UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 12 this week?

AdyCarter

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never thought that Ronin figure looked bad before in prototypes and it looks fine to me as it's in front of me. Just a matter of tastes, I suppose.

In that case i'll hold judgement until i get my dirty lil mitts on one :)

T.

Just got back from the comic shop with my with all of them minus the chase.....Fury's awesome, and comes with a knife, he's over talking to Professor X :). Cage is cool, grey hair and all, and yeah, the Sentry's belt is still f-ed up. All in all, now I have all the New Avengers, which is great since Marvel just disassembled them :)

Hey XManRCJ, if you didn't tell me the knife comes out, I wouldn't have known. It takes a little bit of effort to take it out. I had to take out the upper torso to get a good grip. I think the same happened with me on the Punisher figure. I didn't know about the knife until someone said something about it. Man, it's been a while since we've had some minimates, huh?

One more note of caution. My Chase Sentry's legs were rather stiff. Brought back thoughts of Nightcrawler, but I gently jiggled it around and eventually it got loosened and wasn't as stiff as Nightcrawlers. No other stiff legs on my figures.

I'm not overly impressed. Glad to see Nick got a gun, but his hair is too light and the gun holster on his chest doesn't look as detailed as it could have been. Also, why is the knife holster grey? And a white grenade? And a belt hole with no attachment.

Cap still has his stripe problem.

Sentry still has his belt problem.

Ronin looks like she's missing a layer of grey or something. It doesn't look as detailed as the proto.

Spidey still has the yellow spots instead of actual tattered costume.

Cage looks like a catfish. I wish they had just left him bald. Also, he appears to be the latest victim of the flesh being shown on the front but not on the top of the figure. At least there's no hole in his head, like the Professor.

I can't cast judgement about the variant, seeing as we've seen no pics of him, but I'm bummed to hear his belt doesn't wrap.

I hope the next wave sees a tremendous step up in attention to detail. I'll still get these, but it'll be the most work I've done on official mates to make them look right.

Totally agree with you drgnrbrn316.

In addition, it seems that with Ronin they wanted to give her a similar mask effect ala Batgirl but no removable mask? WTF?

We all knew these waves were not going to be impressive by any means. I think it's compounded from so many delays and we have every right. So long of a wait and crappy mates. Not surprised though.

Has anyone from DST/AA addressed the quality issues with these waves yet? I would go to their site to see but I don't want to give them the hit count.

I don't necessarily see any of the quality issues mentioned being extremely bad, except the Sentry's missing belt. My perception of these figures is that they are fine. They are not perfect, but when I opened them all and played with them a little bit, nothing bothered me much other than the stiff legs on my Chase Sentry. If anything, AA will probably fix these issues if they are rereleased at Target. I'm a happy camper, but I can understand why the issues are brought up.

I was more concerned by the reports of legs breaking off. I had that happen with my first set of indymates luckily my Comic pimp was good enough to send the set back to diamond and get me a replacement.

Storm, did they give Luke Cage a solid head or the standard one?

As far as detail and QC, this is a typical Marvel wave. Keeping that in mind, you won't be disappointed. MAN, it's good to have new 'mates!

Ronin actually looks very cool in person. Or so I think. I do wish she came with a pull-off mask though.

Cage's skull cap truly sucks, it looks like a poor job on grey hair. (Says a guy who rarely, rarely pans anything miniMate.( The plastic underneath is brown, so I'm planning on removing the paint somehow and have a bald Luke.

Cage's skull cap truly sucks, it looks like a poor job on grey hair. (Says a guy who rarely, rarely pans anything miniMate.( The plastic underneath is brown, so I'm planning on removing the paint somehow and have a bald Luke.

I don't mind the skull cap too much, but I'd love to hear about your results removing the cap! Great idea!

( The plastic underneath is brown, so I'm planning on removing the paint somehow and have a bald Luke.

When I was converting my Twilight Frodo into a plain translucent Minimate, I found that Testor's Enamel Thinner/Brush Cleaner on a Q-Tip worked fairly well. It takes some time and a fair amount of gentle (to avoid potential damage) rubbing to remove it. Goo-Gone worked too, but took a lot more rubbing.

I don't see why it wouldn't work on Cage, unless they're using a different tampo process than the LOTR mates.

Of course the standard disclaimer applies:

Ivan, his parent companies, nor his subsidiaries shall be held responsible for any damage to your Minimates, houses, cars, furniture, wives, children, pets, plants, lawn mowers, hovercraft, servants, radioactive devices, firearms, or Faberge Eggs resulting from any advice, instruction, or joke made by Ivan. Read his posts at your own risk. He's really quite mad you know. You know he actually ended up melting a Minimate once? Quite, quite mad.

Storm, did they give Luke Cage a solid head or the standard one?

Mister Cage has a solid head. No hole for the peg on the top of his head like the prototypes that we've seen. However, the box still shows a hole in his head. Well, I think it's solid. Maybe I'll try poking his head with a toothpick to see if it's hollow just for fun. No, that's torture, I can't do that. Nevermind.

I use watered down acetone (finger nail polish remover) on a paper towel rubbing until the tampo comes off. Do no get too much acetone on the part or stop rubbing or you will melt plastic.

Has anyone from DST/AA addressed the quality issues with these waves yet? I would go to their site to see but I don't want to give them the hit count.

I don't necessarily see any of the quality issues mentioned being extremely bad, except the Sentry's missing belt. My perception of these figures is that they are fine. They are not perfect, but when I opened them all and played with them a little bit, nothing bothered me much other than the stiff legs on my Chase Sentry. If anything, AA will probably fix these issues if they are rereleased at Target. I'm a happy camper, but I can understand why the issues are brought up.

I agree with Storm here. Sure they are not the best minimates ever. But they were both a really solid lines.

I agree entirely. upon opening mine, I noticed nothing really WRONG with them, aside from sentry's belt. no clue how they effed that up. i'm just happy to have rounded my new avengers team out =)

and I would sell my soul (literally) for the variant sentry.

I picked up serieas 12 at my lcs today including the Sentry variant. The tampo (that word scares me too close to tampon but whatever) on the fron is fixed, but as you've heard it doesn't go around the side of the body. Let me know if I should post pics. Also I pitched my DOFP Wolverine as I just couldn't fix the leg so back in the hunt!