UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

MMMV C2E2 Meetup thread

So i was thinking that we used to have MMMV meet ups at SDCC. The only problem is no one has really been in about 3 years. So I was thinking, what if we all (that can) make a sortied effort to go to C2E2 next year? It's more centralized than the west coast, cheaper, smaller (but not too small) yet large enough that DST goes every year. We'd have a year to plan for it. is this a terrible idea? Is anyone even remotely interested?

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to meet up with some of you guys at some point. . .my wife is actually trying to convince me to do an SDCC trip, though the logistics are a bit tough.

Edited by karamazov80

Sadly my current budgets don't stretch to anything as expensive as a Con this year. SDCC was always easy as it used to be within walking distance of where I lived, sadly not any more.

I think I still probably qualify as the person on here that has met more members in person that any other, perhaps Later when I'm not tired I'll try to tally them up for a count.

T.

Well C2E2 this year has past. We're talking C2E2 2012.

And do note that SDCC is on my bucket list as well, but you'd be a fool to plan that without at least 5 grand. You could conceivably pull off a C2E2 trip for a few hundred. If you try and save $30 a month, that's $360 for next year. That should cover the majority of people's expenses, especially if we split rooms. That's sacrificing 1 MM wave a month. Hard, I know. But it is just a thought. I was just thinking it may be cool to have a quasi official first MMMV con.

Hey, we still meet at SDCC. Right outside the DST booth... around giveaway time.

Thankfully, my black eye healed up nicely. :)

Yeah, don't touch my exclusives next time! :tongue:

And we meet up at the Minimates panel at SDCC too. Well, you guys do... I shamefully camp in Hall H on Saturdays, when DST always has the Minimates panel. :confused:

I have to say, though, all Brits here are very popular with the girls at the cons. Just standing next to them still doesn't help me. If Tim-swagger and Rob-musk doesn't help, I don't know what can.

I'm all for the boardies meeting up. *polishes sniper rifle*

The problem with SDCC now is that if you didn't go the previous year, you have about a 20 second window to secure tickets to the next year online. Those who have struck lucky with the TRU exclusives online might be able to pull it off.

I might be able to make C2E2 though. When is it next year, anyway?