UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Heroes & Adversaries Box Set

Binaryan

overpriced shipping. Giving AFX a run for their money. I was hoping BBTS would somehow get these at a reasonable price.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect we're gonna see them somewhere else at some point. I can't imagine a shop like that ordering 2,000 of these and being able to sell them all at their brick and mortar, website, and eBay.

But then again, Deadpool. . .

overpriced shipping. Giving AFX a run for their money. I was hoping BBTS would somehow get these at a reasonable price.

yeah, same here. It would be awesome if Luke's or BBTS were able to get these in.

I contacted the store, but they were not interested in selling these in bulk for any sort of discount.

I'm not sure what the dopmestic shipping is like, but international shipping is about $4 cheaper on ebay which cancels out the $1 extra on the figures.

Domestic shipping really isn't much different. if you order 2 on the site vs 2 on ebay you save 50 cents a pack.

yeah, same here. It would be awesome if Luke's or BBTS were able to get these in.

I contacted the store, but they were not interested in selling these in bulk for any sort of discount.

Bummer. 2000 is alot to sell...

Never mind Luke because what goes around..... blah blah .......! I'll show my hand & say that I've bought into these but yet again I feel that I'm dealing with usurpers rather than people I want to be dealing with.

I have wanted to use the word 'usurper ' for quite some while ;)

BTW where did 'we' get the '2000' from ?

I suppose that 'we' means 'me,' and it is just some vague recollection of how many sets it takes to get DST to produce anything (apart from the odd issue like Goth Girl, where the publisher was a former DST employee and probably had a favor he called in). Luke had recent contact, so may have a better idea of how many sets they actually require to be ordered.

Edited by karamazov80

I just called them and they apparently just got it at their main Montebello store yesterday. They said they have a small store in San Anita too but the girl wasn't 100% sure it would carry it since it's so small. They are opening a new one in about a week in West Covina. That's closest to me but I don't know if I want to wait. It's good to know they have late hours due to the holidays. It's a little bit of a drive for me but I'll probably visit when I get the chance.

Never mind Luke because what goes around..... blah blah .......! I'll show my hand & say that I've bought into these but yet again I feel that I'm dealing with usurpers rather than people I want to be dealing with.

I have wanted to use the word 'usurper ' for quite some while ;)

BTW where did 'we' get the '2000' from ?

2000 is the bare minimum amount of minimates that DST will currently produce in one run in 2010 (for exclusives). In 2011 that number is going up to 3000.

Luke, does "exclusive" include packaging variant re-releases, you figure? Maybe there are lower requirements for re-releases?

I thought it was more of a factory cost preferred limit than a design limit for creating new figures, but I could be wrong. These could have a lower run.

Luke, does "exclusive" include packaging variant re-releases, you figure? Maybe there are lower requirements for re-releases?

I thought it was more of a factory cost preferred limit than a design limit for creating new figures, but I could be wrong. These could have a lower run.

Luke,

Do you have enough clought with DST and/or desire to requisition your own 4-pack of reissues? I was thinking you could make a killing with that army-building 4-pack we here have all been asking DST for:

AIM agent

Hydra Solder

Kree Warrior

Skrull Warrior

Just a thought. :D

2000 is the bare minimum amount of minimates that DST will currently produce in one run in 2010 (for exclusives). In 2011 that number is going up to 3000.

Wow, I wonder if that'll mean fewer AFX box sets next year? :ermm: Needing to sell an additional 50% could be tricky.

Edited by battlecat

Luke, does "exclusive" include packaging variant re-releases, you figure? Maybe there are lower production requirements for re-releases?

I don't profess to know anything official but for a start I do know many of the rarest Minimates are purely repaints of more common figures rather than fresh 'mouldings' for want of a better word. For example.....there are exceptions but most LCS Marvel Waves have a variant figure that rarely incorporates more than one or two different mouldings ,generally the headpiece....hair,mask,slip-on ,cap etc......whilst the rest of the figure invariably incorporates perhaps one other.

Mouldings must therefore be the critical economic factors for production runs IMHO, if you want a cheap short run....go paint ,don't go mould ;)

Todays No-Prize will be given to the person who can tell me how many of the Marvel LCS variants had unique moulded parts when they were released? 'Unique' means, in this instance , not shared with figures in the same wave or previously released Minimate figures. The answer is quite shocking.

I could elaborate further .....How many original mouldings have been made for the figures in the BSG,BTTF ,T2 & Stealth Jet ,Vehicle line? Even the vehicles are being produced in two distinct (?) paint jobs .

I'm not suggesting that this is overtly-cynical ........ it just makes good business sense & I want DST to succeed in all that they do because that way my collection grows but I want them to know that I know what they know.

Uncanny X-Force Minimates ......can't see any repaints there :rolleyes:

Edited by buttheadsmate

Todays No-Prize will be given to the person who can tell me how many of the Marvel LCS variants had unique moulded parts when they were released? 'Unique' means, in this instance , not shared with figures in the same wave or previously released Minimate figures. The answer is quite shocking.

Does this include accessories?

I'm gonna say about 14. . . i'm not familiar enough with the other lines to give a definite answer, but just judging from the marvel waves, it looks to me like about 14 figures.

eg: Mary Janes hair from the SM3 wave may have been used before, but i haven't seen it on another Marvel minimate . . . so it looks like a new sculpt to me, and so i've counted it.

But it could well have appeared in the Rocky or BTTF line.

EDIT: cut it back to 13. it seems the WWII Wolverine from wave 29 was released after the XMOW WWII Wolverine.

Edited by Nessex

Wow, I wonder if that'll mean fewer AFX box sets next year? :ermm: Needing to sell an additional 50% could be tricky.

Ouch, I was wondering the same thing. I wonder if production costs have gone/are going up that dramatically. Is 2011 the year Minimates become a TRU-exclusive property?...