UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walking Dead Minimates!

funkguerilla

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a lot of material left to be mined, but in a recent Q&A, Chuck said there will be 3 waves per year: one for each half season of the show and one over the summer. I expect TRU wave 4 will compliment Wave 4, hopefully with some characters that have been prominent in show and the comic so far. Maggie, Axel, Thomas, and plain clothes Tyreese would each be welcome. Abraham would be cool in Wave 5.

As for Glen (and I hate to be a downer and hopefully this will make people's lives easier), but he's still going to be the TRU exclusive, so he shouldn't be much easier to find than the first one. At best, overall demand for the character will be down, but the numbers and availability won't otherwise be any better.

The Series 4 TRU exclusives will complement the specialty figures in that the specialty assortment is FULL of new characters, so the TRU sets can kick back and relax. They're still pretty cool figures, but there aren't any new characters, that I am aware of.

And I will remind everyone that while yes, Gleen will be popular, and TRU figures are not available as readily as specialty figures, as far as NUMBERS go, usually a short-packed TRU figure is still more common than any specialty figure. Not sure the heightened TWD numbers still bear that out, but I'm fairly certain Glen has been and will be numerous. He's just insanely popular, and part of a fairly popular line of Minimates.

I wonder if they're working on releasing another 4 pack with amazon. It certainly held me over while waiting for wave 2

No plans that I know of! But we're looking at ways of adding to the line.

There are some really solid waves coming up this Spring and Summer. But I can't help but wonder what we're going to be seeing for the latter part of the year, too. I have read way passed the prison sequence, and I am so curious to hear what figures we might be seeing from later in the story. How about Abraham? He has become quite a prominent character, pretty much taking the place of Tyreese. Maybe even Father Gabriel, or Douglas Monroe? There are plenty of bit characters from the Community which could be made into Mates. I wonder if Zach can shed any light on future waves. Hint, hint.

We haven't really started work on Series 5 yet. Partially waiting to see what storylines the next season of the show will reference, partially catching up on later issues. We've talked about the key characters we still need to do, though.

DST Marketing Supervisor Zombie definitely has a better ring to it than Vest Zombie.

Keep in mind, all zombies are based on specific comic zombies. That guy is actually in issue 34. He may have been a marketing supervisor when he was alive, who can say.

Zach, I want trying to be too critical, but the reality is that Glenn #2 won't be more numerous than Glenn #1. Unless demand drops (or overall production increases) I don't see any reason to expect Glenn to be any easier to find. And it's worth pointing out that production numbers and availability aren't the same thing. I've had zero problem getting the lcs short packs. They're easily available. The TRU exclusives, however, were much more difficult to find despite their higher numbers because of TRU's own in-house issues.

• 3 weeks later...

Zach, I want trying to be too critical, but the reality is that Glenn #2 won't be more numerous than Glenn #1. Unless demand drops (or overall production increases) I don't see any reason to expect Glenn to be any easier to find. And it's worth pointing out that production numbers and availability aren't the same thing. I've had zero problem getting the lcs short packs. They're easily available. The TRU exclusives, however, were much more difficult to find despite their higher numbers because of TRU's own in-house issues.

So... what are you arguing, that Glenn won't be easier to find, or that Glenn won't be more numerous than an LCS figure? Because I only said he would be more numerous, and that is reality. I'm sorry you think he won't be easier to find. Hopefully people who bought the first Glenn won't buy the second Glenn, and you will have a better shot.

me wants my Governor minimate, what's the estimated release date?

Not sure when Series 4 will be out. Summer?

Hopefully people who bought the first Glenn won't buy the second Glenn, and you will have a better shot.

Imagine if this logic was applied to Marvel mates. mellow.png

So that's why I keep seeing all those Gamma Hulks/Hulkbuster sets pegwarming. Everyone already had an Iron Man and Hulk! :)

Glenn was bald longer then he had hair so the new Glenn will be my default. I look forward to variants of Andrea and obviously Tyrese, and Herschel to get regular clothes, and variants of Michonne and Glenn in prison clothes. We still need Carl bad, Sofia and Maggie, can anyone else think of other important characters unmade from early on? Jim? I don't know.

I think that having Glenn in an LCS set would make me feel like I would be guaranteed one. I order from Luke and I know if I preorder I will have it where with TRU since I didn't get the first Glenn or Shane, and I'm scared I won't get Airwalker and Firelord, I just much rather see him at an LCS wave. Please put Carl in the LCS wave with those awesome new kid limbs :) and his hat, thanks.

I look forward to variants of Andrea and obviously Tyrese, and Herschel to get regular clothes, and variants of Michonne and Glenn in prison clothes. We still need Carl bad, Sofia and Maggie, can anyone else think of other important characters unmade from early on? Jim? I don't know.

The twins. The RV. Bicycle Zombie. Carol's husband, Herschel's other family members, Axel, Preggers Lori (unless the wave 4 one comes with an alternate look, hint hint ;) ), Rick with phone. Duane.

Carol's husband was never in the book, but I do like Duane. The twins you could just buy two sets of the one but I don't know who would want those lil bastards. Has Zach said anything about the RV as a vehicle? It would be really big. Herschel's son Shawn (the one who got qc'ed with Ryu hair) would be cool (so would his zombie son) but yeah Axel! He's the best right Tenime? I'm ready for the next volume of characters like Abe or maybe even Jesus.

The most important characters missing up through the end of the prison arc are probably Carl, Sophia, Maggie, Axel, Billy, and Martinez. I want them all though, so I hope we see Allen, Donna, the twins, Jim, and everyone else from the farm and the prison. I won't complain about getting character from after that point, though.