UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Guardians of the Galaxy

Valo487

Oh yeah - i gave up on the Marvel Metal. I really liked the series where you could clearly see the artist at work, and Marvel Metal looked to much like it was drawn by the automaton responsible for the ReBoot series.

Those '94 era, artist drawn cards (like Fleer X-Men etc.. ) were beautiful though!

marvelmaster94_sig_82.jpg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Marvel deserves to be made fun of for this, but in this case I think I can give them a pass since Star-Lord has been wearing this lately:

starlord_zps68a2a298.jpg

Ugh. Why anyone thought it was a good idea to change from his previous costume I'll never know.

I definitely agree on Nick Fury Jr. That's so embarrassingly dumb I still can't believe Marvel actually did it.

1. I actually really like Starlords space suit, not that I dont prefer his 2008 costume but i enjoy this one too

2. if something in the films is designed well, why not use it in the comics? its a cool look and Starlord having a consistent costume has never really been a thing, before his 2008 suit he just wore whatever space rags would have him (after his original look i mean)

3. Nick Fury I can say was a little goofy since that version did already exist in Ultimate Comics, but i dont really mind it personally, since i think original Fury will eventually return (hes not dead so...)

I think the key difference is... Hawkeye and Star Lord got updated looks. Coulson is a brand new character folded casually into the mix. Nick Fury Jr. is the suddenly introduced adult son of one of marvels longest running character who 1) happens to be black, 2) happens to have the same eye injury daddy does, and 3) works for dad's old employer, but in nowhere near the same capacity as papa did, so when you make the argument "Marvel does this do film viewers can ease into the books," it makes absolutely zero sense because suddenly instead of the badass boss in a trench coat, THIS Nick is an agent in spandex working FOR Maria. How does THAT make sense?

And regarding the Ultimate U? They keep trying to make it work and make it relevant but they're doing a shit job.

I think the key difference is... Hawkeye and Star Lord got updated looks. Coulson is a brand new character folded casually into the mix. Nick Fury Jr. is the suddenly introduced adult son of one of marvels longest running character who 1) happens to be black, 2) happens to have the same eye injury daddy does, and 3) works for dad's old employer, but in nowhere near the same capacity as papa did, so when you make the argument "Marvel does this do film viewers can ease into the books," it makes absolutely zero sense because suddenly instead of the badass boss in a trench coat, THIS Nick is an agent in spandex working FOR Maria. How does THAT make sense?

And regarding the Ultimate U? They keep trying to make it work and make it relevant but they're doing a shit job.

At least Original Flavor Fury is coming back to lead this summers big crossover