UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thundercats Minimates

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Boyd. Even looking at wilykat's right leg where the tampo is, the leg strap would indicate that his legs were straight when it was put on, otherwise the lines on the side wouldn't be out of alignment like they are.

My understanding is that both, the lower leg and foot, and lower arm and hand are one solid part, and everything else is the same old minimate parts

I don't know... now I need to talk myself down off this ledge...

It seemed inconceivable that the elbow and knee joints would be fixed, but if you look at Kit's photo, the second one doesn't necessarily show her knee bent at a 90 angle; it may just be rotated way back at the hip. On one hand, the mid-knee cuts look a little too deep to be solid sculpt, but on Kat, the side pins on his knees look like they might be solid. Also, aside from Kat's maybe knee position change, all of the arm and leg poses for both of them are nearly identical, which could mean fixed joints or a lazy photographer AAAHHHH MY BRAIN!!!!!

Okay, deep breaths. I'm sure they're standard joints. We don't need to go all Zapruder on these photos do we?

Her leg goes BACK AND TO THE LEFT! BACK AND TO THE LEFT!

Edited by Lobsterman

Derp. I'm an idiot. I thought we were talking about ankles and wrists. Carry on.

Ooo, I didn't even look at the wrists and ankles :blink: Looking back at the pictures I see that the mold lines match up perfectly on the hands and lower arms and feet and lower legs, yeah I'd say there's no wrist or ankle articulation

Yeah. See, this is why I asked Zach. :D

We need answers! Rampant speculation ruins lines. :0

Edited by Onyx_6

Yeah. See, this is why I asked Zach. :D

We need answers! Rampant speculation ruins lines. :0

And Greece, apparently. :whistling:

Knees and elbows definitely work. I'm gonna say no on the wrists just by the peg being too short, but a maybe on the ankles. BIG maybe, leaning no.

Still need to actually get the first two sets; was really holding out on overstock shipping to LCSs. Just really sharp, fun-looking Minimates. Cheetara looks incredible.

• 2 weeks later...

AFX is offering the third set free when you buy $22 worth of special items.

http://www.shopafx.com/hotofftruck.html

interestingly enough they have them listed as set 3 of 5. Have we heard anything about who is to be in the fourth and fifth sets? Reg Jaga and Monster Mum-ra, right?

I'm still not convinced that set 3 of 5 isn't just saying there are 5 figures in the set (although I'd be surprised if there's not a fifth set).

Did anyone else notice the jump in price to $21.99? I'm wondering if this is the new norm or just because they aren't selling these at a con.

I'm still not convinced that set 3 of 5 isn't just saying there are 5 figures in the set (although I'd be surprised if there's not a fifth set). Did anyone else notice the jump in price to $21.99? I'm wondering if this is the new norm or just because they aren't selling these at a con.

Yeah, I jumped to the "set 3 of 5" assumption, too. However, looking more closely at the wording "Minimate Series 3 Set of 5", I think it actually does just mean it's box set #3, containing five figures.

Clever of them. The price of those Minimates just about covers the higher shipping costs from AFX. And, notice how they have several items just below the $22 mark, but nothing just above. And it's definitely "series 3, set of 5", though I can see how one might misread that.

Clever of them. The price of those Minimates just about covers the higher shipping costs from AFX. And, notice how they have several items just below the $22 mark, but nothing just above. And it's definitely "series 3, set of 5", though I can see how one might misread that.

Well, there is the Walking Dead set #2 for $33. I just ordered that. Now I have more zombies, and the extra humans are going to be drafted into Starfleet!

And, notice how they have several items just below the $22 mark, but nothing just above.

and that’s why I’ll just wait to order from BBTS.

The products are too old to cancel existing orders from other sources (there’s four or five things I wanted, but nothing that’s not already on my shelf or in my pile of loot) and it looks the LEAST you can pay, despite the $22 cut off, is $32 (unless my math is off or I’m not seeing some magical $5 item) and with $10 shipping I’m spend $20 more then I would just paying for the damned set.

now granted if someone wants more Walking Dead zombies or something it’s a good deal I guess, but for me I’d have to buy a $15 item I don’t want just so I can get a second Thundercats 2 set I sort of do want for custom fodder and the free 3rd set... and this is of course a hazard since there will no doubt be a sale when set 4 comes out and I could purchase a second set 2 then AND a second set 3 then to cover whatever requirements that sale will present...

so yeah, TL;DR: I’m gonna pay full price since I don’t like $22 worth of stuff in the sale.

And, notice how they have several items just below the $22 mark, but nothing just above.

and that’s why I’ll just wait to order from BBTS.

The products are too old to cancel existing orders from other sources (there’s four or five things I wanted, but nothing that’s not already on my shelf or in my pile of loot) and it looks the LEAST you can pay, despite the $22 cut off, is $32 (unless my math is off or I’m not seeing some magical $5 item) and with $10 shipping I’m spend $20 more then I would just paying for the damned set.

now granted if someone wants more Walking Dead zombies or something it’s a good deal I guess, but for me I’d have to buy a $15 item I don’t want just so I can get a second Thundercats 2 set I sort of do want for custom fodder and the free 3rd set... and this is of course a hazard since there will no doubt be a sale when set 4 comes out and I could purchase a second set 2 then AND a second set 3 then to cover whatever requirements that sale will present...

so yeah, TL;DR: I’m gonna pay full price since I don’t like $22 worth of stuff in the sale.

I agree with what you said. However, for me, shipping was $9.30, so it put my total just over $40, so I look at it as buying the Tcats set as I would have anyway, and getting a second WD #2 full set for $20 shipped. Overall it's still a deal, but you have to put the extra cash upfront now.

I agree with what you said. However, for me, shipping was $9.30, so it put my total just over $40, so I look at it as buying the Tcats set as I would have anyway, and getting a second WD #2 full set for $20 shipped. Overall it's still a deal, but you have to put the extra cash upfront now.

(is there a way to clear a quote tree? trying to delete a balloon to keep post space down keeps acting like I hit “back page”)

Okay, actually I lied, I guess there WAS something in the sale I needed... I thought Huntress Bishoujo shipped BEFORE Power Girl and I was waiting on PG for my BBTS order... turns out BBTS hasn’t gotten Huntress yet and she’s on AFX’s sale page.

So remove her from my BBTS pre-order list, add her to my AFX cart and I’m saving $8 on the Thundercats set!

Not a bad deal, and I still need a second mutant set (but that can wait for the TC4 set sale) its still weird there’s no way to spend less then $32 though.