UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU wave 8 - FF!

minijeff

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The little comic that comes with this set is kind of cute. It's fun to see something other than the standard 'Where's Wolvey' minimate poster they usual insert.

All in all - i'm quite chuffed with this series.

Found the complete set in Tigard, OR last night. Well worth the wait, especially since I hadn't been able to pick up any of the older FF4 sets since I started collecting.

Oi get orf my patch.... ;)

I might go swing by today now I know they are here in OR.

T.

Finally found the new FF minimates at the TRU in Bloomington, IL. They must have just put them out a little after noon. and they must have only gotten one case. I bought both packages of Namor & the Soldier they had. Since I am broke I did not get Reed & Doom, Johnny & Ben or Sue & Moleman. They had only two packages of Sue & Moleman but had like four of Reed & Doom and Johnny and Ben.

I am a little disappointed in the Namor figure but I really only wanted the Soldier for customizing anyway.

I saw a cool image of a custom Andorian from Star Trek and I am goingt to attempt to make my own and hope it turns out as cool.

I am also going try my had at some Romulans because Namor's hairpiece sort of makes me think Romulan/Vulcan.

Finally found the new FF minimates at the TRU in Bloomington, IL. They must have just put them out a little after noon. and they must have only gotten one case. I bought both packages of Namor & the Soldier they had. Since I am broke I did not get Reed & Doom, Johnny & Ben or Sue & Moleman. They had only two packages of Sue & Moleman but had like four of Reed & Doom and Johnny and Ben.

I am a little disappointed in the Namor figure but I really only wanted the Soldier for customizing anyway.

I saw a cool image of a custom Andorian from Star Trek and I am goingt to attempt to make my own and hope it turns out as cool.

I am also going try my had at some Romulans because Namor's hairpiece sort of makes me think Romulan/Vulcan.

without going too off topic... was that the X3 Beast with (I think) Deathstroke hair and little antenna? Who did that... TENIME?

I got my Moleman to stand up pretty well by having him hold the cane so it touched the ground behind him rather than in front. It's not ideal, but it works. He's still holding the cane in front, it's just angled so that it goes back and to the left.

I so HATE my local TRU. They removed the Marvel Minimates tag around the time these guys started to show up at other TRUs in the country being all like "I guess we won't be getting them."

I went there today to see in the Marvel toy aisle a whole row of Reed/Doom and Human Torch/Thing sets on a peg. No Sue/Mole Man or Namor/Atlantean Soldier sets. They weren't there the day before. (I stopped back in today because I was checking the nearby K-Mart for DC Universe wave 15)

So I'm glad I bought these all online earlier because otherwise I would be really, really TICKED. Hopefully it was a fellow minimate collector, though I'm doubting it since none of the non-TRU exclusive sets looked to have been bought...

If not a collector...stupid scalpers...

I didn't much care for the Hood that came with Doom. . . . so i grabbed a spare Spectre/Secret Wars Doom Hood. The colour is pretty close to the collar, so it's nto a bad match.

Also - anyone who wants their Monica to look a little less 'Afro-tastic', the Atlantean hair piece works well.

post-2737-1287472349_thumb.jpgpost-2737-1287472530_thumb.jpgpost-2737-1287473408_thumb.jpg

I think Dr. Fate came with hair that would be perfect for an andorian. I was thinking of making a Ronan the Accuser with the Atlantian... Im sure as soon as I finish him hell be announced in a regular wave...

If you would be so kind as to get started now, please?

:)

So, can you finish him up soon so the rest of us can get one?

Sure. Send me an Atlantian and Ill get started.