UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

MMMV C2E2 Meetup thread

I'm not staying in Chicago itself, and I'm carpooling, so any evening plans are up to my compatriots.

My suggestion is that we meet at the DST booth at noon on Saturday, follow Zach and Chuck like ducklings to the panel at 1:30, sit in the front row, and make faces at them. Well, maybe not that last part. :P

YB, go ahead and bring them. I see no reason not to trade, but I'm sure we'd both like to see the others' (shut up BHM) before we finalize it.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your going to be on the southside of chicago or have a extra time...this is a must stop destination. Some of the best beer in the world....literally.

3 Floyds

I'm going to be there a few weeks after C2E2 for Dark Lord Day! :)

Edited by Ninja Mate

I'm going to be there the weekend before C2e2 for Dark Lord Day! :)

C2E2 is this weekend, did you miss your event? :unsure:

lol....yeah got my dates mixed up, its not until the 28. Should have said "Ill be there in 2 weeks for.." :)

Edited by Ninja Mate

The Chicago Comics and Entertainment Expo (C2E2) runs from April 13-15 this year, and once again Diamond Select Toys (DST) will be in attendance! And since it’s also the 10th anniversary of Minimates, they’ve got some great events planned!

First off, Saturday afternoon will bring a special 10th anniversary Minimates panel, focusing on the coming year. From Marvel’s Avengers to the Walking Dead to Battle Beasts, Diamond Select Toys representatives will share info about DST’s upcoming lines, debut the next stop-motion animated Pirate Raiders movie and give away cool prizes! (1:30 -2:30 PM; Room N427bc)

Second of all, there will be a sweet exclusive figure for sale — our Femme Fatales statue of Lady Death will be made available in an “Alive” version, featuring the legendary comics character when she was brought back to life for a brief time! The 9-inch PVC statue will cost $45, and is strictly limited to 100 pieces. (First come first served, DST Booth, #311)

Third of all, there will be a top-secret Minimates giveaway every day when the show opens! Go to the DST booth first thing when you arrive, because these will go fast, and once they’re gone, they’re gone! There will even be a certain special something given out with each Minimate, but you’ll have to show up to find out what it is! Plus: Free Minimimate posters, a different one every day! (First come first served, DST Booth, #311)

Get regular DST updates on Facebook and Twitter! And for more information about C2E2, visit C2E2.com!

So, how do we ensure that we dominate the booths? :P

So, how do we ensure that we dominate the booths? :P

Bring a lawn chair. We can start the "Occupy the Diamond Booth" movement.

Getting back to Groundhog's question from Monday, my wife & I will be there overnight Saturday, and are down for a get-together.

Up until today there was a small chance I'd be able to take a roadtrip to Chicago this weekend. Since SDCC is now a definite no (for a bunch of reasons). I thought it would be cool to try and get there.for a bunch of reasons. :confused:. I even got the ok from the wife! Have fun gang!, and take lots of photos!

Made it to Chicago today, we already went to Shedd Aquarium, my daughter loved the penguins! :)

I can't promise Battle Beasts to anyone specific, but I did get confirmation from Zach that he his setting aside a prize pack for a future MMMV contest for me. :thumbsup:

The Shedd Aquarium is fantastic! I went there a couple of times as a kid and absolutely loved every minute of it. I'm incredibly jealous of you and your daughter!

I also heartily recommend the Museum of Science & Industry. It was really neat too!

Edited by Mystery Man

Okay guys, been lurking in this thread for quite a while, I live in Chicago so making it to c2e2 should be easy...but its not. I can only make it on Sunday, which is killing me. Sunday is from 10-7pm...what time should I be there? Will there still be BattleBeasts....what do I do!!!_(I!_#(@#

This is my first convention ever, and I'm attending it with my wife and 4 month old. Haha should be a blast, fulfilling a childhood dream and getting a battlebeast!

Anyone have any tips on what time I should get there and anything I should definitely check out?

I think the biggest panel is going to be the Mr McFeeley panel on Sunday. I expect it to be full up, and to be filled with tears.

Fatcow, just go say hi at the DST booth. I'm sure one of us will be there, or Zach and Chuck can point us out as the culprits crew.

I'm not at all fussed about promos,posters or magazines but I am absolutely pumped up about seeing a team-picture of you guys.

I am very much aware of your particular needs to remain anonymous....esp.TM2Dinobot & his FBI issues ,Groundhog & his early....erm...adult-film career & youbastards continuing issues with the IRS....but c'mon guys let's put some faces to the names. Please let's have a picture.

Wait 'til you meet Boyd .....he always insists that that pretty young schoolgirl he's always with is his wife ! I never fell for it & nor will you :no:

All the best,enjoy yourselves & have a drink on me.

-envyheadsmate

Edited by buttheadsmate