UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

NYCC marvel mate reveals!

mrjasontodd

I'm surprised by the large number of X-characters coming out. Although I am a fan of the X-Men Universe, I'd prefer minimates of more current characters. However, I am thrilled that a new Nightcrawler will be released, since I was late to the minimates party and refuse to pay the eBay prices for him.

Slightly off topic, but I was able to pick up the 1st Appearance Angel pack for eight dollars from the Diamond booth at NYCC. :) Also got the Selene variant pack, which was nice as I hadn't picked it up when it was originally released.

Well - this is Twenty Ten . . . 2010 . . . 20X . . . i don't know where i'm going with this. I'm just stoked at the X-Love being shown this year.

Almost have it Nessex, its MMX (2010) and everyone knows this represents Minimate Xmen.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well - this is Twenty Ten . . . 2010 . . . 20X . . . i don't know where i'm going with this. I'm just stoked at the X-Love being shown this year.
Almost have it Nessex, its MMX (2010) and everyone knows this represents Minimate Xmen.

Ah - good work :thumbsup:

The head, though, is a Douglock head, meaning it's got the techno-organic stuff painted on, and not a plain Doug Ramsey head.

That's cool actually - Cypher is a pretty basic custom (IE: Any youngish male face with blonde side-part hair-piece & NM body), where-as Douglock is a bit more specific. I'd be chuffed to get a douglock head and start on a 90's Excalibur team :)

The head, though, is a Douglock head, meaning it's got the techno-organic stuff painted on, and not a plain Doug Ramsey head.

That's cool actually - Cypher is a pretty basic custom (IE: Any youngish male face with blonde side-part hair-piece & NM body), where-as Douglock is a bit more specific. I'd be chuffed to get a douglock head and start on a 90's Excalibur team :)

Douglock had yellow skin and eyes without pupils, and wore a blue costume not a NM uniform. I could be wrong, but I think there was a period in New Mutants where Warlock and Doug would merge together into one being during battle, which would explain the Doug head having techno-organic patches.

Edited by battlecat

Once again, no sign of Battle Beasts. They were even giving away blanks and Unification Spocks with the Build-A-Mates, but no Battle Beasts.

Someone didn't give Chuck cookies. ;)

DST had a whole BAGFUL behind the counter. :lol: One Gold, the rest Black and Silver. LOTS of Silver actually. All the bags were fairly dusty too.

But as a proud new father of two widdle Battle Beasts, i REALLY want this line to take off more than ever. These...are so much fun...

Yeah, you got me. I shoulda known. :biggrin:

I would rather have a normal Doug... From back when he was all but useless to the team in combat.

This is exactly the Doug I want!

But that Doug is the EASIEST quick custom in history! I want him too - cause he's essential to the team, but he can be made with a new mutants body and a 1) FA Hank Pym Hair & Head, 2) Silver age angel head & hair 3) New Avengers Sentry Haed & Hair 4) Invaders Cap A Head & Hair 5) Heros Cap A Head & Hair etc. . .

A Douglock face is a good deal harder for us ungifted plebs to customize as a QC - plus he's also a 'never gonna happen' character, so it'd be nice to see his head get released with Warlock, rather than a generic blonda male head.

EDIT: On re-reading my post , it seems a bit aggressive. I ddin't mean it to be - it was rather a desperate plea from an X-Fan to see an obscure character get some love. :thumbsup:

Either way - YAY for more New Mutants & Yay for Mmore Excalibur!!! :captainbritain:

Edited by Nessex