UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Heroes & Adversaries Box Set

Binaryan

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't find anything for toy brigade but I know of xtreme toys in I think orange, ca. Its a few miles away from disneyland and its a pretty cool comics and collectibles. I haven't called to see if it is the place for the exclusive but the logo is the same so I assume it is. Ill let you guys know if I find anything out.

It's really disappointing that they didn't at least give us a new Wolvie in his current costume in this set. No new parts to sculpt, straight tampos. I probably would have bought this set just for that one; now it's a pass.

Much as I'd love to get that costume, I'd have been annoyed to have to buy a whole box set for one new Minimate...

I think this is a good Deadpool alternative for the apparent masses who missed out on him, and it's some money in DST's pocket (with no real tooling/design costs going into the set), and money in DST's pocket is more new Minimates down the line for us anyway, so... yeah. Everybody wins.

I'll have to see about getting this, I recently got into mates and the wolverine and deadpool are crazy on ebay. I hope deadpool comes with the weird face the other one has.

Do you mean his scarred unmasked look, or his 2nd mask?

acc0555_lg.jpg

(image courtesy of Ivan :))

So you won't be adding this packaging variant to your collection, BHM? They might even have different date stamps!!

I can't deny that I'll be getting them Sam & I agree that there are some people that may have another opportunity of acquiring what is undoubtedly one of the most popular Minimates yet made. If anybody does miss out on this set they'll no doubt get another opportunity because we know that there will be another ...& another .... & another. All I really want from DST is new characters..... not new packaging with old characters ,different coloured belt-buckles or shinier daggers etc. I'm not sure of anybody else's perception of how many dedicated fans there are out there buying Minimates but my own perception is that they can only be numbered in hundreds rather than thousands....... bringing another two thousand box-sets onto the market containing 4 apparent rehashes isn't going to do anything but create a glut.

Ghostbusters are a perfect example of how a limited run of Minimates sells well ,creates healthy scarcity & interest from new fans . The negative side of that is that it draws in the scalpers who artificially inflate the prices . DST reacts by deciding that Amazon will be the way forward & commissions 5000 sets ......the deal with Amazon collapses & the sets consistently flounder around at about half their original price. In their wisdom they then re-release both original waves at TRU ........I don't know whether they're selling well at TRU but what I can tell you is that nobody is interested anymore in Ghostbusters' sets that they already have ...if ebay is to be believed. I can't be long before we have a GB Box Set 1 re-release ?

Like I said... the deal is done with Xtreme & they will be the guys selling these sets,DST will be laughing all the way to the bank .

Muzakimates are here to stay.

I get your argument, BHM. And I do think that DST should think long and hard about some of their re-release strategies. Similar to Medicom. Their 2-packs seem to be sitting unsold at various online e-tailers and eBay (I got the Monsters pack for $12 shipped last week). Though Medicom's decisions are often even more baffling, because they frequently re-release characters that, based on eBay prices, weren't all that popular to begin with. Exception being chases, but I wonder if they realize that chases are often popular simply because. . .they are rare.

I wonder if the Ghostbusters issue was more DST's or TRU's decision. . .

Man, I need to know if Deadpool is exactly the same as wave 28. If so, I am not ashamed to say I will sell mine and get this one.

I'm not entirely sure of your logic there Dino? Why not just keep the one(s) you have & just not buy the new one ?

Do you think that the old one will be worth more than the new one ?

I get your argument, BHM . . .

Thanks Sam .