UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like the Mirage boxed set (even tho' I grew up with the first animated series and those are my "go to" looks).

That said, anybody else planning on swapping out the different colored bandana's on the Mirage guys besides me? biggrin.png

Also, I really enjoy the accessories these next guys are coming with. The pizza box will get "army built" in my collection for sure.

Edited by Mystery Man

I really like the Mirage boxed set (even tho' I grew up with the first animated series and those are my "go to" looks).

That said, anybody else planning on swapping out the different colored bandana's on the Mirage guys besides me? biggrin.png

That will be kinda hard since you have to take apart the heads to remove the bandanas. Cool idea though and I'd be really interested to see how it turns out if you do it.

I visited Kmart again, and lucked out with a woman doing a reset on the action figure aisle. She borrowed a handheld scanner and it showed two figures in stock.

Never did find them. We looked in all the toy aisles, the cashier sections, and the clearance aisle. She said they could be hidden somewhere but the likely explanation, based on how many My Little Pony figures she's recovered, was theft.

The scanner showed them on clearance for $4.69, so I'd say that's about it for checking for series 1 at this store.

Edited by toy showdown

What is the best way to get the bandanas off...?

I heated up the head, then used a small screwdriver to pry the top of the head off. The bandana and two head pieces had a small bit of glue holding them together near the bandana knot (or at least the one head I took the bandana off had a small bit of glue, there may be more or less on other figures)

The scanner showed them on clearance for $4.69, so I'd say that's about it for checking for series 1 at this store.

I just found a full strip of 12 at an out of town K-Mart. They were marked $4.00 each and I had a coupon for $3 off a purchase of $30. You can't really beat that!

The bad news is that there were an extra Leonardo instead of a Mutagen Mikey. The good news is that I was finally able to score another Kraang so my army of that which is called Kraang is now complete!

In some ways, Kraang's elusiveness has allowed me to enjoy the Foot soldier even more. The clothing restricts motion a little, but it's still hands-down the best action figure of both the ninja and robot versions.

April's better than her action figure. I think this is the only Nick Shredder out there with both knee and elbow articulation.

I still really need Kraang, but maybe we can get an Invasion of New York box set out of it. One clear, one blue, one Norman, and a handful of little brain pigs.

I think we're all just really worried that Karai's going to wind up exclusive to the next Kmart assortment. I think a lot of people will be all right about Bradford being hard to find, but will walk away from this line if they can't get Karai. It would mean the only humanoid Karai figure you can walk into any retailer and buy will be in the preschool line. Pixel Dan even singles out that preschool figure at about 1:36:

But looking ahead, Hedorah's arms and legs could be repurposed for Mutagen Man, attached to something like Robot Red Skull's body. I'm trying to visualize how Kuma's overlay could be turned into a Biotroid.

the pixel Dan interview with Zach I watshowehad said Bradford was the one per case for specialty, the mutagen Don and Anton zeck are the one per case for tru and all the other figs will be at both. No mention of a Kmart exclusive, so there could still be one, but I would hope it's shared like Bradford instead of a new character.

Overall I am excited for these after seeing all the cool stuff on display for wave 2, whereas before I was bummed since I want mutants And splinter doesn't cut it for me. Extra stuff for the Normans is really exciting too.

A suggestion (I don't recall if this has ever been discussed)...

X amount of time after an army builder has come and gone, what if DST offered a "Custom Squad" ordering system - exact same sculpt/accessories, minor variation on paint, no packaging beyond promo bags. Collectors could place their orders directly for a specific number. So...

12 months after the release of the first Krang, open up an ordering period for singles of him. 5 bucks each plus shipping. The new one has some unique trim on his arm or a different facial expression or some such. No retailer is getting a cut of this - it's all DST. All the tooling is done and, presumably, the cost of the license is already offset by regular retail offerings. Completist and casual buyers would still go for the retail releases, but the rest of us would have access to our most desired army builders... AIM Agents, SHIELD Agents, Krang, Crazy 88s...

This system would only work on stuff where the license hasn't expired, and unfortunately by the time someone figured out a way for a system like this to work some licenses would expire so they wouldnt be able to put certain characters into production for sale, and they would have to sell others before they expired and aren't allowed to sell them.

If turtles lasts long enough, the is could work, but it would probably be easier on DST to release another krang or foot soldier.

An army asst. of marvel troops outside regular wave releases would defirbe welcome!

We showed Karai in the specialty assortment solicitation photo. She's also on that set of shelves with the specialty assortment. In fact, she is exclusive to the specialty assortment -- I'm pretty sure I said that to Dan, as well, but maybe I just said it to everyone else.

Can't remember breakdown, but I do not believe Anton is one per case at TRU, just exclusive. Mutagen Don is a variant, so both Dons come with a Norman. Might be evenly packed otherwise.

Need to double check on KMart, they may still have an exclusive, which some will not like, but they also bring back the Foot, so you'll be able to get more of those. I'll let you know.

Edited by DSTZach