UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walking Dead Minimates!

funkguerilla

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Manga (Spider-Claw if you must) Spider-man

Yes please. :wub: I'd kill for a Spidey/Black cat/MJ/IM box set. I love the Marvel Mangaverse on its own, but it was also a great moment in my teenage years. For... several reasons...

374830-newmangaverse134od.jpg

:unsure: (that sounded grosser than I meant)

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

John Connor. James Howet. Robin.

are these three supposed to be examples of successful child minimates? if so, try again, everyone either shortened their John or said “I wish Luke’s mod was the official version”, no one likes James, and Robin is bigger then Batman.

if they’re examples of children made the size of adults we’re just supposed to be deal with then yeah, those sure are adult sized kids, good point! (also note John and Robin do NOT have shortening feet, Robin’s feet are the same weird ‘fairy bootie’ Harley Quinn and Deadman use. and John’s feet are a reuse of Future Marty McFly Jr’s feet which are also used on the adult sized Jogger Ghost... so those two aren’t even ‘attempts at child sized’ mates they’re just giant children.)

To contribute here’s my idea for three (5?) new parts that could make a decent enough child sized minimate WHILE KEEPING the swappability and articulation of the 2inch mates:

post-1897-0-30878000-1341986831_thumb.pn

A smaller torso block, designed to be no wider then that of the hip piece(so belts can be reused) will greatly reduce height and overall mass, Completing the look would be a new set of shins and forearms.

Why shorten the shins?! The shortened shins would give ‘slipper’ feet height (it would still have the weird ‘feet in the shins’ look unfortunately) but it would GAIN the C3 hole and the ability to change shoes the slipper feet currently lack. Shortened arms are to keep them proportional, current slipper mates look like apes since the arms are too long (speaking of which, where’s my Rise of the PotA minimates!!! New Goblin and Gollum aren’t cutting it anymore!)

I don’t think any of those pieces are too dramatic a change NOR without president (BIG characters have taken to using an I-crotch instead of a T-crotch, why not a new ‘slim’ torso for tiny characters and we’ve been seeing many mates with sculpted shins, thighs, forearms, or shoulders, so it’s not like the arms/legs can’t be changed for design purposes when needed.) Plus I just want to add making these new piece can lead to following reusues:

-Puck again in a TRU 2-pack with whatever Alpha member doesn’t make it into Alpha Flight Box Set 2

-Manga (Spider-Claw if you must) Spider-man

-Ultimate Spider-man

-Black Ultimate Spider-man

-Symbiote Ultimate Spider-man

-Wolverine

-Wolverine!

-Wolverine!!

-Wolverine!!!

shortened minimates: too logical NOT to make

edit: crap, James Franco was NEW Goblin not Green Goblin, STUPID! I’m so stupid...

Winner winner chicken dinner. Awesome design. Send this to Robert stat so he can bludgeon Chuck into submission with the idea.

From Chuck:

-Walking Dead specialty preorders easily blow away recent Marvel specialty preorders.

-Will have direct market waves as well as TRU waves (similar to Marvel where TRU gets repacks and exclusives)

-Some retailer in the UK ordered enough Walking Dead sets that they will be able to carry them in the UK (they don't get minimates directly from Diamond anymore, I think? I forgot what the deal was).

As a UK'er....... What the frakk!!!

Edit

I bet its FP (would be cool if toys'r'us get them)that have ordered loads of these i'll get some to help the UK market....... Still probably cheaper from Luke, he can have my money anyday

Edited by winkerbean

From Chuck:

-Some retailer in the UK ordered enough Walking Dead sets that they will be able to carry them in the UK (they don't get minimates directly from Diamond anymore, I think? I forgot what the deal was).

That is perhaps the best news that I could have possibly heard since I began Project Buttheadsmate in 2007.

If the Walking Dead license can fuel the long-dormant Minimate market in this country then I will be bloody ec-f*cking-static. It's likely to be 4Plan who'll be selling these & whether I like them or not they have immense influence on the Sci-Fi market in the UK . I had hoped that Dr.Who would have been the UK Minimate springboard but alas that was not to be but whatever licence does it for this wonderful toy-line .....I'll be over the lunar orb.

Wonderful wonderful news . :woot: The timing is perfect.

edit : BTW I'll still be getting all mine from Luke :thumbsup:

Edited by buttheadsmate

Watch the comic spoilers, please. Some of us only read in trades, and won't hit issue 100 for a couple months.

I second this. As a new reader, I've only gotten past 50 or so issues. After all the depressing stuff that happened up to that point, I had to take a break and read something uplifting, so I read Preacher. Now I have to get back to WD to catch up, and I've been avoiding potential spoilers up to this point.

Watch the comic spoilers, please. Some of us only read in trades, and won't hit issue 100 for a couple months.

I second this. As a new reader, I've only gotten past 50 or so issues. After all the depressing stuff that happened up to that point, I had to take a break and read something uplifting, so I read Preacher. Now I have to get back to WD to catch up, and I've been avoiding potential spoilers up to this point.

I love that Preacher is the uplifting book in this case. :lol:

I'd say this is a reasonable request, if Tenime was asking us not to spoil something that was published over a year ago I'd say it was fair game & his job to avoid them.

Does a 6 month or "current arc" spoiler tag warning sound about right for comics?

T.

I'd say this is a reasonable request, if Tenime was asking us not to spoil something that was published over a year ago I'd say it was fair game & his job to avoid them.

Does a 6 month or "current arc" spoiler tag warning sound about right for comics?

T.

6 months seems to be what we usually limited ourselves to anyways. That's about standard from the big screen to DVD, and issues to trades, right? :thumbsup:

Have I mentioned that I missed you? :P

T.

I agree, but others tend not to. In fact, if you go to the beginning of this thread you'll see a big discussion about if Rick losing a hand is considered a spoiler.

We won't say anymore & you probably should'nt look in the comics thread for a while :)

Thank you, and I wouldn't. :) If I go looking for it, it's my fault. If someone puts it in front of my face, it's theirs.

Like Wizard magazine plastering half a page with a picture of

Lori's death

so I saw it even just briskly flipping through the magazine. I didn't even read the description because the picture was bad enough. <_<

Or Entertainment Weekly using the header

SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE

the week after the book came out. I only watched the movies, but even if I'd wanted to read the books, a week is hardly past the statute of limitations. <_<

As for the six month thing, Walking Dead seems to come out in collected format faster than any other comic I've read, so that should be fine.

So, for the next six months from this past Wednesday, everybody has to shut up about it in the toy thread? :lol:

Call me crazy but I've never been able to understand the anti-spoiler mentality. So what if I know that popular character dies or that the butler did it? It isn't one pivotal moment that makes a story worth reading or a movie worth watching it is the act of reading or watching the complete story take place, allowing me to get a better view of the whole story, that is what really matters. After all the ending of the first Walking Dead trade was a complete shock to me even though I knew what was coming.