UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 9

CortherX

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

went to 4 toys r us in the couple of days, one had wolvie/mags and spidey/lizard peg warmers. I may start picking some up for trades.

sounds good to me :biggrin:

went to 4 toys r us in the couple of days, one had wolvie/mags and spidey/lizard peg warmers. I may start picking some up for trades.

I could be down with some of that action too, especially that spidey/lizard pack

Jeff of the Miniacs

The two short-packed ones are sold out (at least for now).

But there are still more than 20 each of the others. Once again, the question has to be rasied why they have to short-pack the cool packs every time. Chuck can explain his reasoning a hundred times and I still won't understand it. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Edited by groundhog7s

i was able to add both of them to my cart but somewhere in check out the Warlock one became unavailable and the order went through anyway for just the shatterstar one. I quickly went ahead and canceled the order because i dont want to pay $6 in shipping for just one item.

well crap i missed out to for me it would have been 4 in the morning that teaches me as well!!

I have a feeling that we will all be hip-deep in these by the end of January.

man i hope so

Is this the first time TRU.com has actually listed pictues of the boxes for the item? Normally they use a promo graphic of the characters, but the actual boxes kind of indicates to me that they weren't expecting these in advance?

And the pictures almost look like they were taken with a cellphone in front of the case packaging...

Here's my story. I just happened to be up early on my day off and checked their site first thing. I ordered some for me and a few others. When I had them in my cart, the quantity changed from when I put them in and when I added my credit cards security number. Then when I got my e-mail confirmation there were even less than I had ordered (which has happened numerous times and resulted in backordered/cancelled orders). My order was practically gutted adn I'm sure for some of you that doesn't seem like much since I was at least able to order some, but I say this to say that their site and their system are horrible for this kind of stuff. They obviously didn't get that many cases to begin with, but the way they handle the stock they say they have is horrendous.

I work in inventory control at my job and I'd have been fired by now if I controlled stock they way they do.

Here's my story. I just happened to be up early on my day off and checked their site first thing. I ordered some for me and a few others. When I had them in my cart, the quantity changed from when I put them in and when I added my credit cards security number. Then when I got my e-mail confirmation there were even less than I had ordered (which has happened numerous times and resulted in backordered/cancelled orders). My order was practically gutted adn I'm sure for some of you that doesn't seem like much since I was at least able to order some, but I say this to say that their site and their system are horrible for this kind of stuff. They obviously didn't get that many cases to begin with, but the way they handle the stock they say they have is horrendous.

I work in inventory control at my job and I'd have been fired by now if I controlled stock they way they do.

Add to that the fact that half of my TRU orders were incorrect!

After tuat website nonsense this morning I walked right into my TRU and asked if they had them. They brought out a fresh case for me and I took one of each cannonball & warlock sets. If you live near Montgomeryville, PA there should still be one of each and all of the wolverine & spider-man sets.

Found what appeared to be the remains of this wave at my TRU today. The Spidey and Wolvy sets. Man is the QC bad on these guys. I think the only one I didn't have an issue with was the 6-armed Spidey. Well, outside of how much I hate them going cheap on us and not fully painting the webbing around his body lately on Spidey figures.

Wolverine's mask had terrible paint jobs on all three sets I saw, with the eyes suffering from being too high or too off the mark much like Wolverines's in the past have. Picked out the best looking one. His mask (which is also new...not a reuse of the previous Wolverine masks) wouldn't even go all the way down in the back of his head..and when it did kinda, it got stuck until I managed to pry in off with the blade guard of my box cutter.

Also, his upper legs show signs of stress...like they were pushing the legs into the pegs really hard and so stress marks are on the parts now.

Magento's wrists parts from the AoA Magneto have the ends that would cover his hands broken off. I don't know if they did this to make it look less like AoA mags, but if so it looks terrible as you can tell they're busted off with white showing around the purple painted parts.

Lizard's tail was glued on incorrectly so I ripped it off and then shaved down the peg parts and superglued it back on. Also suffers from the same leg stress issues Wolvy had.

Spidey and Lizard don't bug me too much since I have the wave 37 versions as well, and MAgneto wasn't too interesting to me either since I had the Heroes and Villains one...

Wolverine though does bug me since I want a brown costume Wolvy in updated form, but the mask is an issue as well as the leg stress marks... Does Daken have the same color browns on his minimate figure to remedy this? I don't know since I don't have him here.

**Edit: Never mind, I see Daken and Wolverine do have different browns as well as Magneto's arm parts are indeed a widespread thing from the photos taken way back on Page 5 of this thread. Still, I may use a Daken still with an idea in mind... **

Edited by MST3KFan

Hate to hear that about brown Wolvie. That's a figure that is long-overdue for a figure that does it justice given DST's current capabilities (in the design, not QC department). If done right, it would easily be one of the figures constantly on display in my collection.

Edited by karamazov80