UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Unmade Variants

Mirymate

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a side note, the word doc holding the list is now 10 pages long, @ 9pt Arial. You think I aught to send it to DST when it's "done" and see if they say anything?

My biggest fear if you do that is Diamond would delete all the entries except for Spider-Man and Wolverine, then thank you for planning the next 12 waves for them.

Updated the list again.

Included Joseph in the mining suit, and added him in a standard X-Men uniform. I'm just looking for variants, not judging the quality of the concepts. (and Joseph qualifies at least an aborted concept that develoved into general mess.)

kat_dom1.gif I'd also be down for a 90's Domino with head-gear/armour.

LvSdjubilee1.gif Gen X Jubliee

Emma%20Frost.gif Gen X White Queen

cannon10.gifJR-CannonballX-Men.gif I could probably live without them, but there's current & 'Graduated to the X-men' Cannonball

Sunspot3.gifJR-SunspotBlevins2.gif but i would like an early or late 90's Suspot to go with the other x-force members

zan_magic_NXM38.GIFJR-Illyana27.gif Limbo/DarkChild Illyana

kat-psylocke1.gif Crimson Dawn Bride Psylocke could look cool if done well. Maybe in a translucent deep indigo?

revancheanlaroza3yy.gif Not sure if she counts as a Psylocke variant, but Revanche? Maybe with a reversible blind-folded head?

Blanchett_madely.gifStryfe_MLF_MB.gif While we're doing the evil clone thing - if Joseph counts, i'd love to see Goblin Queen & Stryfe.

Deadpool%20in%20Marvel%20Girl%20costume.gif and i'm surprised no-one has mentioned this gem!

Deadpool%20in%20Marvel%20Girl%20costume.gif and i'm surprised no-one has mentioned this gem!

Probably cause no one wants to throw up in their mouth everytime they look at their minimate display.

Okay updated and tweaked the list quite a bit tonight. I moved AoA, Ultimates, and Zombie to an "Alternate Universe" heading cause there were just so many of them. And added the suggested Marvel 1602 designs to that list. As usual I added today's suggestions too.

And my own contribution of the day, a listing of Pym related identities.

List is back on page 1. Give it a read through if you haven't in a while... it's... bigger.

Okay, after looking over other's suggestions, I have a few more:

Secret War outfits:

Captain America

Luke Cage

Daredevil

Wolverine

Phyla Vell (Captain Marvel)

Black Cat w/ removable Mask

And how about any of the mains who get "Hulked-Out" in the prelude to Worl War Hulks.

And would the Young Avengers count as variants?

Shi%27Ar%20Wolverine.gifX-23.gif There's also Shi'ar Fang Wolverine & X-23 . . . although i'm not entirely sure why she was introduced wearing this costume - i wasn't reading comics at that stage...

EDIT: There's also X-23 in her Academy X gear: X-232.png

Which, while i'm not an X-23 enthusiast, i'd be open to seeing it get made if it means we could also see Pixie, Blinfold etc . . . get made too.

Edited by Nessex

Okay, Nessex. Where does one find those awesome images? There seem to be so many of them, it would be cool to peruse them all. And I really appreciate the style they are in.

Micro heroes are a form of pixel art that has quite the large community (i happen to be a part of that community and even recognize some of the creator's of those) their a great way to show off your own ideas or make representations of characters, as you can see my avatar is a micro hero, one my friend made for me

Edited by undeadpool

Okay, well then...

US Agent

- Force Works costumeJohnWalker_USAgent-FW_2_TC.gif

- "Judge Dread costume JohnWalker_USAgent-STARS_2_TC.gif

Wonder Man, powered down costume Wonder%20Man%2007.gif

Modern Titanium Man armor TC_TitaniumMan_II.gif

Speedball Speedball.gifSpeedball-NewWarriors3-Spz.gifSpeedball-NewWarriorsV33-Spz.gif

Swordsman I Swordsman-Duquesne-Perez.gifDuquesne%203.gif

Swoardsman II swordsman-perez.GIF

Spiderwoman I FA SpiderWomanI-MSpot32.gif

And to the question about X-23 in the Fang costume... I believe the intent was to try and make that her costume, rather that the street clothes and leather she wore previously. But apparently that didn't work for everyone, so it was quickly abandoned. Cause no girl wants to wear their father's hand-me-downs.

I agree with a lot of the choices, and if I have to go back and quote them to cast my specific votes, I will, but one I didn't see, that I'd really like, is Humberto Ramos Doc Ock:

Dc%20Octopus%20by%20Humberto%20Ramos.jpg

Unless that's the "paralyzed" version everyone's talking about. Not reading it currently.

boy that is a great list going there

Under Adam Warlock, If your going to put Magus on there you need to add "Goddess" as well

Under Hulk he had a short stint as "War" for Apocalypse

• 1 year later...

:miner: I know, I know, been long time on this thread, but I have been working on this list even while I wasn't "here". Thought I'd update it and see what you guys wanted to add. Obviously as the only one working on the list, it's heavily skewed to costumes and characters I like.

Wow, I didn't even know we had a thread like this (or I forgot that we did, at least). You could add Hawkeye in his Heroic Age outfit (the snazzy David Lopez one) and his movie inspired current costume that makes me shed a tear every time I see it.

i could give two sh!t$ about the ultimate or exiles universes either. They were just padding to soften the blow of me asking for even more AoA stuff. I'd love to see AoA Colossus, Shadowcat, Storm, Bishop etc ... get made still & would count them in my 'Variant Wish List'.

I'm with you my friend. LOOOOOVE AoA. Finally got the last couple of 'mates last week that I needed to complete the current AoA collection. I'm really surprised they never made a Nate Grey 'mate. He would've been perfect with the AoA Sinister. I'm not artiscally inclined but I'm so tempted to try and make customs like Luke's and Jeff's.

Mirymate - can you please alphabetize the main list in your first post? It would make it a lot easier to find what has already been posted. :thumbsup:

You're gonna make me cut and paste this into a word file and turn this into work aren't you?<_<

I'll get right on that, right after I finished those TPS reports.

Don't forget to put the new cover sheets on your TPS reports. Did you get the memo? :biggrin:

Yeah, sorry about that. I got the memo, I just forgot last time. I'll get it on the next one, I promise.

Would Punisher 2099 count as a variant or a new character entirely. I remember being maybe 10we when the 2099 series released. Ghost Rider 2099 would be cool too..didn't he have a friggin chain saw for a hand? And i think i remember him being a machine or some such noise..Miry, please feel free to correct my ignorance. LoL.

If Spider-man 2099 counts as a Spidey variant... Well you get the idea. I'd call both of the guys you mentioned viable variants.

And i think i remember him being a machine or some such noise..

Yep, he was a hacker who uploaded his consciousness online as he was dying, and was then downloaded into a robot body. He would make for an awesome Minimate. Doom 2099 would too, and no variant question with him since he's just Doom.

Doom 2099 would too, and no variant question with him since he's just Doom.

Or was he... the fact we were never, ever 100% sure if it was really Victor or not was part of the appeal of the book to me. Not even Doom himself was as sure as he pretended. Always my favorite 2099 book.

Well it's been a looooooooooooooooong while, and I've never reread them so could be remembering totally wrong, but I thought he was revealed to be the original for sure late in the series. Some woman had decreased his age and implanted parts of some other dude's memories in his head to mess with him though, I think?