be restricted to brick & mortar stores only? Should these stores offer pre-orders the same way specialty retailers like comic shops do? Should ANY of TRU's "exclusives" be labeled as such?

I understand that DST just makes the product. But if a painter sells a painting, and then sees it get colored on, it should still bother the painter. Also, put the exclusive sticker on all of the packs, it's obviously making certain packs targets. You should know all of this Zach, it happens with basically every wave.

MPL your ideas are solid. Hopefully one day TRU will work...

Yeah, they might as well put the exclusives tags on everything. I mean, the two-packs are technically exclusives since TRU is the only place that sells the two-packs. They might even move more sets that way if scalpers are now buying entire sets instead of just the stickered ones.

I'm still not sure how to fix TRU.com though as this isn't the first time people have had issues trying to order Minimates through them. It's clearly been brought to peoples' attention and there are still problems.

I see what the issue is here -- I thought BHM was presenting new information. It is in fact all old information. Never mind.

Picture the scene .... 11.40 p.m., 15th April 1912 , the North Atlantic ,375 miles South of Notfoundthem ......... the Trutanic has just hit an iceberg .

Buttheads [First mate] " Captain we've just hit an iceberg, we're going to sink "

Captain DST Smith " Thank you "

At 2.20 a.m on the 16th. April 1912 . .................

Buttheads [First mate] " Captain we're not sinking ....we've sunk "

Captain DST Smith " I see what the issue is here - I thought you were presenting new information .It is all in fact all old information . Never mind ."

All aboard !!!!!!!!!!! tongue.png

Edited by buttheadsmate

I hope it doesn't take 100 years for them to figure out how to take a picture and then list an item with accurate information. People do it every day on eBay, and they weren't hired to a paying job to do so.

TRU probably won't be in business 5 years from now anyway. They can't compete with the onslaught of digital entertainment, and Amazon.com.

Edited by karamazov80

The number of sets bought by toysrus.com compared to the number bought by Toys "R" Us (separate accounts) is pretty small, as far as I know. So we're not talking about huge numbers, and the brick-and-mortar sets are still there... well, except in the cases where some TRU employee told me that they sometimes have to box up stuff for the Web store, but I doubt Minimates are a large part of that business.

And stickering entire cases sounds great until scalpers just buy the entire case and nobody gets to buy any. :D If only certain sets are stickered each wave, and it's been like that for a LONG time, then clearly it's being done that way for a reason, and won't change any time soon.

BHM, your Titanic comparison is apt, except for the fact that these are toys, and nobody has died.

How about:

Old Woman: "That wave is headed for the shore!"

[Ten seconds pass.]

Old Woman: "Now the sand is all wet! And people are selling wet sand at a 50% markup! These waves are ruining the sand castle industry!"

I see what the problem here is.. We (the Fans and/or purchasers of Minimates) expect that those( whether they make or sell them) responsible for getting us our plastic crack, to Give a Damn, clearly we are mistaken. shame on us.

Edited by Mattallica

Excuse me for not rereading the thread, but has Zach said sorry that this is happening again? You do care right Zach? Some times your responses come off rude, I do realize that it's text and we can't hear how you want to come a cross, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt because I hear your a nice guy. We as customers try to fix the issues with TRU ourselves, I remember when TWD Lori and Morgan exclusives came out, I got the wrong order and called to complain. After 3 hours on hold (left my phone on speaker and watched TV) I got a woman from customer service who I spoke to about my incorrect order. She was confused on how I was sent the wrong thing so I talked her through my experience. I explained how some items names were mixed up with others descriptions, and how it's a simple oversight that could easily be changed. I don't know if that helped but I wanted to help make sure others didn't have the same problem I did. And I also wanted the correct MM too, but it seemed so obvious then and still is today, list the right thing. Zach call them (the online TRU) to tell them your product is incorrectly listed again. Having customers order something specifically and getting something else isn't helping the brand. Which everyone here loves by the way. Sometimes Zach you take things to personal, yeah Matt doesn't show you the respect he should, but you also don't see things from his point of view. You both should PM fight and then settle things, we're all on the same team.

Peace Love & Minimates