UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Worthy and the Mighty

gambitron

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does he wear a different armour to the grey one he has on in the prototype?

no, i think he means he hopes the mate has sculpted armor rather then a vanilla mate, though i feel if detailed enough, a vanilla mate is perfect for that look, though maybe some sculpted spikes or helmet would be nice

I think you are thinking of the "Thorbuster" armor, Nate. Shapewise it was really similar, but in traditional red and yello...er... gold.

• 2 weeks later...

those look awesome :D spiderman, hawkeye and odin are all great, i hope Ironman comes with some cool accessory because he seems a little bland :/ Sin is looking cool, i cant wait to see the other Worthy :D

• 2 weeks later...

Undeadpool beat me to it! A lot of changes to the figures -- Iron Man has a helmet now, and I finally saw Hawkeye's arrows and Odin's staff. So, so awesome. Here's some just for you guys:

mightytray.jpg

worthytray.jpg

boxes.jpg

Oh, and IM wears his helmet in the box, his hair goes down by Hawkeye, I just got excited.

Edited by Zach Oat

WOWEE WOW.

First, Zach, let me just say: I LOVE the boxes. The colors pop, and the lack of Spider-man, like The Heralds or AvX sets, really add to the design. Please, more like this. Excellent work there.

Loving Hawkeye; the energy arrows are a very cool and entirely unexpected surprise. The mask could be better, but it isn't horrible. Nice to have a stern Clint face too.

Really the entire Mighty set looks great. Odin and his staff are fantastic, i really like the matte look to Spider-man, and Tony Stark's face and hair are perfect.

Worthy i'm not too sold on yet. Loving the Hammers, and Serpent looks really great, but the rest are just...odd. Gargoyle does not translate well and Ben looks...unbalanced?

So yeah, Mighty is likely a buy for Hawkeye, but the Worthy might stay on the shelf.

Worthy i'm not too sold on yet. Loving the Hammers, and Serpent looks really great, but the rest are just...odd. Gargoyle does not translate well and Ben looks...unbalanced?

So yeah, Mighty is likely a buy for Hawkeye, but the Worthy might stay on the shelf.

I wouldn't judge the set based on one quick tray shot. I'm not even sure all the parts are on tight in that pic. But I'm gonna shoot those next. Haven't really even had the chance to play with any of them except Skadi, and I love her to bits.

Iron Man has a helmet now,

I’m sad now... still a nice set, but it would have been nice to have a plan vanilla Iron Man normally okay with sculpting and add-on pieces but I really like the look Bleeding Edge with Hulk Buster head and was hoping to get another Iron Man like it...

so just :( on Iron man... :woot: for everyone else but :( Iron Man

I've been thinking about getting The Worthy for Odin, but Spider-Man, Iron Man and Hawkeye sold it for me. The fact you can pose Hawkeye PULLING BACK THE BOWSTRING is enough for me to say:

tumblr_m52nfsSJkO1r0ntbq.jpg

These sets look great, but two things:

The Thing's feet DO look extremely off balanced. Hope that's one of the "not on completely tight" parts Zach was talking about.

And secondly, anybody else think Tony's face looks kind of familiar?

532155_424408984270031_669167868_n.jpgfig1072f2lg.jpg

And secondly, anybody else think Tony's face looks kind of familiar?

Good catch. Personally I don't mind the recycling of portraits because, as in this case, Tony should look like Tony.

And if these sets show up at my comic shop today, my DC vs. Marvel loyalties will surely be tested. I've been waiting for the DC Collectibles Mr. Freeze figure for months and it's finally hitting stores now. I can't afford all this plastic crack this week.