UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Collections...

My collection thus far... knowing I still have an addtional 30+ mates to add next week.

Nice display... Must be hell to dust though :D

Also... Let me guess Mrs MoC insists the minimates are on display in the wardrobe?

T.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My collection thus far... knowing I still have an addtional 30+ mates to add next week.

Nice display... Must be hell to dust though :D

Also... Let me guess Mrs MoC insists the minimates are on display in the wardrobe?

T.

You are correct the display is is a complete bitch to dust. I do it about 3 times a year. In fact, the last time I did it...it took so long I thought, you know you have too many minimates, when it is a chore to take them all down to clean.

As far as the location of the collection, it was definitely a compromise.. But I still get to see them everyday, so I can not complain too much.

moc847

• 3 weeks later...

i'm moving house in less than a week, and plan to then find a perminant home for my mates, as it is i've just stood them up on a little table to share.

i've been collecting since Nov 2007, so i'm very pleased with my collection so far

EDIT: i've not stuck up all the variants of Batman, Spidey, Wolverine, etc... i did however feel the need to stick up C3 Flash and Symbiote Spiderman!

DSC00602-1.jpg

DSC00606.jpg

DSC00603.jpg

DSC00605.jpg

DSC00604.jpg

i'm moving house in less than a week, and plan to then find a perminant home for my mates, as it is i've just stood them up on a little table to share.

i've been collecting since Nov 2007, so i'm very pleased with my collection so far

EDIT: i've not stuck up all the variants of Batman, Spidey, Wolverine, etc... i did however feel the need to stick up C3 Flash and Symbiote Spiderman!

DSC00606.jpg

That Kyle Rayner is awesome. If we get more DCD minis, Kyle should look exactly like that.

Thats a real nice collection. How did you manage to get yourself a Symbiote Spidey already?

Man I might need to seriously rethink how my set up is.

Great pics by the way. You have to two mates I want the most. LOL. Still can't get my hands on my Favorite Comic hero ever, the darn Symbiote Spiderman. But at least the other is more reachable with it being the Galactus.

I should have a new setup this week and I might post pics if my girl will let me borrow her nice camera.

DSC00602-1.jpg

DSC00606.jpg

DSC00603.jpg

DSC00605.jpg

DSC00604.jpg

Wowza! Nice invasion. What kind of Jean Grey is next to Prof. X?

thanks for the compliments guys!

spidey pig - thakns very much, i'm very proud of it, being the first custom i've done myself. used to paint quite a bit, and it seemed to all come flooding back straight away... there's a much closer pic in the custom section, check it out

dan - ebay! i wasn't even signed up to ebay before i started collecting mates, now i look pretty much daily for something i need going cheap. it was my birthday and christmas not long after i started collecting; my dad and a few friends know their stuff when it comes to comic books, figures, etc. so when i was asked, i knew exactly what i wanted! think i pretty much got the whole of the DC line then (there's only 5 i don't have atm), amongst others, which meant i've been able to concentrate on marvel since then.

there's some real cheap ones on ebay now and then, and, to finally answer your question, i got the symbiote and venom two-pack, still in it's packaging for something like £15/30dollars in january, i think. the description didn't even mention the spidey, just venom, had to check with the seller to see if the auction was actually for the pack in the picture.

only a few weeks later did i begin to realise it's something of a rarity! i NEARLY feel guilty for having it before some much longer-term collectors.

she-thing - that's the question that got me! i wasn't sure, so went to the database to check... and eventually i realised it was infact a custom. i've got it in front of me now... it's the kitty body, with navy over the clear parts, matching yellow hands, and feet i havent yet indentified. the effect on the feet has been carried on, on the lower legs. the ead is NXM pheonix. i feel quite impressed now with it, if the colours were reversed it'd be a perfect jim lee jean.

shall get a new, close up pic of my jean asap (probably at the weekend)

I check UK eBay pretty much everyday and haven't seen a Symbiote Spidey on for a long time. I don't like buying from US eBay. No real reason for it, but I feel uneasy and the postage can be quite extortionate from some sellers.

Also your Kyle is a great custom! Nice work.

I check UK eBay pretty much everyday and haven't seen a Symbiote Spidey on for a long time. I don't like buying from US eBay. No real reason for it, but I feel uneasy and the postage can be quite extortionate from some sellers.

ah, i've never had a problem with ebay US, and there are a few sellers dedicated to minimates, which means combined postage is excellent ('the minimate shop'.. is £2.50 for loose figs, not matter ow many you buy). i've never bought minimates from UK ebay, there's never anything you can't pick up from forbidden planet or play.com

ah, i've never had a problem with ebay US, and there are a few sellers dedicated to minimates, which means combined postage is excellent ('the minimate shop'.. is £2.50 for loose figs, not matter ow many you buy). i've never bought minimates from UK ebay, there's never anything you can't pick up from forbidden planet or play.com

That is one hell of a collection & you've only been collecting since Nov.07 ? Incredible. You mention Forbidden Planet which I used to love as a company. Today on the FP Web-site they list 92 'mates items,sounds good but only 9 of these items are available,26 are pre-orders & the rest are 'currently unavailable'......I guess you cleaned them out :) Like yourself,I found that US ebay the only way to go. Stunning collection.

she-thing - that's the question that got me! i wasn't sure, so went to the database to check... and eventually i realised it was infact a custom. i've got it in front of me now... it's the kitty body, with navy over the clear parts, matching yellow hands, and feet i havent yet indentified. the effect on the feet has been carried on, on the lower legs. the ead is NXM pheonix. i feel quite impressed now with it, if the colours were reversed it'd be a perfect jim lee jean.

Looks like Ultimate Cyclops feet.

I have put most of my Minimates on Lego displays from Tuesday morning, and just finished putting my last one together. I like these, because you can have your Minimates standing on different levels, where you can clearly see every Minimate from eye-level, while still being able to move them around pretty easily and not having to shell out big bucks for those Hot Wheels displays. I want to give thanks again to Minijeff for the idea.

post-1827-1207011289_thumb.jpg

post-1827-1207011352_thumb.jpg

post-1827-1207011380_thumb.jpg

post-1827-1207011401_thumb.jpg

post-1827-1207011419_thumb.jpg

post-1827-1207011454_thumb.jpg

post-1827-1207011487_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
If you click the link you'll be able to see my mini's as well as the rest.....comments welcome :)

http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a302/max...mview=slideshow

That's a lot of stuff! I wish that I had the money/shelf space for all those Joe vehicles and 13 inch DC figures. On the other hand, my limited space may actually be a blessing in disguise, as it keeps me from spending more than I already do on toys.

If you click the link you'll be able to see my mini's as well as the rest.....comments welcome :)

http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a302/max...mview=slideshow

That's a lot of stuff! I wish that I had the money/shelf space for all those Joe vehicles and 13 inch DC figures. On the other hand, my limited space may actually be a blessing in disguise, as it keeps me from spending more than I already do on toys.

Your right man your lack of space is a blessing, but i wouldnt have it any other way I love this stuff WAAAAAAY to much

I completely ran out of space on my old minimate shelf, so I built a new one. I only have a small piece of wall space for these, so I had to make the shelves fairly deep. I think I spent $12 in supplies at home depot. As you can see, I left room for more star trek and horror minimates (Silence of the Lambs). It might look like I am already out of space for more marvel mates, but some of them are spaced out enough for future waves to be inserted.

DSC05466.jpg