UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel 'Best of ' wave

buttheadsmate

Guys, I hate to break this to you, but if they've repeatedly said they'll never do an all-villain wave, they're not doing an all-woman wave either. I'm not saying I agree with it, but that's the way it will likely always be.

Has anyone mentioned Ghost Rider yet? I know we got one recently, but he still hasn't had that many compared to most major heroes.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really hoping we get a new Luke Cage and Iron Fist in this series. It is also looking like we are likely getting a new Hawkeye and maybe a new Human Torch, but besides that I am not sure but I am definitely super excited to find out. Any chance we may see a lineup at Toy Fair?

I really want a new hobgoblin.

I like the one we have, but since there's been a bit of a shakeup with the identity of the Hobgoblin himself I think they could easily justify a new one.

I wouldn't mind getting a series based around some of Dan Slott's Spider-Man work.

At all? I think all eight characters have been guessed, although the specific looks might shock and amaze.

Will people here be disappointed by some? Most assuredly. But again, this is not a line designed for long-time collectors, or retailers who have been ordering every assortment. So if you see a figure similar to one that has been made recently, keep in mind that not everyone in the world bought that figure.

No villains? Awww, I was rooting for a Classic Ultron. Hopefully we get classic Hawkeye and and a Marvel NOW! Capt. Marvel, those're on my list. I would also welcome an Iron Fist.

Will people here be disappointed by some? Most assuredly. But again, this is not a line designed for long-time collectors, or retailers who have been ordering every assortment. So if you see a figure similar to one that has been made recently, keep in mind that not everyone in the world bought that figure.

Wave 17 Hawkeye?

So all heroes some from the fan have made it in, so any of these...

Luke Cage (modern)

Multiple Man (Classic)

Team X Wolverine

Iron Man 2020

Hydro Armor Iron Man

Bulked up grey hulk

Extra rocky mutated thing

I think a Sue (blue/black costume) or Johnny or both are likely and I would love an ionic purple wonder man

Wave 2 did not do any characters they did in wave 1 if they do the same here out of the fan poll that would leave just luke cage & mutliple man

Edited by winkerbean

Two of those, Winkerbean.

I should clarify, the line-up is decided by us AND the sales team, who are looking to create something a retailer will be able to sell to a broad audience. So recognizeable characters and outfits. 4 out 8 have been in Best-Of before, and their outfits this time around, while different, are still recognizable forms of that character.

Also, one is transforming.

Edited by DSTZach

Time to throw my hat into the speculation mix.

Luke Cage (preferaby Jeff Parker T-Bolts era)/Iron Fist (preferably white costume or classic)

Grey Hulk (he is a simple repaint and could be the transforming mate)/A new Moon Knight perhaps? He is getting a new solo (for which I am BEYOND excited!) and he has a new suit

Spider-Man 2099/Hobgoblin (Urich was technically a "good" guy for a while)

A new Hawkeye or Surfer (based on Allred's SS artwork)/Quentin Quire (probably not but oh well)