UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walking Dead Minimates!

funkguerilla

I'm confused by the BBTS picture. Probably a bit because although I followed the comic up to the introduction of Michone, and I don't remember much if anything (a few plot points here and there). So my Walking Dead knowledge is show oriented, and I can't figure out who is Tyrese according to the bbts.

The pictured fisherman minimate appears to be "Dale". The zombie woman looks like a zombie Andrea, but she is still alive in the show and I can't remember her dying in the comics. Is Tyrese = T-dog?

As dj87 already pointed out, Tyrese isn't T-Dog. Tyrese's first appereance is pretty early after the group leaves their place over at Atlanta. Let's not spoil anything so here come the black bars:

The group meets him on the streets with his daugther and her boyfriend. He's a strong but sensible man and gets very close to Carol in the beginning. For a long time he's Rick's best friend and right hand man and a very helpful guy. Later Carol breaks up with him and he falls in love - kind of - with Michone.

I won't say anything else about him, but since you mentioned you followed the comic up to Michone's introduction, this might be stuff you've already read. All in all he's one of my favorite characters, so I'm really looking forward to get him as a 'mate.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been awhile since I've bought a case and I doubt I will on these. Depends on how money is for me at the time. I know I'll buy at LEAST 2 full sets, though. When it's closer to time I'll do the math and see if it'd be most cost efficient to just get a case. I hope there'll be different parts to customize 'em and make 2 different zombies out of 1 figures parts.

Luke, you better get working on more generic zombie decals! :)

Yes now that I have concrete examples of the style these will be following, you can expect a new Zombie Sticker Kit in the next few months. :)

Also we will be offering these by the case like we do with the Marvel releases.

cases of the walking dead minimates and more zombie decals.I love hearing good news when i get home from work :biggrin: .

Luke, you better get working on more generic zombie decals! :)

Yes now that I have concrete examples of the style these will be following, you can expect a new Zombie Sticker Kit in the next few months. :)

Also we will be offering these by the case like we do with the Marvel releases.

And I'll be taking a case or 2 off your hands.

God help me when the TRU wave comes out as I'll be collecting doubles of all of these.

Not easy when you live in the UK... now I know how BHM feels!

I think if anything this line will succeed because people are wanting merchandise and the it sounds like most are disappointed with the way McFarlane has handled these.

That describes me to a T. McFarlane really dropped the ball with this property. Sure, he's dropped the ball in the past but this time he dipped it in liquid nitrogen and threw it on the asphalt. I don't believe the guy ever really had a childhood involving toys worth reliving.

So I'm pretty stoked about DST offering 'mates based on the comic. I love the TV series, too, so I'm hopeful that there's room for both eventually, especially if the show is what's driving the business. Speaking of which, a Minimate-scaled R/V would rock.

I'm excited just to be getting new hats- especially the baseball cap on Glenn. The only other 'mate that had one was Chef Duff- the most impossible 'mate to track down.

Again, I have 2 MOSC. Haven't been able to move them.

PM sent.

Tyreese is one of, if not the, best African American male character I've ever read.

T-Dawg is a useless, "token black guy." I hate him. And people are still calling him "T-Dawg"? Seriously? You can't tell people your real name? Apocalypse situation and they're using a moronic nickname? :rolleyes:

I want Tyreese in the show, but I'm too scared they'd treat him as poorly as nearly every other character.

If they make him an inmate at the prison...just f*** that show. <_<

The show had so much potential, and was off to a great start, but IMO, it's garbage.

The books are so amazing (again, IMO), and I'm ecstatic that those versions are the Minimates we're getting.

I just watched the whole of season 2 yesterday and today and I have to say that show went to shit fast. The finale was all forced action because of the lack of action in the rest of the season and Rick at the end of the episode was just a piece of crap. At no point did I want him being alive. Anyways, minimates are cool. And totally agree on the Tyreese thing, TEN. They screw him up, then I'm just going to be insanely scared for the hatchet job they do to Abraham. Also, when Andrea and this Darryl person end up banging, do not come crying to me.

You know, because I'll have killed myself. Because of it.

Edited by The Geohound

The show certainly has serious faults if you are a stickler for it following the books. The first few episodes almost followed the books to the letter, but has since moved into a very different dynamic. I prefer the books, but am still giving the show a chance. Its frustrating sometimes because Shane lived too long, IMO. Dale should not have died yet and yeah, the T-dawg/Tyreese thing is confusing. Yet, I am not giving up on the show. It has a few things I do like better than the books. I like the Daryll character (not in book), I like the Andrea of the show much better than the book version (bumping uglies with Dale?! Wierd), I think that Hershel in the show is much more complex and interesting than Hershel in the book. All this is just my humble opinion, so don't take it for any kind of fact, but don't give up yet. The last episode gave us Michonne (awesome character) and the prison scenario. Next season should open up nicely and who knows whats going to be done with Woodbury & the (a-hole) Governor...

Minimates? I am buying for sure.

Aside from it not hewing very closely to the books, I don't understand the animosity for the show. I'll grant that T-Dawg has been a grossly mishandled character, and the CDC episode was a misfire, but otherwise, I think they've done a good job making entertaining television that follows the spirit of the books.

I think the decision to keep Shane in the mix for so long made the group dynamic a lot more interesting to watch. Whether you liked his character or not, he had conviction, and it forced Rick to really step up and take control of the group because he had a personal stake in being the alpha. As opposed to his early conflict with Tyrese in the books, where it was a top-level conflict over who was in charge, his conflict with Shane had another layer, in which they competed for the respect of Lori and Carl.

I was also bummed that Dale died when he did, but I think I understand why they did it. With Dale arguing for civilized behavior and Shane simply doing whatever was necessary to survive/further his own goals, they were like the metaphorical "angel and devil" on Rick's shoulder, always providing him with a template against which he could measure his own decisions. Now that they, along with the safe home base of the farm (also representing comfortable social norms from before the zombies), have been taken out of the equation, Rick's being forced to start making decisions removed from any moral context. It was an inflection point in his character development, and I suspect it's going to make them moving into the prison a lot more psychologically weighty than it was in the books. It the show, he's having to harden a lot more quickly than the rest of the group, so people aren't going to be as comfortable with the morally questionable calls he makes – in the books, it felt like everyone got to that mental place around the same time, so everyone was basically cool with him becoming a hard-ass. I think this out-of-sync development is going to keep the group dynamic interesting.

I can forgive straying from the source material, as much as it irks me. In fact, in certain instances, I've liked it better (moreso in other adapations, but I digress).

But I feel that it is very poorly written.

All of the characters are very similar, and they're neither believable nor sympathetic.

The Sophia nonsense could've been at the most three episodes, and yet it was half the season, and the payoff was terrible. And it was far from the worst plot point, either.

I'm having a hard time finding anything particularly redeeming about anyone, especially Glenn, who's my favorite character, and who started off amazingly, but has devolved into the same, whiny, illogical moron as everyone else.

And the whining, dear gods, the whining. I am sick of it. It's believable in the books. Someone b****es, for good reason, is smacked and told to quit it, and they go "you're right, I'm being an idiot" and they stop. It's annoying in the show. It never ends, it's always about the same things over and over and over again, and no one is ever level-headed or reasonable.

X-Men First Class was a great movie, because it was written very well, despite it being an unbelievably sh***y adaptation. I do not feel that this is a good television show anymore (and Kirkman writing the worst episode of the series just baffles me).

Again, all just my opinion.

None of this has to do with the Minimates. I don't care about your opinions on the TV show. Please try and post this stuff in the proper place. Tv Show and Comic are two different entities. We're lucky there even is a TV with Zombies. If don't like it, don't watch it. So much venting and complaining, jeez. I suppose this is what the internet is for.-I learned that from Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

Don't be Negative Nancies, be Voluptuous Vickies

well said Wookie.

also, if anyone does feel the need to kill themselves because of something that happens on a television program, please do go for it. Then you'll have no need (way) to post on here.

There is no way you are going to talk about the minimates without discussing the books or show. Get over it.

Seriously. That's like discussing Wave 44 without the Perez era or 45 without the movie.

No issues with people ranting about the show. It has it's ups and downs, i still enjoy it, but i respect everyone else's opinions and it doesn't hurt the Minimate discussion at all.

I know it's been said, but I'm re-saying it to get us back on track. I am looking more forward to the characters than the zombies in the wave. These zombies have nothing on Maximum Zombies (brain ice cream?) I am not NOT looking forward to these. Just... the zombies are the turd in the glorious lineup. Things I am looking forward to? Weapons! We haven't had great guns since wave 8. Everything else has been so tiny, or doesn't fit.

I know it's been said, but I'm re-saying it to get us back on track. I am looking more forward to the characters than the zombies in the wave. These zombies have nothing on Maximum Zombies (brain ice cream?) I am not NOT looking forward to these. Just... the zombies are the turd in the glorious lineup. Things I am looking forward to? Weapons! We haven't had great guns since wave 8. Everything else has been so tiny, or doesn't fit.

What, the old Magnum-style handgun?? Just curious as to why; i didn't like it then and i don't like it now. Preferred guns are the new "go-to" ones that started with Blackhawk, or the great one that Nathan Drake has. The Magnum always looks too blocky and cartoony to me.

I get the disdain for the WD zombies though; MAX WERE great, they were just very kitsch. In the MAX world they're certainly possible, but i guess i like my zombies more "normal" if you can call a zombie that. Then again, this line is all about the survivors for me, much like the series.

Zach, has any thought been given to Carl?? Would you all be able to use the old Father's Day prototypes, but maybe with a normal head to make him look childish, and wear Rick's hat?