UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

A Nervous WIP

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice Death Dealer Nervous. Those are some very nice parts. What was the recipie? I see Ares' boots, but other than that, the rest looks new. Customized parts?

Hey Thanks guys, glad you like him. I was wondering if the paintjob was too "weathered" looking, and maybe go back and do a cleaner classic paintjob.

Here is an unpainted look.

-I used wasp's helmet, heavily modified with miliput. also the horns are miliput

-The belt and loin cloth were sculpted, and little jewels were put in.

-The axe was a mashup of ares' axe blade, a brown lego pole all smushed and scrathed up, and a cylon knife edge for the bottom

-ares' boots

-straps are miliput

-cape is from a knight figure (I think from chronicles of narnia)

-shoulder armor is from brickforge.com shoulder pauldrons diiferent from the ones in the picture

post-21-1264363842_thumb.jpg

post-21-1264363719_thumb.jpg

Great job - a strong custom to come back to the boards with. Fantastic work with sculpting pieces.

Personally, I like the weathering and metallic effects on the figure. It rare to see that much paint detail on a Minimate, and really helps him stand out.

Unfortunatelly I'm not familiar with Frazetta's stuff, but the details on that creepy guy are brilliant! Well done. That's how they might have sold more Lord of the Rings mates!

hey thanks everyone for the compliments! I had a lot of fun making this dude, and more frazzetta mates are in the works....hoipefully be done before next year ;)

Hey Bob, here is a death dealer gallery, and there are more galleries on the main page....the conan stuff is great!

Death Dealer paintings

I don't live too far from his museum, and got to see these suckers up close, and they are amazing in person.

Thanks Boyd, I wanted to go buckwild with the painting on this. But... when I was done, I just hoped it wouldn't be mistaken for being too messy looking.

• 5 months later...

Hey Gang, me again, with a custom of some sorts. a custom base anyway. This is a little stand for our little travelling buddy Frodo. It is made from an old mega bloks piece for the base, and some official, and custom made lego parts for flair.

maybe this will get me back on track with customs again, I have had so many setbacks andreal world junk going on, and it is back and forth on whether or not I can even continue collecting, let alone customizing.I know, blah, blah, blah..... here is the picture :P

dscn5462.jpg

• 1 year later...

Wow, it has been awhile for a nervous update, I never thought i'd drop to the 6th page :confused: In the middle of doing some major stuff, I stopped to play around with some new mates, and parts. to my surprise, a pretty cool (IMO) quick custom started to develop. I'm calling this guy "The Crusader". Hope you enjoy :biggrin: This is 100% part swaps, with the only addition being the gold cross decal I've had laying around for ages.

post-21-0-07434900-1314045131_thumb.png

on another note, I have a handful of finished customs, and another handful that just need paint, and a third handful, or footfull, of stuff i just started working on with sculpting

Wow, he looks really nice. Is he entirely an Arthur/ Movie Thor mash up?

Halfway there... Also the legs and torso from the new m v c stealth iron

man , with the torso turned backwards. Head is from a halo dude, sword from LOTR and cross is from the palz line

Glad you dig it!

forgot the gloves are random black gloves, i forgot who they were from

Edited by Nervous

• 2 months later...

Hey Gang!

I got a few quick customs, and a few kinda quick customs I'd like to show, before I fall into the third page again. I am also glad that my basic one custom a year trend is stopping pretty fast, as I have a whole bunch of stuff coming in the next weeks....but not all at once (more on that later)

First is Hawkman, I have had this done since I got my second Angel mate, so its been laying around for some time, just didnt think it was worth posting by itself. I made little tabs that fit into the wings, and his back, so they can go on and off like the other ones.

post-21-0-71925800-1321568171_thumb.jpg

Next is Thor. until I get the new cape setup from the new Thor mates, this is my thrown together Thor I have been using in my (very small) display. Just bits of different Thor parts , and maybe a different face, not sure.

post-21-0-33575400-1321568183_thumb.jpg

Next is just a pic of some easy part swapping... It is kind of a "What if...?" I'm calling them the "Fear Foundation" more to come, as I make some new ones up.:tongue:

post-21-0-77850800-1321568194_thumb.jpg

Next, is another crusader custom. This one uses the gold Arthur armor, I painted in black, and went over with some "rub'n'nbuff" for the worn armor look. some random black legs, I believe a calico jack face, and some guy named Doom let me borrow his shirt. Cape is from movie loki i think.

post-21-0-58681000-1321568233_thumb.jpg

last, but not least is something I just did a few days ago. Head, and legs from ALICE, the arms from the MvC girl, the waistcloth from my parts box, lol, and the rest isn't too tough to figure out. As soon as I saw the ALICE legs, it made me want to make an Amy Brown (I think thats her name) inspired faerie. I'm calling her "Punk Faerie"

post-21-0-67043000-1321568190_thumb.jpg

well, I hope you enjoy, much more to come very, very soon.