UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates wave 47: Outback X-Men

MINI_MYTE

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got my set in yesterday, and I have to say - this is why I collect minimates! Not only are the X-Men my favorite, but the fact that they even got to these more obscure looks and characters - awesome!

And the accessories - there was so many extra things in the trays! Colossus with 4 extra hands! An extra chest piece, feet, boot cuffs, and still they put a stand in for him? Two custom hands for Longshot! Extra arms and hair for Dazzler for both looks! With so many toy lines cutting back on extras (looking at you, Marvel Legends.....) it's great to see a line that really does care about fans and giving a great value.

Thanks!

By the way, this has been our best selling series of all time. I ordered what I thought was a crazy amount when they were first solicited - the highest I have ever ordered - and the preorders sold out before our shipment even arrived. I have had to go back to Diamond 3 times already for more cases.

Wow, congrats Luke, and congrats to DST. And jeers to all the comic book stores (including one near me that usually carries Minimates) that passed on these. I'm afraid that a lot of stores that have been hit or miss in ordering Minimate waves have driven a lot of us to simply order from a few selected online retailers. But I'm all for anything that helps Luke out.:thumbsup:

Again, glad that I caught it! :)

I think some of the paint got dried in those joints, actually. Some of my Brood had no issues, but of the ones that did have that problem... yeah, that's what it was. I did the whole careful jostle and dunked 'em in hot water and they're just fine now.

Also, thanks for the pic compliment! It's my crappy camera on my phone... but I had to post it, even looking lousy as it does, because I'm so excited about this series!

I'm really lookin' forward to my Havok/Storm set to add to these guys. :D

Too late for me, but thanks for posting your advice. I managed to save one of my Brood, but the other has a sheared off post :(

Also, is it just me or is Wolverine far too yellow? The Brood variant colour scheme looks fine, but regular wolvie should be brown and tan, right?

Thanks!

By the way, this has been our best selling series of all time. I ordered what I thought was a crazy amount when they were first solicited - the highest I have ever ordered - and the preorders sold out before our shipment even arrived. I have had to go back to Diamond 3 times already for more cases.

Wonder if it was so popular a wave because it was all X-Men focused...the many options with Colossus and Dazzler alone..or there were a lot of people wanting the Outback X-Men team really badly.

The Colossus was one I was seriously waiting for to complete the 90s Blue/Gold teams (though I would still like to see 90s Forge and Banshee) and at the same time I get all of the Outback team in one swoop is an added bonus.

The Brood is also an amazing example of a great troop builder. I would like another one, but not feeling like buying more Wolverines even though the one I got has bad eyes on his mask, which seems to be a thing among all of them.

Ditto. I got into x-men comics from playing the arcade game and watching the animated series, not the other way around.

Going to date myself by saying this but- my generation (whatever followed generation x'ers, gen d? Gen y? Idk.) think of X-men when they think comics. This generation will have avengers . 90's marketing vs. 2012.

Edited by Jeff

Ditto. I got into x-men comics from playing the arcade game and watching the animated series, not the other way around.

Going to date myself by saying this but- my generation (whatever followed generation x'ers, gen d? Gen y? Idk.) think of X-men when they think comics. This generation will have avengers . 90's marketing vs. 2012.

I actually got into X-Men when I got the Toy Biz Wolverine II for my birthday!

I think the popularity of this wave is more than just being X-Men themed. We had an X-Men themed wave a couple years ago (Hellfire Club army builder wave), and it didn't seem to have this level of success. I think it is that, yes, it is X-Men. But it is also an iconic X-Men wave. Brown Wolvie, iconic Colossus, iconic Rogue (though her hair is a bit too wild for my tastes, I know what they were going for), somewhat iconic, certainly colorful Dazzler, and a great, complex army builder to round it out. And the figures all came out great apart from Wolvie's mask. And the source comics were also great. I knew this wave would be a hit.

Wolverine IS far too yellow, but the working theory is that DST based this figure on the old Secret Wars toy, which had a similar color scheme. I'm gonna ask DST and see if it's true.

Word. Get them to commit to do comic accurate brown Wolvie as he deserves at some point! We all need to pretend that TRU exclusive eyesore brown Wolvie never happened.

Edited by karamazov80

i ran into the broken Brood leg problem, sent an email to DST, apparently there are no replacement parts available :/

Well then, that just sucks enormously. 'Hey kids, we made a toy. It'll break straight out of the box and we're not

going to fix it. But don't worry cos hey, we've got your money now. Mmmm... This Mojito's awesome!'

Can someone post or point to some pictures from the comics that match up to these costumes? I can't find any of Dazzler that matches either version. All the ones I see have only 1 pink leg band and a starburst on the opposite leg. And the only versions I see with a jacket have a very different jacket. Can't seem to find an exact match for Colossus either. In the outback look his wrist bands have yellow trim and his boots are solid red. Can't find any pics that match the yellow boot piece or solid red wrist bands.