UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Unofficial AFX Marvel Boxed Set Poll: Round one!

Bob Harris

What Marvel 4-packs do you want to see AFX pursue in the future?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your 3 most favorite suggestions now! (Please read instructions first!)

• (Women of) The 198
    • Age of Apocalypse
    • AIM
    • Alpha Flight
    • Annihilation
    • Annihilation Conquest
    • Avengers
    • Beetles
    • Brotherhood of Mutants
    • Civil War
    • Civilians
    • Cosmic Pack
    • Crusaders
    • Dark Avengers
    • Deadpool
    • Death of Captain America Box
    • Defenders
    • Eternals
    • Excalibur
    • Exiles
    • Four Horseman
    • Freedom Force
    • Gen X
    • Great Lake Avengers
    • Hand
    • Hellfire Club
    • Hellions
    • Heroes for Hire
    • Herolds of Galactus
    • House of M
    • Howard the Duck
    • Hulk Warbound
    • Hydra
    • Illuminati
    • Immortal Weapons
    • Inhumans
    • Liberty Legion
    • Marvel Monsters
    • Marvel Monsters, Classic
    • Masters of Evil
    • Maximum Carnage
    • MI 13
    • Multiple Man
    • Mutant Liberation Front
    • New Mutants
    • New Warriors
    • Nextwave / H.A.T.E.
    • Runaways
    • Punisher
    • Savage Tales
    • Secret Invasion
    • Secret Wars
    • Separation Anxiety
    • Sgt. Fury & the Howling Commandos
    • Shi'Ar
    • Sinister Six
    • Skrull
    • Squadron Supreme, First Appearance
    • Spectacular Spiderman
    • Starjammers
    • Stepford Cuckoos
    • Summers Legacy
    • Symbiotes
    • Thor
    • Thunderbolts
    • New Thunderbolts
    • Ultimate Alliance
    • Ultimates Boxset, Missing
    • Ultimatum Boxset
    • Ultra Force
    • Villains, Fantastic Four
    • Villains, Iron Man
    • Villains, Spidey
    • Villains, various
    • War of Kings
    • Werewolves of Marvel
    • Wrecking Crew
    • X-Factor
    • X-Factor 80's
    • X-Force
    • X-Force 90's
    • X-Men, 90's
    • X-Men, First Appearance
    • X-Men, Original
    • Young Avengers

The Polls Are Open (at least) until Sunday, March 29th!

How many votes do I have?

You only have three votes on the whole list in that first round!

How do I vote?

Since we created a huge amount of box set suggestions and wishlists for Marvel characters to be minimatereized, now is the time to start voting for your three favorite sets. In this first round you have three votes on the whole list. Please stick to this number of votes although technically the possibility of multiple votes is provided. Please be honset.*

What do I vote on?

In this first round you are voting on Box Sets in general without a particular character configuration. If you need more information on how a particular roster might look like, you can view "The Listâ„¢". It includes all suggested box sets with detailed character line-ups. There will not be any other character arrangements than those up for vote. (So, if you're unsure which characters for instance "Inhumans" might represent, you are able to look it up there. If you really like some particular line-ups listed there, be sure to vote on the "Inhumans" in generall in this poll!)

What happens next?

The Top 15 of this vote will be listed in a second poll. There you will be able to vote for your most desired box set of the reminding top list. You will also be able to vote on a particular character configuration in that second and final round. After that vote we will hopefully have our five most desired box set suggestions to present them to AFX.

What?

For any questions on the whole idea, feel free to (re-)read this thread. Here is the initial prophecy.

Who the dickens are you anyway?

Hej, my name's Bob. Seriously, I just volunteered for organizing that thing and I didn't really know what "organizing that thing" ment in the first place. I'm not patronizing or trying to do anything like that and this whole idea and poll thing isn't binding in any way. But I do hope that this way of presenting the poll is conform to the majority participating in the mentioned thread.

All in all: Have fun! :D

____

* If your not honest, you are a bad person. You'll get a bad conscience and - as a Polish saying indicates - have bad sex in the next 14 years.

Edited by Bob Harris

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please keep in mind that you only have three votes on that list although the poll itself would allow you to vote on every single suggestion!

One honest member already got click-happy expecting the poll to only allow three votes and for that accidently voted for six sggestions and apologized. :P

That means that in the end, one vote for Brotherhood of Mutants, Eternals and Inhumans is invalid and wont count to the final result of that poll.

I went for Young Avengers, New Thunderbolts, and Dark Avengers, but man was that hard. I had started off with 10 and had to narrow it down. It would have been wasier with 5 choices, though...

I just really want Penance, Swordsman, and Songbird figures...

Well, there are 85 choices. With only three votes per person, that's not a love of love to share.

True dat :D I guess I just perceived that there was pretty overwhelming support for that set. Noticing now that there are only 14 votes, though, its too early to know anything, anyway.

It makes me uncomfortable when you watch me run. For the last time, no, you can NOT get fries with that shake.

It seems like it may be hard to have any stand-out victories with so many choices. Also, what is the difference between X-Men, Original and X-Men, First Appearance? Uniform look v. Individual Costume?

Thanks, Bob, for all the hard work.

Edited by Turtle

Wow, SO many choices. And so many that i had suggested & now have to say no to.

So, i've picked Age of Apocalypse, Mutant Liberation Front & Excaliber.

I figure this poll is the best way to get 'Mates we would normally not get a chance at. We've got so many avengers & Spidey sets that i left them both alone & Put my votes to AOA & MLF, because i figure they had the least chance.

And my last vote went to Excaliber, because i figure i should put at least one vote somewhere that it might have a chance of winning.

Come-on guys - let's all get voting and make sure we use this poll to get more unusual 'Mates made, not more Iron Men.

PS: Thanx Bob for the crazy amount of research & effort.

I figure this poll is the best way to get 'Mates we would normally not get a chance at. We've got so many avengers & Spidey sets that i left them both alone

I agree completely. I didn't want to say anything here, but if "Spidey's unreleased foes" ends up getting chosen, then I think that would be a shame. Not that I don't want to see them, but I would be absolutely shocked if we don't get Electro, Lizard, Vulture, etc. anyway. If this is an opportunity to have our voices heard, I say go for something we wouldn't otherwise get! Even if it is :shudder: Age of Apocalypse ;)

I know you didn't ask for character configurations, but here's what I voted for/would want

Alpha Flight (Guardian, Shaman, Puck, Sasquatch)

Wrecking Crew (Wrecker, Thunderball, Piledriver, Bulldozer)

Ultimates Boxset, Missing (Black Widow, Hawkeye, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch)

This was great thanks Bob. For all of us who have made wish lists it was time for us to make a hard decision.

I feel like I was Indian Jones in the Last Crusade when Indie is choosing the Holy Grail and the old Templar says choose wisely. Thankfully none of us can choose unwisely and decay rapidly like the baddie in the movie

Botherhood

Maxium Carnage

Thunderbolts

Just wondering If a person can vote all 3 of their vote selections on one set? If so, should that count as much or are we looking for that kind of weighted vote?

I am just concerned that a few people might vote all 3 of their choices for one set and then that would skew our data for the most wanted character boxset. But I could be wrong.

Just wondering If a person can vote all 3 of their vote selections on one set? If so, should that count as much or are we looking for that kind of weighted vote?

I am just concerned that a few people might vote all 3 of their choices for one set and then that would skew our data for the most wanted character boxset. But I could be wrong.

Don't think it is possible. The poll is set up so that you can vote only one time, and during this vote, you can't choose a given set more than once.