UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

If they do characters that only appear in the ending sequences, we could get an updated

Ghost Rider

. Heck,

Ken's name is shown on a scoreboard for Ryu's ending

I'm sure there are others that are mentioned or shown in ending sequences that I haven't seen yet.

Megaman

was in Tron Bonnes ending. I really want a Tron Bonne period.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty much down for any of them (except Spidey, who brings absolutely nothing new to the table, though I think we can all agree that he'll be one of the first ones out of the gate).

The Marvel characters can bring a few who either have not been done properly or haven't been done at all to the table. And the Capcom side of the fence brings in all sorts of possibilities, just begging for DST to springboard into some of these other franchises.

While I hope they delve into the alternate costumes, I hope they do a better job of kicking the line off first than they did with Street Fighter. If we get 2 of Spidey's alternate costumes before we get Dormammu, I'll be disappointed.

And hopefully the endings will be game as well. We'd get Mega Man, Phoenix Wright, Miles Edgeworth, Ka-zar, Shanna, Matt Murdock, Dazzler, Nemesis, Spiral, Mojo, Satana, and Heimdall, plus updates to Kingpin, Ghost Rider, Doctor Strange, and J Jonah Jameson.

And hopefully the endings will be game as well. We'd get Mega Man, Phoenix Wright, Miles Edgeworth, Ka-zar, Shanna, Matt Murdock, Dazzler, Nemesis, Spiral, Mojo, Satana, and Heimdall, plus updates to Kingpin, Ghost Rider, Doctor Strange, and J Jonah Jameson.

you forgot manthing ;)

I'm pretty much down for any of them (except Spidey, who brings absolutely nothing new to the table, though I think we can all agree that he'll be one of the first ones out of the gate).

The Marvel characters can bring a few who either have not been done properly or haven't been done at all to the table. And the Capcom side of the fence brings in all sorts of possibilities, just begging for DST to springboard into some of these other franchises.

While I hope they delve into the alternate costumes, I hope they do a better job of kicking the line off first than they did with Street Fighter. If we get 2 of Spidey's alternate costumes before we get Dormammu, I'll be disappointed.

Pretty much seconds my opinion, though personally I hope for the re-skinned alternative pallets (i.e. Punisher Cap) more so than characters from the endings (though I wouldn't say no :D). I'm also hoping any and all DLC costumes (SF1 Ryu and Super Soldier Cap are top of my must have list) and characters (for when they fix their mistake and bring back Strider and Captain Commando).

Quick question - was Ryu's gi a seperate scult when compared to last time? I ask because, if it was, I'm hoping to use him to make customs of Ken and Sean if they don't make it into the game (sadly Ken is more likely, despite Sean having a more original take on the Ryu/Ken fighting style).

Yep. Ryu's gi was a slip-over piece.

Awesome :D

Also, who the heck is Sean?

Ken's pupil. Originally intended to be the only Shoto character in SF3, Capcom decided against this and brought back Ryu and Ken. Sean is still learning the style and a lot of the classic moves are restricted to his "Super Arts", but he gets around this with a few moves of his own, such as throwing a basketball instead of a fireball. From a gameplay point of view I feel he's a better choice than another generic Shoto character.

No offence but I really hate the general ignorance people have towards Street Fighter 3. Yes it doesn't have the nostalgic angle SF2 has, but from a fighting game's point of view it's a far better, more technical game. If you enjoy more technical fighting games, it's worth checking out the upcoming Online re-release. Plus I'm a huge fan of obscure characters and generally prefer the SF3 roster due to how under exposed it is. That and it has Dudley, my main and one of the best British characters added to fighting games (I tend to support the British characters in any fighting game franchise, which is why I'm also a fan of Talbon and Steve Fox).

Wow..

I was pretty excited when I heard (and saw) that they're going to make MvC3 minimates but now I'm slightly

worried after reading their latest facebook post saying "IF they had the license".

I'm really looking forward to what was shown at TF (like Ryu,C Viper,Zero Dante, Deadpool, etc...) and on the

Control Art (like Felicia,X-23, Chun Li,etc..), hopefully these will actually come out.

Also...More Street Fighter characters! please...^^;

Oh OK. Yeah, I've got zero interest in or real knowledge of SF3. :)

I'm sure it is a fine fighting game--as I'm sure are the Tekkens and other fighting games I don't play. But half of my enjoyment of the SF games is nostalgia, and that means Ken, Guile, Blanka, et al. I never gave SF3 much of a chance at the arcades for that reason.

I'm sure it is a fine fighting game--as I'm sure are the Tekkens and other fighting games I don't play. But half of my enjoyment of the SF games is nostalgia, and that means Ken, Guile, Blanka, et al. I never gave SF3 much of a chance at the arcades for that reason.

^ This.

after watching all the endings on youtube...

I just did that and... really?!?! they have 3D models AND voice actors and they go with the old style "here's a picture and some text!" endings? and they're not even particularly good at that?!

I'm glad I kept the $60...

Also, do any toy news sites still have pics of the ToyFare prototypes? I just went to look at the prototypes and can't find them on any major news site... Oh well, I guess with Halo doing "...good?" at best and the Sony mates being insanely lackluster they had to find the one legal loophole that was a sure fire way to kill a hit like this could have been (if it was at TRU it would be like Mattel's DCUC "All-Star" figures, you keep the big names like Iron-Man, Spider-man, Hulk, etc out there all the time without wasting a slot in the 'real' toy line) that way they can keep saying "we're not a videogame company"

i got the pics if you need em

I don't, I've seen them, I was just curious as to how far the embargo on information went to see how seriously to take the "IF" (while it can, and probably should be read as "we might not have it, but if we did..." but it can also be read "if, and we know you've seen the pics so you know we do but pretend, if we had the license...") ALL the toyfair coverage from ALL the major sites has been pulled... that's not a good thing at all.

Fair enough; I respect and understand where your coming from and do agree it would be great to get the original eight in minimate form. However along with Soul Reaver, SF3 3rd Strike is easily one of my favourite games of all time and as I'm not much of a gamer these days, the ones I still cherish are pretty close to my heart. As a result, I tend to get a bit passionate about those games and can at times go a bit OTT (hence my reply, which I regretted almost instantly). Sorry about that (if you use MSN, picture the MSN blush smiley).

I still think Capcom should experiment with the roster and bring in as many obscure characters as well as mainstream ones as DLC for MvC3. Seeing and trying characters I never heard of was one of my favourite aspects of the first MvC games, the Capcom/SNK games and Capcom Fighting Jam. I say this, both as a fan of those characters/my interest in learning about them and the possibility of them being turned into minimates :D. As I've said before, I count Dudley and Talbon amoung my all time favourites and would love to see minimates of them. However I realise I'm probably in a niche and they're more likely to want to include the mainstream characters.

Edited by pawcanada

^ I concur.

As a result, I tend to get a bit passionate about those games and can at times go a bit OTT (hence my reply, which I regretted almost instantly). Sorry about that (if you use MSN, picture the MSN blush smiley).

No worries at all, paw. We all have things we care about and it would be a rather dull place if folks didn't speak their minds about such things. I don't know if it came across in my last post, but I was admitting to being fairly shallow when it comes to gaming. I only care about depth and sophistication if it suits me. Most of the time, I don't want to invest time and energy into learning how to enjoy a game like a Tekken, and would rather just play a re-hash of an old NES game. But I completely understand that those who do that can unlock a richer experience than you can find from, say, the original SF2 or the button mashing combo-fests of the MvsC series.

Wait... so is this still a maybe kind of thing or are they a sure fire "not doing it"?

I don't think anyone knows one way or another (aside from DST, Marvel and Capcom). I suspect we won't hear much more about it until SDCC, when we'll either see wave 1 for a fall release, or a fat goose egg.