UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Excalibur Box Set

storm 1:08

@Nessex thanks for getting this thread back on track (discussing Excalibur box set. I like this version of nightcrawler better. I alwas thought he was too bulky before. Juggy is the only bulked up character that works for me (fail on thing and hulk). Though Meghan is ordinary and cap b is worse than the first one I'm just happy to get this set

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really happy we got a Meggan - i've been keen on her since the original AFX poll. She's just a couple of small QC issues away from being perfect.

I don't want to sound like a total downer, I'm mostly happy with the set - and i know AA/DST can't please everyone - but it seems like they were so close to getting an A+ on this one.

I'm really happy we got a Meggan - i've been keen on her since the original AFX poll. She's just a couple of small QC issues away from being perfect.

I don't want to sound like a total downer, I'm mostly happy with the set - and i know AA/DST can't please everyone - but it seems like they were so close to getting an A+ on this one.

Yep I agree with you there. So close...but we've seen them cut corners on paint apps and tampos before. Sadly look how every spidey has only half webs around the legs and arms. Still excited we're 42 waves in plus all the TRU waves. It's really insane when you think about it.

• 3 years later...

I found a set today buried under a bunch of dust at a local comic shop and I was wondering how rare is this set?

Great find & the rest of my post won't take the shine off of that . Whether it's rare is debatable as I'm fairly sure it was pretty sure 3000 sets were made which was pretty much the norm back then for Marvel sets .

'Desirable' is a far better description mainly because of the phenomenon that was 'Excalibur' ....not really my favourite stuff but I'm obviously in the minority . Interestingly the minimate character that is by far the rarest in that set is Juggernaut closely followed by Nightcrawler . The Nightcrawler 'mate is identical to the TRU W11 version ....yet it is just rare on ebay whilst the Excalibur Juggernaut is non-existent .

In conclusion you now have a set that includes the best versions of Juggernaut & Nightcrawler we have ever had ,a pretty little Meggan & .... an even littler Captain Britain which personally I detest .

Great find .

More importantly any new version of Juggernaut or a Nightcrawler would help sell any 'Best of wave' IMHO ....the demand is there .

Good point about Juggy being a good candidate for a 'Best of' wave.

I'm actually a little surprised that a couple of X-characters haven't made their way into a BO series yet: namely Cyclops & Magneto. While they certainly don't need BO figures, they're iconic enough and popular enough to fit in with the rest of the waves. I'd say Juggy falls into the same category, whilst also being more desirable due to the limited variations (at least compared to Cyke & Mags) of him that have been released so far.

Good point about Juggy being a good candidate for a 'Best of' wave.

I'm actually a little surprised that a couple of X-characters haven't made their way into a BO series yet: namely Cyclops & Magneto. While they certainly don't need BO figures, they're iconic enough and popular enough to fit in with the rest of the waves. I'd say Juggy falls into the same category, whilst also being more desirable due to the limited variations (at least compared to Cyke & Mags) of him that have been released so far.

Byrne Cyclops and classic Magneto should be shoo-ins for a Best Of 4, since the pieces are already there ripe for reuse and improving.

In fact, a lot of good classic characters with mass appeal are there for a ripe Best Of wave, but its always Iron Man or Spidey...

I appreciate your approach to everything in this thread, good sir! You are a shrewd businessman who is considering time and energy alongside monetary value as well as trustworthiness over instant gratification.

I have nothing to add to the argument except for my kudos on how you think/conduct business

Hopefully I haven't come off as a jerk lol.

I only picked these up to liberate them from their dusty confines. But instead of trying to sell them for an astronomical price like the only set on eBay, I figured I would reach out to my fellow collectors to find this set a good home and some help with what I forsee as being a major pain in my buns.

As I recall, this particular set was prone to giving collectors a variety of exotic STDs due to extraordinarily lax quality control issues in a factory DST no longer uses (thank God).

I'd strongly recommend sending the set to me just to be on the safe side. I won't even charge you for proper disposal. Oh, and make sure you're up to date on your shots. You should schedule an appointment for boosters ASAP. No need to thank me. ;)

(And now we wait...)