UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU wave 14

Lobsterman

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm excited about Rhino and I hope the new Iron Man gets something new like repulsor rays.

Adam that picture you have of vacation zombie makes me consider buying the exclusive :) its so good!

I'm excited about Rhino and I hope the new Iron Man gets something new like repulsor rays.

Adam that picture you have of vacation zombie makes me consider buying the exclusive :) its so good!

I forgot about Rhino! I've been so focused on Miles the rest of the wave slipped my mind.

And thanks! You should pick the set up! They really did an awesome job on both figures. Don't know if you've checked it out, but I've got more photos and a review written on my blog (just click the picture in my signature) plus my video review is there too. Sorry, I have to entice!

Really looking forward to more Alpha Flight. I just read the recent AF series by Pak, Van Lente and Eaglesham and it got me in the mood for more (even though Heather does not fare very well in that book).

Honestly, I'm so sick of Iron Man in that armor that I don't think even a new Rhino is enough to make me get that pack (although I say that now...). I don't read the Ultimate books, so I've no feeling for Miles, and no need for another Ultimate Cap. Storm is one of my least favorite characters, and I already have her in the one look I like (Mohawk), and a new mask for Havok is not enough incentive to get me to buy that set.

This will be the first wave I don't pick up all of in some time as I have no interest in Ultimate stuff. Rhino looks beautiful though!

Have you read Ultimate Spiderman (Miles Morales)? I think it's my favorite comic book being published these days.

I forgot, did Zach mention that the Spidey will also have a 2nd head that is the mask? Or was that my wishful thinking? I don't like slip-on masks...

With talk elsewhere in this forum, it makes me wish for an extra head piece for all slip-on mask characters. It would allow different options for display and possibly encourage a double buy from people to display both. All Spidermen (edpecially potential one-offs like Miles and Iron) and most Iton Men (Herioc and Worthy) would be greatly improved by this. I would not even mind seeing it once or twice with Cap, DD, or Iron Fist.

Make it happen, DST! :thumbsup:

This wave is all about Rhino for me. I bet he'll look great kicking up the dust from the Haggar/Hulk pack!

Zach, any chance that piece will be included w/ Rhino? Please!?!?!?

I'll check and see!

Zach. Do you have... anything to add to this thread?

No samples yet. I think I saw some on Robert's desk, I'll ask on Monday.

I forgot, did Zach mention that the Spidey will also have a 2nd head that is the mask? Or was that my wishful thinking? I don't like slip-on masks...

Not that I know of. Have we ever done that?

With talk elsewhere in this forum, it makes me wish for an extra head piece for all slip-on mask characters. It would allow different options for display and possibly encourage a double buy from people to display both. All Spidermen (edpecially potential one-offs like Miles and Iron) and most Iton Men (Herioc and Worthy) would be greatly improved by this. I would not even mind seeing it once or twice with Cap, DD, or Iron Fist.

Make it happen, DST! :thumbsup:

I can't imagine how many people would buy two figures just to display one with a masked head and one with a slip-on masked head. It's something to think about, though.

Not that I know of. Have we ever done that?

Best Of Spidey has a head block mask with an alternate Peter head block. With more alt head blocks showing up lately (Beardy Thor, Green Goblin, Sin Eater, etc) I was kind of hoping it was the start of a new trend...

These are all great looking figures coming out . . . but i wonder if maybe we could have seen the selling power of SpiderMan & Cap used to release a more B character in two separate packs, rather then both together? SpiderMan & Puma, then Cap & Madame Hydra or some such.

Still - very very excited about more Alpha Flight & OutBack X-Men :)

I have been selling off older minimates when I get newer better versions. I am super excited for this new Rhino but I am not sure I can get rid of my old Rhino as he was in the TRU box set of the first minimates I ever bought! This will be a good wave though, excited for more Alpha Flight!