UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 9

CortherX

Ugh...I'm guessing that will be the new goblin with glider hinted at for wave 40...

Didn't Chuck say 'Green Goblin'? Or was it just 'Goblin'?

EDIT: Found Chucks twitter post . . .

' Series 40, a Green Goblin comes with the Spider-Man but before you groan, I think everyone will like the accessory that comes with this 3:44 AM Dec 11th, 2010 via web'

I'd rather see a new Hobby or even a demo, but it looks like we're getting Green <_<

Edited by Nessex

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously,

Anyone knows where they are available around the Bay Area, CA?

I checked Foster City and Redwood City TRUs like repeatedly... no luck.

Only TRUs I've seen them showing up at are in the Eastbay.Like Pleasant Hill..Pittsburg or Pinole.

Seriously,

Only TRUs I've seen them showing up at are in the Eastbay.Like Pleasant Hill..Pittsburg or Pinole.

thanks for the heads up.

but damn, that's one hell of a trip just to buy these suckers...

Seems like these are starting to really flood eBay. . .right after I spend $30 for 2 packs, of course.

That's what we call Sod's Law & it is as frustrating for me as it is for you but each time TRU issues a wave it is exactly the same scenario .

Bear in mind that my experience of TRU sets is based entirely on what I read here ,ebay & PMs from people giving me help finding them ............

It seems to me that most TRU sets are 'available' during a brief 2 month window ,scarce at first then more plentiful & then the popular sets disappear completely from ebay, except at ridiculous prices*. The HB/LJ sets were slow to show but then they did, in the second month of that window, there was a deluge of them That may not be a lot of comfort for you guys that trawl all your local TRUs but that's the way I see it . With Wave 9 we know they are out there & we know TRU.com have at least some of them, we are therefore in the early days & there ought to be a few weeks left for us all to get our fix.

Leastways I bloody well hope so :(

* Try finding a once plentiful, Logan/Hawkeye set now !

Seriously,

thanks for the heads up.

but damn, that's one hell of a trip just to buy these suckers...

I grabbed the Wolvie/Magneto set in pinole and one of the sets of exclusives from the Pleasant Hill TRU a few weeks back - have not seen these in Pittsburg yet except a single spidey/dr. lizard set that looks like it was returned from another store. They are recovering from inventory and haven't really restocked in weeks. They are supposed to get a shipment today.

Edited by captain_cbecker

anyone else in washington state found these yet? i'm in the Tricities and have yet to see em...

Haven't seen these yet in the northern Seattle area (Northgate thru Everett). There's been one sighting at the Silverdale Mall (Bremerton). ugh.