UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The 'Ghost Rider - Wave 15' Project

youbastards

Okay, so the idea behind this thread is what currently produced Minimates can we use to help cobble together either some Quick Customs or customs by painting existing parts as best as possible. The fact that this wave got abandoned is a thorn in my side to this day. Even more so now that I am working to display my Minimates by wave.

We know that there are pieces from that wave that have been reused (REUSE), so let's compile them here.

Example: Tony Stark's Racing Helmet for Johnny Blaze

For the pieces that haven't been produced, what are the best substitute (SUB) ones to use?

Example: Sand Seref's head and Nina Myers' body' for Roxanne Simpson.

As a reminder, here are the Ghost Rider Movie prototypes:

Ghost Rider

- Head/Flame from either the Target Marvel Knights Daredevil/Ghost Rider set or the Champions set, there are different heads in different pix (SUB/REUSE)

- Leather jacket from various Terminator 2 T-800 releases (SUB)

ghmmghostrider.jpg

Johnny Blaze

- Tony Stark's Racing Helmet from C2E2 Iron Man 2 set (REUSE)

- Transformation Venom's spare jacket from Wave 24 (REUSE)

- Back In Black Spider-Man hair from Wave 24 (SUB)

ghmmjohnnyblaze.jpg

Transformation Johnny Blaze (Variant)

- Back In Black Spider-Man hair from Wave 24 (SUB)

- Leather jacket from various Terminator 2 T-800 releases (SUB)

ghmmtransformjohnnyblaz.jpg

Caretaker

- Hat/hair from 'A Few Dollars More' Man in Black (SUB)

- Hat/hair from Rocky 2 boxset Paulie (SUB)

- Hat/hair from Back to the Future 3 Doc Brown (SUB)

ghmmcaretaker.jpg

Roxanne Simpson

- Sand Seref head from Spirit 4-pack (SUB)

- Nina Myers' body from 24 Series 1 4-pack (SUB)

ghmmroxanne.jpg

Blackheart

- Wave 26 Wolverine Origins Sabertooth jacket (SUB)

- Wave 6 New Phoenix jacket (SUB)

ghmmblackheart.jpg

Mephistopheles

- Wave 26 Wolverine Origins Sabertooth jacket (SUB)

- Wave 6 New Phoenix jacket (SUB)

ghmmmephistophles.jpg

Edited by youbastards

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it was a boardie who won that proto, sorry.

This clear enough for ya BHM?

DC71882Alg.jpg

That aside, the only other piece I can think of from that wave that's been reused is Wave 24 Venom's spare jacket.

Beyond that the closest matches for any of the part sculpts from this wave could include New Phoenix's or Sabretooth's trenchcoat for Blackheart (not Mephisto mind you), any one of the T2 Arnies' leather jackets for GR and Johnny Blaze, and (obviously) a Ghost Rider head + "flaming hair." For a real stretch you can probably repurpose Paulie's hat for Caretaker somehow.

(I'm still broken up we never got that shovel. :()

Thanks NorthRaider, I've updated the parts list.

Were Ghost Rider's spiked gloves ever re-used?

Pete's hairpiece from Wave 24 Back in Black Spidey for Johnny Blaze's hair?

fig0665f2lg.jpg

Helo's hairpiece from BSG Wave 3 for Johnny Blaze's hair?

fig0440h250.jpg

Chief Tyrol's hairpiece from BSG Wave 3 for Johnny Blaze's hair?

fig0441h250.jpg

What about this trenchcoat from Wolverine Origins Sabertooth?

fig0719flg.jpg

Admiral Adama's hairpiece from BSG Wave 2 for Mephistopheles?

fig0393h250.jpg

Cavil's hat/hairpiece from TRU BSG Series 1 for Caretaker?

fig0672flg.jpg

Edited by youbastards

I just want to say this project is doomed and you should all just walk away, lest the same fate befall you that, um, befell (?) Nic Cage's fortune and comics after this movie came out. This wave wasn't meant to be and it's best left buried with Rocky 3 and C3 Alfred. Any who try to build what was never meant to be will watch as their Minimate collection gets traded away by a family member for a collection of Shockini's. Beware!

I don't know why, exactly. It just felt right to be all glooming and cryptic about this thread. But don't say I didn't warn you all.

Looking at this wave I can see why it was canceled. Why do Crusty Old Man Caretaker when you can do Cowboy Ghost Rider Caretaker? And I gotta say Ghost Rider himself looked pretty awful. Why the hell does Blackhart have a shovel? Am I forgetting something? This whole two waves is really just a bunch of civies. I honestly dont miss this wave and I'm a big fan of the Ghost Rider comic. To quote Fred Gwen from Pet Cemetery... Sometimes dead is better.

In my Blow Out Mr.T was the most requested Minimate .....just saying.

Ghost Rider .....Sad movie, average comic-book ,great character who never really realised his potential (leastways the writers never did). For the record I had just started 'the addiction' around about the time these were being touted ,looking back I don't think that DST could've afforded to fail with these at the time....how times change. They wouldn't have sold...they might now.

I'll deal with the final ol' GR chestnut....his bike......no bike no Ghost Rider IMO.

To quote Fred Gwen from Pet Cemetery... Sometimes dead is better.

I agree wholeheartedly with your full post but I have to know Rheul ...Are you a Brit? Stephen King is superb but I just could never get over his title for that book .....Pet Sematary. I totally agree with most American spellings of our stupid language but 'Sematary' is the end ...in many ways.

This will probably mean nothing to you BHM, but IIRC Stephen King himself stated that the misspelling of the word "cemetery" was intentional. It was intended to evoke how children often misspelled "big words" like those at that age, and the plot does sort of center around a couple of kids.

Again, probably irrelevant to you.

Depends on how you define "good news" I guess :ermm:

So... a Ghost Rider sequel! Ah heh heh heh heh heh heh...

(We're riding on the hope that a surprising sequel to an otherwise mediocre film adaptation is going to get us some new Minimates. I think we need to reevaluate our priorities a bit here. :lol:)

Depends on how you define "good news" I guess :ermm:

So... a Ghost Rider sequel! Ah heh heh heh heh heh heh...

(We're riding on the hope that a surprising sequel to an otherwise mediocre film adaptation is going to get us some new Minimates. I think we need to reevaluate our priorities a bit here. :lol:)

ROFL..... I know.

As a Film Major ironically I'm not excited for GR2 a flm, more excited about the minimates........gettin down with the sickness

To quote Fred Gwen from Pet Cemetery... Sometimes dead is better.

I agree wholeheartedly with your full post but I have to know Rheul ...Are you a Brit? Stephen King is superb but I just could never get over his title for that book .....Pet Sematary. I totally agree with most American spellings of our stupid language but 'Sematary' is the end ...in many ways.

No Im from the USA. East Coast in da house! I did know that the book title was spelled with an S but I didnt think about it when I made the above post. I was just trying to be a wise ass ;) . In addition Ghost Rider without a bike really is a hard sell. If they do make a GR II I think they should ditch Cage and do the Dan Ketch GR. He was always more bad ass than the Blaze GR. The 90 GR book was VERY well written until Salters and Texeira left the book. The "shoehorning" in of Johnny Blaze and the Midnight Sons really knocked the book off track.

Some time ago I received an anonymous email at my Minimate Labs account with a zip file full of photos and a simple message "Thought this should be shared". The photos were of the previously mentioned Ghost Rider prototype listed on eBay. I sat on them for a little while because I wasn't sure how to present them. Then they just slipped my mind.

I guess now is as good a time as any to share them. Bear in mind, I do not own this prototype. I do not know who does. These photos were sent to me anonymously. I've cropped the background out a bit and adjusted the levels so details are more visible. They are at full resolution, so I can't really enlarge them.

100614_grfront.jpg

100614_grback.jpg

100614_grpiece.jpg

FWIW