UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

NYCC marvel mate reveals!

mrjasontodd

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Magneto looks pretty nice, but unnecessary. DST missed a golden opportunity to release a X villain we haven't gotten yet with minimal new tooling like updated Mystique, Cyber, Bastion, Lady Deathstrike, different costume Sabertooth, etc etc

The Magneto looks pretty nice, but unnecessary. DST missed a golden opportunity to release a X villain we haven't gotten yet with minimal new tooling like updated Mystique, Cyber, Bastion, Lady Deathstrike, different costume Sabertooth, etc etc

I so would love an updated Mystique (I really don't like the original's hair).

these look lovely, and I'm certainly coming around to the look of the new Thing, much better than the prototype. That said, he'll still look ridiculously out of place (and thus not make it on to my shelf) if we don't get a 'matching' Hulk... then I'd really want Abomination as well (which isn't going to happen).

Excalibur is a must buy, Meggan... and that Juggernaut is adorable, so cute (I'm sure thats wasn't intentional though!).

I would have thought anything in that TrU wave must be the finished article by now, its unlikely they're be any changes to that Wolvie (I'd have thought... but what do I know, eh).

Don't think anyone has mentioned it yet... Lizard has claws now, not standard hands like the proto did. That is nice... I like that.

Saw these in person briefly yesterday, and they are pretty nice. Warlock is definitely the best of the bunch, really great. Juggernaut looks terrific, one of the few times I think the powerhouse enhancements work. I didn't get to swing by there today (the con was crazy), but I'll take a closer look tomorrow and see if I can't address some of those questions raised.

wow! that Heroes and Adversaries set is just what i need. becuase i have no deadpool< my fave 28 wolvie had an incident in the washer :blink: my updated spidey is missing his pupil, and my venom is missing his hanD and i lost the mask(pressumably in San Diego). hah

I barely skimmed this. been gone all weekend. Why are we getting rehashes of everything? Nightcrawler, Juggy, 6arm Spidey, brown Wolvy, Magneto, Deadpool, Venom. I don't get it. We've gotten them all already. I don't like the XMen but at least I can appreciate all the NEW stuff coming out.

Did I call the "Build-A-Douglock" or what? I guarantee it's Cypher underneath all that, and that you can just put all of the Warlock pieces on a spare body.

Hoping for a BAMF! base, more similiar to Rachel's Phoenix force, than Ilyana's (albeit darn cool) one. I'm happy with the Cap Brit we already have, and would've preferred to see an "unreleasable" character in that box. Nightcrawler & Juggernaut are great, though. Meggan's perfect, and deserved to be a mandatory part of anything that said "Excalibur". Happy to see her.

*scraps 90's Cannonball custom* Sweet. :D

To anyone getting an extra set of the New Mutants 4-pack for the "depowered" bodies, can I buy your extra translucent Sunspot, please? (I realize now that "to anyone" sounds like I want "all" the extra clear Sunspots, but I only want one. Or, if I buy an extra set myself from Luke, who wants to buy the rest of the extras from me?)

If LCS waves every 4 to five months went away, but were replaced by TRU waves every 2 to 3 months, I wouldn't complain. :)

I would.

I never saw Bullseye/Moonstone, Angel/Warpath or Hulkbuster Iron Man in stores. Ever. I had to get them from helpful people out of state.

Every 2 to 3 months is harder for a person on a limited budget, it will be harder still with the prices going up, and again, that's if I'm able to find them.

Not only do I get a "Holder's Club" discount at my LCS, as long as Diamond ships them to my store, I'm always guaranteed at least one of each - including the variant - and my store's manager is nice enough to let me buy them at my financially-able leisure. If I want all the 2-packs from TRU, I can't just buy one every two weeks. They all might be gone the day after I buy my first.

And, again, that's if I ever even see them.

Edited by TENIME_art

I'm surprised by the large number of X-characters coming out. Although I am a fan of the X-Men Universe, I'd prefer minimates of more current characters. However, I am thrilled that a new Nightcrawler will be released, since I was late to the minimates party and refuse to pay the eBay prices for him.

Slightly off topic, but I was able to pick up the 1st Appearance Angel pack for eight dollars from the Diamond booth at NYCC. :) Also got the Selene variant pack, which was nice as I hadn't picked it up when it was originally released.

I'm surprised by the large number of X-characters coming out. Although I am a fan of the X-Men Universe, I'd prefer minimates of more current characters. However, I am thrilled that a new Nightcrawler will be released, since I was late to the minimates party and refuse to pay the eBay prices for him.

Slightly off topic, but I was able to pick up the 1st Appearance Angel pack for eight dollars from the Diamond booth at NYCC. :) Also got the Selene variant pack, which was nice as I hadn't picked it up when it was originally released.

Well - this is Twenty Ten . . . 2010 . . . 20X . . . i don't know where i'm going with this. I'm just stoked at the X-Love being shown this year.

Warlock definitely looks to have a NM body underneath... I was able to see a little yellow crotch underneath the tech crotch overlay. The head, though, is a Douglock head, meaning it's got the techno-organic stuff painted on, and not a plain Doug Ramsey head. Don't know if it's the one underneath, or if it's an extra head and there's a normal Doug under the Warlock mask.

Cannonball looks to be an all-new base... it's not the one that comes with the NM set, that's for sure. Which makes you wonder why they didn't just make the base for the NM set... production time, I guess. Magik, by the way, didn't have feet; the base was attached directly to her leg holes.

As I said, Juggernaut looks great in person. Definitely the best "bulk enhanced" 'mate I've seen. He's got arm attachments, like the upcoming Thing. Makes a big difference. The moon boots don't looks as bad as they do on the TRU Thing.

Oh, they also had the BTTF anniversary set on display, which I'd forgotten about entirely. Didn't look like any of the pirates stuff was new. Lot of Halo stuff, including vehicles, which I don't remember hearing about, but I haven't been following the development of that line that closely. Once again, no sign of Battle Beasts. They were even giving away blanks and Unification Spocks with the Build-A-Mates, but no Battle Beasts.

Once again, no sign of Battle Beasts. They were even giving away blanks and Unification Spocks with the Build-A-Mates, but no Battle Beasts.

Someone didn't give Chuck cookies. ;)

DST had a whole BAGFUL behind the counter. :lol: One Gold, the rest Black and Silver. LOTS of Silver actually. All the bags were fairly dusty too.

But as a proud new father of two widdle Battle Beasts, i REALLY want this line to take off more than ever. These...are so much fun...