UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Kang the Conqueror discussion

Mirymate

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

since this is the kang thread, can someone (namely miry) clear up the whole "Kang is Reed Richards dad" thing for me? my knowledge of Kang is mainly of imortus, rama tut and iron lad, is he actually reed's dad or is it a coincidence that theres another time traveling genuis named nathaniel richards?

since this is the kang thread, can someone (namely miry) clear up the whole "Kang is Reed Richards dad" thing for me? my knowledge of Kang is mainly of imortus, rama tut and iron lad, is he actually reed's dad or is it a coincidence that theres another time traveling genuis named nathaniel richards?

Iron lad is Nathaniel "Nate" and Mr. Richards is "Nathaniel" as i understand it.

Miry?

Iron lad is Nathaniel "Nate" and Mr. Richards is "Nathaniel" as i understand it.

Miry?

so..."nathaniel" is when hes at peace with being kang and went back in time to have reed? and how do paradox's work in marvel? :P

Yes they are both named Nathaniel Richards, but it's more a case like someone today with the last name Washington naming their son George. Iron Lad/Kang is a descendant of Reed's father. Reed's father Nathaniel Richards is a time traveler and his most extended known stay was at the war torn late 29th century where Popa Nat was instrumental in helping rebuild the society that many, many generations later his namesake would find so boring. And young Nat first descoverd time travel by searching for his ancestor Popa Nat's old lab.

Clear?

Side note... Iron Nathaniel Kang Richards has been shown to be a descendant of Reed's Family through DNA, but also Doom's, indicating that at some point between now and the 30th century the Richards and Von Dooms bury more than the hatchet. (although if you really want your head to hurt, Nathaniel once implied he may have unknowingly fathered Victor when one of his time travel adventures left him wounded and recovring in the Balkans in the recent past (like about Victor's age ago) where he was treated by a mysterious local gypsy with near mystic healing skills, and with whom he shared a night of passion, and could possibly make Victor and Reed half brothers. obviously this has never, ever been confirmed)

Kang originated from Earth-6311, whereas Reed's Pop originated from Earth-616 (the "main" Marvel U). All sorts of craziness overlaps in their histories, though.

Go to the following link and wrap your head around all the craziness you find. :biggrin:

http://marvel.wikia.com/Kang_the_Conqueror

Quick answer: Yes, they both have the same "Nathaniel Richards" name and have time-travelin' goin' on... but they're two alternate people who somebody likely shouldn't have made into having the same name.

Honestly, part of the allure of the character is all the different versions that were out there. He could go from a really bad, bad guy to a noble villain you could almost admire. And because they never identified themselves as which "version" they were, it made for some really great stories. Confusing at times to figure out the history... but great stories. I say were because... well... you should read "Avengers: Forever" found in handy hardcover and trade to find out.

Edited by Mystery Man

Kang originated from Earth-6311, whereas Reed's Pop originated from Earth-616 (the "main" Marvel U). All sorts of craziness overlaps in their histories, though.

Ah yes, but since in the MU, you cann't actually time travel within your own universe Popa Nat could not actually travel forward into the future of his native 616, but rather went to the 29th century of E6311. In the 6311, Popa went native, and fathered a line of desendants that several hundred years later produced his namesake Kang Nat.

I can't believe it... They kept stringing us along all this time. It's a shame he's finally getting made. Now we have nothing left to look forward to. :lol:

We still have Gideon to nag for!

I can't believe it... They kept stringing us along all this time. It's a shame he's finally getting made. Now we have nothing left to look forward to. :lol:

We still have Gideon to nag for!

Gideon will be out in 2022. So somebody better paint a ponytail green and make that custom, stat.

Woohooooo! The end is in sight! 2022 can't come soon enough.

Ah yes, but since in the MU, you cann't actually time travel within your own universe Popa Nat could not actually travel forward into the future of his native 616, but rather went to the 29th century of E6311. In the 6311, Popa went native, and fathered a line of desendants that several hundred years later produced his namesake Kang Nat.

All of this makes my brain itch a little bit.

I thought Franklin Richards has been breaking that rule in FF? Didn't

his future self in the 616 timeline travel back to the current moment to tell himself how to use his powers to beat the celestials?

Edited by Lobsterman

Woohooooo! The end is in sight! 2022 can't come soon enough.

All of this makes my brain itch a little bit.

It can all get pretty confusing at times and sometimes only makes sense in the context of the story that you're reading.

I even went so far as to look it up on Marvel's official wiki and it still doesn't completely match the stuff that I've read.

In some cases, it's said they've got the same name and that's it. In others, same name, but 616 went ahead to a the future in Earth-6311 and his sleeping with someone there eventually led to Kang... who has his name. All pretty wild.

You think that makes your brain itch... go try to figure out which "version" of Kang was in any of his appearances there for awhile. Better yet, go look up the Council of Cross-Time Kangs. There's a fun afternoon for ya!

I thought Franklin Richards has been breaking that rule in FF? Didn't

his future self in the 616 timeline travel back to the current moment to tell himself how to use his powers to beat the celestials?

Maybe. Or did he create make his native time an alternate timeline by the act of coming into the past? Remember we only "watch" the 616 and what happens on this version of Marvel Earth, anyone one coming back in time to the 616 is coming back from an alternate furture Earth to the 616. 99% of the time this is how it works... until it they decide to ignore their own rules for the sake of the story they are trying to tell. We'll have to see which this proves to be.